Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl left in charge....

Discussion in 'Episode 808 - How It's Gotta Be' started by gavuk, Dec 13, 2017.

1. gavuk

gavuk Member

With all the discussion threads about Carls future (or lack of it) on the show has led me slightly left field and I don't think anyone else has gone there so here goes....

When Negan turns up at Alexandria with his bullhorn and threats Carl appears to assume he's in charge and makes the statement about "we've just got to survive the night..." and i'm guessing he clearly had a plan but beyond what we saw which appeared to be

a) talk/plead with Negan from the top of the wall (buying some time)
    b) throw some flashbang/smoke grenades about (to ?confuse the Saviours..)
    c) hide in the sewers

to not have a plan!!

Any thoughts.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Hiding in the sewers was a good plan, I thought.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Yes his plan was to try to appease Negan for a bit with some talk then use the flashbangs/smoke to give the group some coverage so they could all sneak down into the sewers to safely wait out the attack. I'm assuming that the Saviors thought that most of the people would be hiding in the houses, and since they couldn't see them entering the sewers they probably figure they've pretty much wiped out most of the Alexandria residents. So I thought his plan was pretty good. He got a lot of people to safety. Good on him for having that be one of his last acts for the group.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I did too. And distracting Negan the way he did, was needed. To round everyone up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Not only hiding in the sewers. He also distracted them by driving out the back. That split the saviors and gave the impression thats where they all went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i hope they truly sold it that all of them left Alexandria in the trucks that went out the back. otherwise, they could be sitting ducks in the sewers. also, im kinda confused as to why they didn't just drive out the back if they really thought they could make it. what benefit do they have by waiting in the sewers right now? they aren't going to pop out until all the Saviors leave. and if they happen to find them down there, its game over.

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The idea was probably to drag em out, They knew t hat they would hunt them or maybe lock the exit. Dwight stopped the blockade and killed like 2/3 of his squad, he evened out the scores a lot!

Carls plan worked since he knew Negan had a soft spot for him. I even think Negan will drop a sad comment or something when he learns of Carls demise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Except that I reckon it will be Carl who kills Negan...what a glorious way to go out!

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

If they kill Negan ;) But that would be one way to go out! Hillarious if he bit Negan!