Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl Grimes

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Loc, Jun 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Melo

Melo Active Member

He will! ;)

2. Puggles

Puggles Member

They are setting Carl up to emerge as a bad@ss for sure. Someones got to step up after Ricks epic fail as a leader at the end of this season. Theyve been grooming his character for this role.

3. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Rick was way too over confident dealing with The Saviors, I knew it wouldn't be that easy IMO and him hooking up with Michonne made him feel invisible so I knew Rick was way over his head after "Knots Untie". I do believe Rick will become gun shy/laid back in season 7. While Carl will like be his Season 3 counterpart (if he does become badass again and there won't be no going back. RIP Hershal) similarly lash out at his dad like he did in "After" when everyone knows Rick messed up big time with Negan. His leadership is gonna be questioned in Alexandria and that's not that first time this has happened with our group. I know Michonne will be there by his side. Those are my brief predictions!

4. ibrittanybutler

ibrittanybutler New Member

Top Ten Reasons Carl Grimes Is Not A Whiny Brat

Hello! :) I'm new here so I'm not entirely sure if I'm even posting this correctly. But, I thought I'd pop in and share this discussion/countdown video I just uploaded about Carl's character development and defending him from all the ~haters~. Haha. Hope you enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6TgfxK7Ga0

5. Monster Voices

I love Carl! Both Carls :D And i do hope season 7 will bring the darker Carl of the comics to life! I wonder if he will ever walk around without the bandage though. Seems like a lot of trouble to have his make up done every episode but it sure would be cool to see his full wound at least once.

6. TheSlayingTaco1

^^^^ Yessssssssssssss!

7. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

For [MENTION=102492]TheWalkingTaco1[/MENTION]

[​IMG]

8. CosmoCanyon

CosmoCanyon New Member

He was probably my least favourite character at the start. No though he's one of my favourites. No longer a whingey little annoying kid.

9. Lucretius

Lucretius New Member

His character is my least favorite, by a long way. I think it's the acting really. Most of the other characters are very well acted,. the look/mannerism/ dialogue is believable. I just don't see it with Carl. I know he's supposed to be this badass in the comics, but the kid playing him doesn't do the character any justice. He looks like a girl, is too slight and fragile looking to be intimidating. He looks like a little girl pretending to be tough in my mind. I think if they made an actor change it could work

10. Melo

Melo Active Member

Carl was such a badass in this ep, he's not a kind, a real man!

11. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

I think he does look a little angelic but most teenagers do, at his age. Men don't beef up until late teens or early 20s.

Cutting all his lovely locks might help him look a bit more butch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#751 Lilliam, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  12. Lucretius

Lucretius New Member

I'll be interested in watching how Carl's character shapes up this season. I was thinking about the scene that has Rick trying to wrap his mind around Negan's order to chop Carl's arm off. I do agree it shows strength when Carl tells Rick to "do it". I think it could've been more powerful for him though. If he had looked at Rick in anger or contempt for his weakness. If he had yelled at Rick to do it, I think that could have been a moment.

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I don't think he wanted Negan to hear him.

14. Lucretius

Lucretius New Member

I suppose I can see that aspect. Maybe I looking or hoping for a decisive "Ah Hah" moment for Carl's transition to a more powerful character. I understand he is still basically a kid, albeit in a post apocalyptic world. Like I said, I am very interested to see how this character shapes up this season. I can change my view on him, but these writers and Chandler gotta get to work on him

15. TheSlayingTaco1

When Carl hugged Maggie he told her "I got it" When she was before telling the others they needed to get ready to fight. What did he mean by it? It sounds to me something gonna be going down this season! Badass Carl :)

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh I guess I didn't hear him say that...I may need to put myself in the emotional turmoil again and rewatch this episode since I think i was too upset to absorb everything.

I think I remember seeing some filming spoilers

17. TheSlayingTaco1

Thank you! I'm glad Carl is okay. I have to watch the episode again too...i don't think I'm ready tho.

#757 TheSlayingTaco1, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  18. Sarah-kate

Sarah-kate Member

I'll be honest Carl has always kinda annoyed me, but I suppose that's cause he was a little kid so not doing what he was told is normal ( stay in the house carl) and when Rick was injured by the Governor and Carl got all attitude and didn't really help really ground my gears buuuuuuut S7E1 made me like him, he's grown up and matured even in the small screen time he had and I look forward to seeing more character development from him as he gets stronger.

19. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

20. TheSlayingTaco1

You are right!