Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl was annoying again!

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by Country, Mar 7, 2013.

1. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

One thing that would make me find Carl far less annoying is if he lost that effing hat.

2. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I like the hat. It was Ricks so it is the one last thing a kid would do - wear his dads hat.

3. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Perhaps. I just think that Carl is trying to be taken seriously as a contributing member of the group, and that's pretty difficult when you look like a little boy playing dress-up. (and a twerp) ;)

4. BarbDwyer

Lol. True. Part of his story is that transition though. If he was just - boom - a man over night he would have no story. He is not old enough to have a mans story.

5. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

That's a good point Barb. I haven't made it through all of the comics yet. I wonder if he ever does make that transition and lose the hat.

Or it could be something out of his control. Have a zombie eat it. ;)

6. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

He has it still 108 issues into the comics. Frankly I hope he always wears it cause it's awesome.

7. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I like that hat, mostly because it was Rick's. I remember though when Rick said to Carl in Season 2 that they could share the hat, but I think it's better for Carl to keep it.

8. BarbDwyer

He is so much younger in the comics that they haven't had to address that issue at all yet. Agree with Skary about always wearing it and I like the hat even more in the comics.

9. Agogo

Agogo New Member

I think so too :D
    That's the most excellent dramatic interpretation.

10. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

It will be season 10 and he will still have the hat. And the ladies will love it. ;)

11. BarbDwyer

Yeah. - it didn't hurt Rick any, lol.

12. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Interesting that you guys like the hat. I've heard several people on Talking Dead mention how much Carl looks like a dork in it and I tend to come down on that side. But then I guess if I said that to his face he'd probably double tap me and be done with it. ;)

13. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

He doesnt keep the hat for how it looks, that is a bonding symbol for him and Rick, if Rick gave him a chunk of bark after he recovered from being shot Carl would have that on him, sentimental I believe is the word.

14. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

I agree. I just wish Rick had given him something cooler. Like an ear necklace. ;)

The bottom line is the character annoys me. I don't think it's the actor as much as the way it's written. But, being a parent myself, I find any child who doesn't listen and talks back and constantly disappears when you told them to stay put worthy of gagging and duct taping to a wall. So I guess I'd find it irksome even if he was wearing Indiana Jones' fedora.

15. BarbDwyer

I must have heathens because Carl is a saint when I think about some of the hair brained stuff they have done.

Don't most kids talk back from time to time? Don't most 12/13yo's get out of sight and/or try and test the boundaries?

ZA happens and we give the adults all kinds of leeway to get mean, go crazy, push the very boundaries of humanity and poor Carl is expected to be even more polite, obedient, and over protected than he was pre-ZA.

16. PEN

PEN New Member

Carl casually leaning up against the glass outside the bar with a horde of walkers scratching on it really irritated me. From previous episodes we know that weight of numbers will break through things (the fence for instance at the farm).

Was it just me hoping the glass broke and he got pulled inside to be mullered?

17. Buck

Buck Member

Carl is by far the most sensible person on Team Prison.

18. Darth Los

Darth Los Member

This ^

Carl was virtually always at the wrong place at the wrong time in seasons one and two and felt like a detriment to the team.

If you think about it, if he doesn't walk into that barn as Rick is going to execute Randall there would have been no excuse to lead a search party into the woods and thus no opportunity for Shane to kill Rick. (At that point anyway. Although, considering shane's mindset at that point I'm sure he would have concocted another scheme). So Shane would have been alive atleast a little longer and who knows how that would have played out. Plus he killed Dale. I mean c'mon......

So needless to say I hated Carl. But I have to admit He's exhibited a level of bad assery in season 3 that's causing him to really grow on me.

:hatchet:

19. Darth Los

Darth Los Member

I agree. Carl has it on simply because it's his dad's hat. What boy doesn't wanna be like his dad?

Plus i get the feeling Carl sees it as a good luck charm or security blanket.

:hatchet:

20. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

To have Carl act the way he did was no surprise, yeah, he's annoying at times, but he's a kid. Besides, he just shot Morgan and was feeling pretty sure of himself as far as getting the picture and a crib for Judith. I liked how that scene went down between he and Michonne, she obviously knows a thing or two how to deal with kids. She made it seem like she would follow his lead , but all the while was there to protect him. Even when she scolded him outside the restaurant it felt more like a big sister than an adult telling him to cut the shit. She gained his respect and I see him looking to her in the future for help/advice.