Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl's disrespectful towards Carol

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Judge, Jury, Executioner' started by Joshua, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Joshua

Joshua Member

Someone should have disciplined Carl for disrespecting Carol's belief like that. If she wanted to believe her daughter was in Heaven, let her believe that don't tell her that Heaven doesn't exist and that it's stupid to believe in it.

2. xRubiconx

xRubiconx New Member

I agree!

I was shocked when Carl disrespected her AND when he didnt kill that walker. I am so angry he wasnt disciplined. I would've smacked him. Ugh.

3. Racefreakmel

Racefreakmel New Member

He needs a good ass whooping! I guess he'll have to live with the guilt of what happened to Dale.

4. KPandoraStar

KPandoraStar Member

I wanted to slap the taste out of that boy's mouth. Yes, kid, you lost your friend, but this woman lost her child, and not long before that she stepped up to put a pickaxe through her abusive dead husband's skull. Carol hasn't had men spit on her enough between Ed beating her and Daryl calling her a stupid bitch (granted, he apologized), let alone watching her daughter take a bullet in the brain. Sorry you're lonely, asswipe.

5. Zeffy

Zeffy New Member

That kid needs a good old fashioned ass whooping. Had I spoken to an adult like he does when I was a kid, I'd have been driven into the next millenium!

6. Maggie

Maggie Member

Back off a bit folks...... he's not an adult!

Even adults lash out when they suffer a major loss... he's only 12! He escapted their home running and fighting the whole way. He saw everything he's ever known destryed with people he trusted i'm sure either dying or eating those who are dying. He thought his father was dead.

Then, Sophia, his only friend left in the world, dies in the most horrific devastating way. She was lost, bitten, died alone and scared, and then turned into a monster. He witnessed his father shoot her in the head. Given what he's gone through and how old he is, it's no wonder he lashed out.

I'm angrier at Carol for getting angry at him. CAROL is the ADULT! SHE is also a PARENT! SHE should understand more than any other person in that group what his behavior means. I mean, its okay for her to grieve and isolate herself but its not okay for Carl?

She was out of line... and Lori (if she was any kind of mother at all, which we all agree she is not) should have reminded Carol of that fact.

7. Joenips

Joenips Member

I felt the same way when I watched that. I was like Carol is acting like a little kid getting all huffy puffy running to Lori to tell on Carl.

8. Maggie

Maggie Member

So Carol's grief takes precedence? It's somehow more important that Carl's? He is TWELVE FREAKING YEARS OLD people! What were YOU doing at 12? He's never even been told how babies are made! And yet, he's supposed to show respect, and understanding, becasue for some reason this woman who he barely knows ... her grief is more important than his? When he probably has no understanding of how to handle it himself?

My my mother died, my son, who was 12 yrs old, had no understanding of how to manage his grief for his gramma. He was emotional and impatient and sooooooooooo angry. He was angry at me for being sad myself... how could I be so sad when he was somehow sadder??? I mean she was only my mother, but she was HIS GRAMMA! He was angry at my Dad for not making her go to teh hospital. He was angry at the completely useless doctors who couldn't save her. Mostly he was sooooooooo angry at HER for leaving him before he was ready. And this all happened in a very stable, calm, and supportive environment.

I cannot even imagine his reaction under the circumstances Carl is enduring......

9. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

Carl is ignored a lot, but it's obvious he needs both someone to spend more time with him AND whip his ass when he needs it.

10. KPandoraStar

KPandoraStar Member

I obviously hit a sore spot, and I sincerely apologize for that. But yes, in this situation Carol's grief does take precedence. She's her mother. And I agree that Carl needs someone to lean on to help him with his grief. His own mom would be a great start. Oh, wait... that's Lori, isn't it? Nevermind.

It's very easy for me to get harsh about children's behavior. I've worked with kids a lot, but I don't have any of my own and I don't intend to. One little girl I worked with had an infant brother who died, and every time something wasn't going her way, she'd say "I wish I were dead." And this was with counseling, with attentive and loving parents, and with friends to lean on. So I'm going to give you that one. Gut reaction was slap the taste out of his mouth, but realistically, you're absolutely right.

#10 KPandoraStar, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  11. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

It would have been cool if when Rick talked to Carl he explained that Carol is weak and he shouldn't talk to weak people like that. They need the cannon fodder around to insulate themselves from the walkers. Then back handed Carl for not killing the walker in the mud bog with a pointy stick.

12. cheesy

cheesy Member

Carl cannot help how he grieves especially in a ZA.. Carol was definitely treated like a chill by her husband so I can't fault her for actin like one.. Once again Lori shows her true colors and goes and makes Rick handle it. He needs to get her in check. Preferably by removing the taste from her mouth due to slappage.

13. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

Carl should have been disciplined for the way he treated Carol. He and Lori really seem to have problems in how they treat and their interactions with others in the group. They are Rick's cross to bear and deal with. Lori should have been backhanded a long time ago and Carl should have been put in line a long time ago as well.

14. AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba New Member

I was rather shocked with the way he spoke to her, I actually got a little angry myself when I watched it. I don't know what it is but I'm getting rather sick of Carl lately acting how he is with other members of the group etc.

15. SeraphM

SeraphM Member

I gotta disagree with those who think Carol was the one who was wrong. Carl needs to be taught to treat others respectfully. Carol had never done anything to that child to deserve his comments to her. If he didn't believe in heaven he easily could have just nodded and said "That's nice. I gotta run." But I think the kid is actually acting out because he isn't being tended to.

His comments were cruel. Carols were not. So yeah, her grief takes precedence over his if his makes him cruel to people. For what it's worth, if *he* had said something sappy about Sophia being in heaven and Carol had bitched him out, using the same tone as Carl used on Carol, I totally would be blaming Carol.

He needs more supervision. And yeah, sorry, it's got to be Lori's job, not Rick's. Rick literally has a hell of a lot of other stuff to take care of. Lori seems to only have running around and causing issues for people.

16. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

Well Carl is growing up in the Zombie Apocalypse.
    And Carol should have dealt with it herself instead of running to Lori. It's not like his mother is going to do anything, she is after all a herpaderp.

17. Damrod

Damrod Member

Carl is growing up in a new world. He does need a good discipline, but something that would be adapted to the new situation. He is very maliable at this time and has seen so much death and destruction that it has affected him. Everyone is more worried about survival then letting him be a little kid. He is having to grow up too fast.

18. SeraphM

SeraphM Member

I think this is an important point. The world is different than before the zombies, and Lori is having trouble accepting that. She seems to want to act as though life is just as it was before. She resisted Carl getting weapons training, she doesn't give him duties that are vital to the group's survival, and she runs around worrying about her personal relationship drama instead of simply paying attention to him.

Both of his parents need to accept that life has irrevocably changed. It's as if they live in a very dangerous third world country now. No more sitting around playing with trucks and doing homework. Carl needs to be taught important survival skills and he needs to have chores that make him feel an important part of the group. Uncle Daryl should be teaching him how to hunt and track, for example. Carl could be collecting shell casings from around the farm so they can reload them. He could help out with the washing.

His father could sit him down and tell him "Carl, I'm sorry that you don't get to have the kind of childhood that I had. But that's not in the cards now. You're going to have to grow up, and be dependable." In fact, when Carl apologized for stealing the gun from the gun bag (the 1st time he stole a gun) he seemed genuinely interested in being a productive, helpful member of the group. He just needs a firm hand and guidance. If Lori isn't up to it, someone's going to have to take up the slack. And if Lori can't be moved to do the right thing, why in the hell is she taking up resources?

19. silmarien

silmarien Member

I agree with this.

Carol was being kind to Carl, and he was abusive. He shouldn't get to use "grief" as an excuse to act like a dick. Lori was out of line for telling Carol to "calm down" - the woman was upset, not a raving lunatic. Geez.

20. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I thought you were a troll. You just prove me wrong!