Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl next season

Discussion in 'Episode 316 - Welcome to the Tombs' started by Morgotha, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

We saw Rick slide towards being like the governor, then slide towards being like Morgan, then return to normal.

Now Carl's sliding towards being a sociopath. What I hope will happen is that he will kill one of the old people to "not risk" them coming back as a zombie and get ostracized -- and then get redeemed.

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I love Carl now. The kid has grown up. I think he will be just fine, just growing into a man.

3. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

He getting more like Shane.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

He hasn't grown up. He's just become a killer.

5. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Thank god, they need someone who will get the bad jobs done.

6. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

Carl RULED this episode.
    Shooting the kid, verbally putting the smack down on Rick.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

can't wait.

8. Tdog

Tdog Member

Well... Shane was his mentor.

But can you really blame Carl for being the way he is. He had to kill most of the people that meant the most to him. His mentor Shane was the first person he shot (even if a zombie), Then he had to blast his mother of all people, and now he has a little sister to take care of.

He may be a kid but his world is surrounded by death. He obviously pays attention. Like with the walker that killed Dale,Sophia,and all of Ricks mistakes. He thinks and acts more like Shane than his father. Shane tried to get Rick to wakeup and see the picture for what it is too but Rick wanted to hold on to his sunshine and rainbows ideals. I still think he killed that other kid just to see what it felt like to kill someone for the first time (and not in the way he had to do his mother). He may have given the right reasons but it's clear something else is going on in this kids head.

9. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

BOMBSHELL!! not only is Judith Shane's child, but so is Carl!! The affair had been going on for years!!! Little Shane rules the world!

10. Trail

Trail Member

Carl going through puberty is probably another factor.

11. ApocalypseGal

ApocalypseGal Member

Shane killed a friend to save his own skin from zombies. Carl killed a stranger who seemed to be a threat the vunerable members of his group. How is that similar?

12. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Everytime someone does something they say '... is the new Shane', same with Rick being colder this season, I'm sorry but killing someone doesn't make you a Shane

13. Jam_Van_Dam

Jam_Van_Dam Member

I think Carl is messed up and wanted to the kill the kid. It seemed like he was pissed off because he couldn't get to join the others at the prison so took matters into his own hands.

14. Hunter Edwards

Hunter Edwards New Member

I do think Carl has grown cold. I didn't agree when he shot the boy but I understand why he did it. I do agree with Carl that bringing all those people to the prison was a bad idea though if I believe Rick only did this for Carl because he doesn't want Carl to become another governor because he sees how this savage lifestyle is affecting Carl.

15. Jam_Van_Dam

Jam_Van_Dam Member

I also got the feeling Carl was upset that Rick brought some people from Woodbury back to the prison. He didn't seem too happy when he asked Rick about them then ran off.

16. Pinkerton

Pinkerton New Member

Completely agree. When Carl killed that kid, everyone else had already ran off and the fight was over. His reasoning was don't take any chances, don't leave anyone alive. Rick did the opposite and brought back a bunch of people from Woodbury. And Carl just stormed off. It will be interesting to see how Rick handles Carl next season. There was no immediate threat ending the episode, assuming it stays that way starting off season 4, Rick really needs to start being a father to Carl and discipline him.

17. R0v

R0v Member

I think next season Rick is going to be very concerned about Carl losing his childhood and becoming a cold person. I honestly love Carl's decisions and I'm interested in seeing him growing up in this post apocalyptic world. I love him in the comics and I can't wait to see his development in the series. I'd like to believe that Carl will be a leader in the future and I hope he doesn't die.

There are other kids now in the prison... for the comic readers, do you think that thing will happen in the show too?

18. Jam_Van_Dam

Jam_Van_Dam Member

I thought he had matured and learned a little since S2 but obviously not as he still seems to like killing which is evident given how he wanted to deal with Randall in S2 and how he dealt with Toby this episode. He still sulks whenever he is left out of a grown up discussion or any kind of conflict. Finally apparently he felt real bad about how he treated his mother yet he seems to be heading the same direction now with his father.

Carl is a very unlikable character even for a kid in my opinion.

19. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

maybe Carl wanted to prove to Rick that he could handle taking another's life. he felt like that is what the group is all about. now they have pulled a 180 and carl doesn't know what to do

20. The_Not_So_Dead

When Carl talked back to his Dad, mentioning all the people who were left alive and then killed someone of their group, I was like: yeah, Rick, how you gonna explain that?

I mean, really how are you going explain that? Probably I would try to explain and then give up, "wha? Well, that's because.... euhm. You know that... aw, f*ck it, because I say so!"