Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Car hoarding is worse than ever with tampered bases back in :(

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by LoneRanger, Apr 12, 2015.

1. lskyus

lskyus Experienced Ranger

Do not know would like confirmation of that, however any spawn points I have ever been too, there is never anything there, nothing spawns, i have been round the map several times..

Rest are supposedly camped or built on...so cant be accessed...

2. FightingPhantom

24 hours... I like it.

3. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

I wanted to do it just now before writing this - BUT... I'm sure there's already several threads on Login issues... which I'm currently having (usually have to re-verify files 3-5 times before it'll FINALLY let me in).

Generally I "make the rounds" and hit almost all 25 spots on a good day - the trip takes on average 3 hours or so... that's a LONG day JUST to find a vehicle. I have a Jeep and a Police car on one server, but it stands to reason that I'm not "hoarding" because I'm in a group of 7 people and we share them. I have 2 people as "Secretaries of Housing and Urban development" (inside joke), and a couple people scavenge, and I've been appointed "Transportation Secretary" so ... I get that mundane task. :D

Yeah... some people cockblock the spawns with furnaces and whatnot ... I thank them by putting a workbench or a furnace on their shack's door. :p

4. lskyus

lskyus Experienced Ranger

Aye, cars need to despawn more regularly ...

5. Tasdaz

Tasdaz Member

This was my solution to finding two cars at the Governors Mansion:

[youtube]9ljklVCvdE8[/youtube]

6. oldsoldier

oldsoldier New Member

I have played 277hrs I have only had a vehicle twice. I crashed the first one, the second I had just before the server wipes.

7. Gprofanity

Gprofanity New Member

lol thats because u are missing the point....

After the wipe, i had more then 15 cars. lost them all, exploding (for no reason), desapeared for no reason, etc.

Thats the damn shity of this game... so what if i have 3 cares on my bases, i ****ing use them, i "worked" to get them...

8. Jornel

Jornel New Member

agree

9. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

There was a recent server wipe, and cars are everywhere if you know where to look.

Honestly, I can find on average 5-7 vehicles a day. They blow up for most retarded reasons so they're ALWAYS respawning.

Pro Tip : If you know the spawn locations, one is bound to turn up eventually when the previous car that spawned there explodes for whatever reason.

10. FightingPhantom

I can't even keep 1 vehicle in my tampered base for longer than a day. I think i need more upper walls to keep people from jumping in.

11. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

It could just be the tampered foundation eating them. This is a well-known bug that I've brought up several times and it seems like the fix is or the identifying problem is nowhere to be found so far.

As for being able to "find" cars lately...

Just yesterday I was able to find 3 Jeeps, 2 Police Cars, and 6 trucks out in the open. Not saying I have them all still (bases eating them, people leaving keys on the ground and flipping them, someone else ran to the vehicle and got inside before I could get there, etc.) but they were definitely out there.

12. K1LLC4M

K1LLC4M Member

Look no further, gentlemen...

[youtube]H3WEaQD61ZQ[/youtube]

I do not say it will be easy to make something like that.

But with time, dedication, and manpower you can reasonably secure cars.

Hackers roll through every day or two, no-clip in, and wipe out the cars but other than that it works.

On our worst day though, my clan lost more than 30 cars to our own stupidity (opening a gate into a car and causing a chain explosion, rolling them over, hostile player attacks on the road, etc).

With the cars being in constant use for base raiding, transporting large supply shipments between distant bases, running over animals to get biofuel, or looking for more cars; even without hackers there are times when we have 0 cars due to causing our own losses.

The point is, even if you have a way to secure the cars... if you're using them you'll still lose them.

The only way to "hoard" cars even if you can truly store them as I depicted above is to never use them ever.

A course of action that seems illogical to me and defeats the purpose of putting so much time and effort into building a facility capable of storing them in the first place and then running all over the map to find them.

If you use the cars you will lose them constantly.

13. Fleischfresser

I see nothing wrong with having 1 car per 3-4 peeps. I consider it car hoarding when your clan scarfs every single car it sees up and you end up with a car dealership with each member having their own set of wheels.

When that happens it's kaboom time.

14. K1LLC4M

K1LLC4M Member

It's a sandbox game with PVP servers. As long as you don't use hacks, I don't think legit players would begrudge you destroying cars.

Cars are resources, no different than if you killed them and took their gun.

Fair game.