Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl Left Alone. And Negan.

Discussion in 'Episode 809 - Honor' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Reina

Reina Active Member

Uh oh. :oops:

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Actually the truth of how it went down isn't out in the open... It was stated way before episode one even aired Chandler wanted off the show. There have been a big back and forth about this. A lot of hear say and speculation. Gimple takes all the heat so it wouldn't be out of his character to just take the shit from fans so the poor 18 year old kid doesn't have to.

Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. Reina

Reina Active Member

Yes! It's one of the things I noticed right away. I appreciate being able to say what you are thinking without having your post edited by a mod because no one has a sense of humor and gets their feelings all ruffled.

• Like Like x 3
  4. KJThrace

KJThrace New Member

I admit my sources are just online hearsay. Do you have better sources? I thought Chandler looked sad in Talking Dead.

Episode-related question: why did Carl think Michonne would be tired? Could she be pregnant, or did I miss something?

Thanks for the welcome of this new member, at least.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Psssssst.......it is why I have the dungeon!!! I simply banish those that ruffle me LMAO!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

My resources are just as reliable as yours (mainly forum sites). I don't think we'll ever know the truth of how it happened personally I think it was a bit of both "pimple" story telling and Chandler maybe wanting to get onto other things.

On your relates episode question think Carl was saying something about not wanting her grieving for him.

7. Reina

Reina Active Member

Same here. I read a comment elsewhere that said Negan was being a troll in that scene or it was a troll look. Something like that. Just wondering what others thought about it. Still kinda uncomfortable watching it given what we know Negan is capable of and what he's done to her family.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reina

Reina Active Member

Lol! How many dungeonees are you up to now?

9. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I knew that was Negan in the garden earlier in the episode (or I had a strong feeling anyway)... I got goosebumps on that scene and I kinda loved it, not gunna lie...

And I had a feeling at first that Michonne might be the one to end Carl’s life because I didn’t think Rick was strong enough to handle it... but I’m glad that neither of them had to... I loved the relationship Carl and Michonne had...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Reina

Reina Active Member

At first I laughed out loud when he stood up and turned around. Then it was:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Mod? What’s that? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The ticker is at 33....although some of those residents are trolls that are just mean or nasty. Fun trolls are allowed to reside in the minimum security dungeon.

Rufflers of my feathers (the chronic pissers and moaners or those that I deem will quickly become chronic pissers and moaners) are banished to the deep recesses of the dungeon. NOW please understand that those members who offer constructive criticisms along with reasons to back up their views are exempt from banishment. Or those who genuinely love the show and simply want it to be its best but do find fault here and there are never ever sent to dungeontown. I mean I do have standards! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

The reason that he thought Michonne would be "tired" and said so was because she was still recovering from the beating on top of the tower with the Garbage dump woman. If you recall, most of the first half of Season 7 was spent with her and Rosita at Alexandria recovering from their respective wounds. When they ventured out in S7E6, while she was fighting that Savior in the factory, she doubled over in pain. It goes to the time span on show. When she returned it was the same day that Negan came after his escape from the Sanctuary.

As for whether or not Chandler wanted to go or not it really isn't for the fans to pick sides IMO. We can blame AMC and Gimple but it really isn't going to make a difference at this point. Sure he looked sad on TTD, he should be. He spent 8 years on that set and he basically grew up there. But he is also young and has his whole future in front of him and who knows if his dying on show is going to end up being a GOOD thing for it.

Time will tell.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Reina

Reina Active Member

Oh no. :oops: I've dropped a few lines without offering constructive criticism however they really didn't give me much to work with. Haha

You are a very fair keeper of the dungeon dwellers! I hope they don't eat much.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Ok so Carl has gone, I'm sad at the way he died but actors have to move on with their lives and careers. I'm glad neither Rick or michonne had to put him down. That would've been too cheesy. This was the best way to have him go, the bite was as random as life and death in the zombie apocalypse. I already don't like sidiq. What a bad way for an actor to join a cast on a global show.

16. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Chandler is a professional, he's going to act as such. I believe he is disappointed because I believe he was really looking forward to playing Carl as the next arc happens. He mentioned a few times various comic scenes he was looking forward to. So he reads the comics and you can tell there are moments in the comics he was looking forward to.

So I believe he would naturally be disappointed that will never happen, more so because he enjoyed the character than it being a paycheck.

But many actors and actresses have been written off shows they never wanted to leave but because they are professionals they take the high road and look forward to playing out those final scenes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Reina

Reina Active Member

How come you don't like Siddiq, because it was to get him to safety as to why Carl was bit?

18. Reina

Reina Active Member

This is why I couldn't be an actor. I would think it was personal or I wasn't good enough every time my character died.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Pffft you think I feed them? BAH HA HA HA

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes. I realized later that I had misremembered. Sorry. I knew someone would post the correction. And yes, it was pretty crummy to buy a house first and then learn your job has gone away, especially when you had every reason to anticipate that your story would continue, due to the comics.

I do think another cast member might leave this season, though.