Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl was annoying again!

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by Country, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Country

Country Member

Carl was this episode really annoying again, he just wanted to leave Michonne to very likely get killed by zombies. It reminded me of season 2, where he got Dale killed.

2. shredorama

shredorama Member

It wasn't for the same reasons though. In season 2 he was being a curious little brat, tossing rocks at the stuck walker he found... In this episode he was on a mission to get the last picture remaining of his family all together for his little sister to see. Totally different scenarios if you ask me.

3. EvieE

EvieE Member

Yeah, he was kind of getting on my nerves the first half of the episode and then I had to remind myself that even though he's had to grow up fast in the world he lives in, he's still just a kid bound to make stupid decisions and say stupid things. At least Carl has an excuse. I'm still trying to figure out Andrea's deal, lol

4. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

he always bugs me for some reason... I don't really like kids you know... lol

5. shredorama

shredorama Member

He def. got on my nerves through season 1 and 2 but has grown on me significantly in season 3. I'd like to see him continue growing into a significant member of the team.

6. Cons72

Cons72 Member

I think part of it is the way he sees his dad handle things. If something is personal, his dad always took off on his own to handle it, feeling he couldn't risk or burden other group members.

7. shredorama

shredorama Member

8. kmangel

kmangel Member

I think Michonne was able to get across to Carl the importance of team work. Hopefully he'll think on the experience and learn from it. Going it alone in a ZA world is for fools. Going it alone is likely to wind up a suicide mission. Carl must realize that he needs to cover other people's backs and others his (such as when he shot Morgan).

I wonder if they have meetings after their escapades and critique what happened, how they could do it better, what was foolish, etc. Teachable moments.

9. Beaugard Stevens

He's not my favorite character- and the little actor has little presence, but as long as too much time isn't devoted to him, I will be alright.

10. 4nomads

4nomads Member

I like him because he is such a resilient kid. I don't find him annoying. I work with kids so I like watching him deal with his crazy situation.

11. Scuzy

Scuzy New Member

Well we all know what andrea wants. Shes thinking with the brain between her legs

12. basketcase

basketcase Active Member

perfectly said.

13. highway234

highway234 Member

He got on my nerves but when he explained why he wanted the picture, it basically made sense so i decided to pardon him.

14. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

he was acting reckless like a kid. for an emotional reason. no use getting yourself biten by being rash. he needs to think more. good thing michonne was there watching his back

15. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

I think the question is...
    WHEN isn't this punk ass kid annoying? -_-

16. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

When he's going full on badass against the walkers ;)

17. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I don't know why no-one's handed his arse to him on a plate. I wouldn't mind seeing someone confront him on his stupidity. He killed Dale.

ETA: Also he's never really done anything endearing or cute up until retrieving the photo of Lori for Judith. I seriously can't think of one thing his character has done that I would describe as "loveable". Now that I think about it he is a pretty poorly drawn character because nothing makes him likeable apart from the fact that he's a kid so he gets a free pass.

#17 Alina, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  18. camous

camous Member

I found him less annoying actually, he is becoming less and less stupid , I never thought I would have said this but I have hope for him!

19. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I just think that this is the first episode in a while we've seen Carl act like a kid. "I want to get the thing because waaaah". If he were an adult he would have filled Michonne in and just handled business. There was no reason he had to do it himself. It wasn't like some rite of manhood to get a picture from a Walker infested bar. And while we're on the subject how in the hell did the super black ninja lady go around the corner, score the photo and her stupid cat while going completely unnoticed by the walkers that were seemingly standing on top of the photo????

20. impliedword

impliedword Member

when he was starting to go off on his own i thought he was gonna go to his house to get pictures...but i yelled out during a viewing party LORI TOOK ALL THE PICTURES!!!!...but it was in a restaurant. oh beer