Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl was annoying again!

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by Country, Mar 7, 2013.

1. JayDee

JayDee Member

I agree Carl is annoying but it's somewhat what makes the series a bit more believable. I do look forward to what Carl will do to put the group at risk again, lol. Hes like at that stage in his life where he is trying to prove his manhood, and show that he is an asset to the group all the while putting the group's safety in jeopardy. There's been plenty of times in season 3 where I just thought "just let him be within inches of his life during an encounter with a walker just so that he can be put in his place." When will the kid ever learn how to follow directions? Stay in the damn house Carl! lol

2. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

3. apiratesaysarrr

I actually find that character to be pretty flat myself. I am certain this is a combination of writing AND maybe really one-dimensional acting. He's not really annoyed me ever, or to me been anything but a normal kid until this season. At least he was cute at one point.

I don't care for Carl at all. I think the coming dynamic between Carl and Rick may change and that could be interesting. At this point, if the kid didn't display clear concern for others (his sister) I'd probably think he was a psychopath. Not the sick, serial killer kind, just the kind devoid of empathetic human emotions. That's how he comes across at the same time as having some humanity, which is odd to me. It's the writing. And I've not thought much of the acting from day one either, really. Just my opinion.

I hate that hat. I think his character has outgrown that stupid hat. He's a bit different in the comics, more childlike. He seems to be considering himself an adult at this point and an adult probably wouldn't play dress up in a ZA. He should ditch that shit pretty soon.

4. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

He may be doing some annoying things but he is just a child who is trying to grow up in the ZA. He went from a little boy who was throwing rocks to zombies and causing old man's death (That was an stupid thing to do) to a little warrior who wants to protect his group and fight against the evil. Not to mention he shot his mom, that was a very hard thing to do but he knew he had to do it and he did.

5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Anyone else find his character change drastic from this to the finale? He talks to his Dad normally here, then in the finale he's all mouthy and disrespectful?

6. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

I think Merle's death made him realise that some of Rick's decisions were indeed jeopardising the group. That's probably the reason why he said ''Now go, so he doesn't kill anymore of us''.