Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl Grimes

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Loc, Jun 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Im sure they will pick up right where season 1 left off. Wonder how much older the kid that plays carl is gonna look. I mean, is been over a year since they filmed season 1.

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I bet it might be noticeable since he's young and they tend to grow fast lol. Who knows, he might be rocking a moustache lol.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

They're going to use the age-reduction technology seen in Benjamin Button and Tron Legacy. :tongue:

Kidding, of course. I think the kid was young enough in the first season that he probably hasn't changed much in the past year. It's future seasons where they'll really run into a problem. Once he hits puberty they'll either have to re-tool the story to fit his aging or cast another kid.

4. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Yeah I agree it probably won't be too noticeable and yeah when he does get older they will hit an issue as his age will appear to jump from season to season.

5. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't know if anyone watched Lost but walt grow up quick and I think thats why he was off the show after season 2.

6. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I haven't really noticed much...but I am sure eventually, he will grow up a lot! lol.

7. inkerchris

inkerchris Member

That's actually a very interesting question...if they cast someone else we will lose his great acting, and for his age, i'd say he is the best i've seen. Maybe the magic of Hollywood can keep him looking that young even through puberty. And by the time he hits then maybe they will time the show so it sort of matches the aging characters, I know the comic doesn't really do that but that doesn't mean the show won't.

8. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Yeah eventually there will be a season when he will go from looking like 10 to like 16 lol. Next season he will be sporting a chin hair lol.

9. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Definitely! Kids change DRASTICALLY between ages 10 and 13.

10. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Carl

After watching all episodes from season 1 and Season 2. It seems to me that Carl is just a pawn for Lori and Shane and neither one gives a damn about him really. The only who cares and loves him is his father Rick. I noticed this in Days Gone Bye - when Rick and Shane are talking in the patrol car and Rick tells him how Lori says"Maybe you don't care about us at all". In ear shot of their son. Lori leaves Carl to shack up with Shane instead of spending time with her son. Lori putting Carl in the middle of her and Shane's fight like some tool. Shane pissed off at Lori gets angry at Carl and tells him to go find Dale. Lori saying its better if Carl die when he gets shot and not sure if he is going to make it or not. Rick has more faith than Lori that Carl will make it through and live. When Rick leaves the camp he wants to make sure that Carl will be okay with his decision and he understands. Rick tells his son that he loves him. As far as I know Lori never has never said that and neither has Shane.

11. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I have been re-watching them again as well and have to say that I agree. She does seem to have a strange relationship with him, kind of like she is always thinking that he is in the way.

12. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Well, I'll be nice and spare the comic book rant but I'll just say I'm not overly excited about how AMC has developed Rick and his family.

13. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Lori said she had the affair with Shane because she thought Rick was dead, and she wanted to feel human again. I'm not excusing her actions, but with her husband believed dead, and hiding day and night from flesh eating corpses, I can understand. Remember: Lori thought Rick was dead.

I don't doubt Lori loves Carl. Lori must think that she'd embarass Carl if she told him that. And as for Lori arguing that maybe it would be better if Carl slipped away, I would argue she was emotionally spent.

I'm not a fan of Shane, but I believe he loves Carl. Shane risked his life to get those medical supplies for Carl. Shane sacrificed Otis so he could get back in time. Since then, Shane's constantly told himself that sacrificing Otis was for Carl's benefit. However, the way Shane treated Carl before the shooting was cruel. Lori said it's over, Shane. Don't take it out on her kid!

14. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

This could all be fixed if they would let Comic Book Carl Loose on Shane:shining:

15. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I think that both Lori and Shane think about themselvles over everybody, not just Carl. I would almost like to see the dynamic of Rick and Shane after Lori had gotten herself eaten by zombies.

16. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

Carl sort of annoys me to be honest. I am worried he'll get a bit wesley crusher.

But for what it's worth, Shane likes Carl. It was Lori who used Carl repeatedly as a pawn in both Lori/Shane and Lori/Rick's relationship. Rick complains about it in the car scenee in the first ep, that Lori was using Carl during their fight. Later Lori forbids Shane to have anything to do with Carl once Rick gets back, disregarding the fact that Carl/Shane had developed a relationship. Then Lori gets all rude to Shane telling him he's ignoring Carl. Shane also risks his own life to save Carl when he is shot, something Lori nor Rick did at the school. He also commits murder for Carl. So I don't think he's using Carl. I think he does a lot for CArl...

17. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

18. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Here is thing people who continue to defend Lori's act of cheating and Shane's " I thought Rick was dead" defense.Anyone not medical knows and should know if someone is in a coma he is a deep sleep not dead. When Rick was hooked up to all those monitors he had not flat lined. Meaning he was alive not dead.Because the monitors showed a normal heart beat. Shane was too dense or just was so jealous of Rick that later he would **** his best friends' wife telling her and believing his own lie that Rick was dead. There was too much going on for Shane to listen for a heartbeat from Rick.The monitors got messed up so he took it upon himself to say that Rick was dead.

19. Maggie

Maggie Member

sooooo is this a defense of lori? or a defense of shane? LOL!

20. Maggie

Maggie Member

The only single time I thought Carl was worth anything was when he stood up to Shane and said we're NOT leaving with out Sopia. That kinda made me like him... He's young (like 12 right?) and he's been through hell.... the kids himself is growing into a man during the worst kinda environment... here's hoping he uses Rick as his role modle and not Shane.... and not Lori....