Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol and Tyreese must tell the group about Lizzie

Discussion in 'Episode 414 - The Grove' started by Franklin, Mar 23, 2014.

1. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Lil Liz suffered from some sort of schizoid condition, not a contagious disease. There is nothing to report should the they ever meet up with the rest of our lil group. Survivors of the ZA live with life and death every minute of every day. The thought that Carol and T will be required to report in to the likes of Rick or Glen, etc. As if they are children who need to justify to adults of their whereabouts ...please.
    Each and every survivor at this point has done unspeakable thangs. A mature person would understand and respect others need for privacy concerning those unspeakable matters. Totally up to the individual to speak of their own experiences, but would never be pressured.

2. Benzel

Benzel Member

All that'll happen is someone will ask where the girls are, Ty and Carol will well up and look at the ground. Nothing will be said.

3. dqtl74

dqtl74 Member

Regarding saving Glenn's life, she was attempting to "talk" with the walker and even admitted to Herschel that she "thought he listened". It's hard to make out the dialogue sometimes without subtitles but here she was clearly treating it as a pet of sorts.

4. HeadlessHershel

That's a great observation. I also think Lizzie saved the prison and countless lives by getting rid of all those rats. They were probably spreading the virus inside the prison.

5. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

I think that in a one-on-one situation, Tyreese could break down and tell Sasha or somebody. Either that, or Rick might apologize to Carol for failing to protect her girls as he promised, since he might think they never got out of the prison. When he apologizes, Carol and Tyreese could tell him what happened.

6. Franklin

Franklin Member

You totally missed the entire point. Carol and Tyreese don't need to report what happen because they need to justify their actions. They need to report it because they may encounter similar people as Lizzie.

7. Franklin

Franklin Member

Again, I'm not saying Lizzie believed she was a murderer. Her intentions were to make people turn because she believed everyone should become a walker. Look at her seen with Judith in the woods. She was trying to kill Judith and ignored Mika's plea for help before Carol saved them.

Lizzie believed that Walkers want people to change. She said this to Mika in her last episode. She also believed that they were talking to her and telling her to change.

8. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

Glenn was sick, she didnt wanted to feed Henry with tainted meat ;)

9. soviet prince

soviet prince Member

that's reaching a bit.

10. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

You could blame that on the fact that she's a kid. She wanted to feed rats to the walkers but didn't really think ahead about what would happen if a lot of walker were going to be drawn towards the fence.
    She was too young to think about the consequences of her actions.

11. firstfooter

The OP was not lost on this guy, hence the 1st sentence. Any adult knows there are many levels of 'CrazyTown' and crazy aint some sort of new threat. You know, like some super swine flu victim who needs to be quarantined from others. There's nothing unique about lil LIzzie's condition. She was experiencing some type of psychosis, that meds probably would have kept her semi sane. Survivors of the ZA are FULLY aware they share TWD world not just with pus filled walking corpses, but the 'CrazyTown' people too ...maybe someone should inform the group about Rick's psychosis.

12. Franklin

Franklin Member

Umm...the group already knows about Rick's problems.

Yes, the group knows there are crazy people out there. They have not experienced Lizzie's craziness. Lizzie's condition is unique. We have not seen a character in any TWD series who believe people should become walkers. We haven't seen anyone who made someone into a walker on purpose for the sole reason to "evolve or change".

How dumb do you think kids are? You talk as if she was 3 years old. Lizzie was 11 years old. She had some thought process. Kids begin to understand the consequences of their actions as they grow. She has been in the ZA for a few years and knows what happens to people when they are bit. Mika was old enough to realize the consequences of Lizzie's behavior. Hell, Carl knew at a young age that Walkers are dangerous.

13. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

Her thought process being:
    - Let's give names to walkers, make friends and play tag with them!
    - We shouldn't kill these walking dead people who are trying to eat us, they're just evolved and misunderstood.. Let's feed them rats!
    - I 'hear' the walkers, I understand them. If I wouldn't have died, I would've started to speak walker by growling, drooling and snapping my teeth.
    - It's okay to kill my little sister. I didn't stab her in the head so she'll come back and we'll live happily ever after. Don't worry, she won't try to eat us or anything!
    - I was planning to do the same thing to the baby/toddler that's right here. She's going to be a hell of a cute undead baby! But you interrupted me, asking me to drop my knife. So I'll pull my gun on you, even though you're not a threat to me at all.

Yes, Lizzie was a smart, eleven year old girl, she did have a thought process. But that thought process was all messed up, as a result of her mental issues. So I don't think it's a stretch to think that she didn't understand the consequences to feeding the walkers at the fence. It's not like the other decisions she made, were so smart and sane.

Mika didn't have any mental issues. Neither does Carl, except for the trauma from the world he's living in and everybody he's lost over the last two years. He's messed up, but he still knows what's right and knows that walkers are a threat and shouldn't be underestimated. Both kids shouldn't be compared to Lizzie.

14. Franklin

Franklin Member

I think you're missing my point. Lizzie's view on the consequences were much different than everyone's view. She didn't believe she was doing anything wrong. She didn't believe that she was putting anyone in danger. She was just helping the Walkers and wanted everyone to change. She believed that was the right thing to do. That's insanity.

Lizzie is The Walking Dead's version of Albert Wesker. He also believed that humanity needed to change. They both shared this belief. Even The Governor didn't believe this.

Both kids can be compared to Lizzie. Afterall, you were the one who said that kids can't comprehend the consequences of their actions. You said that we can blame her age for her mental illness. Her age has nothing to do with her mental illness. We have seen many functional and logical children such as Mika and Carol in the series.

15. HeadlessHershel

Lizzie’s ‘craziness’ as you call it was nothing compared to what you’re about to see on this show. Yes Lizzie tried to turn her sister Mika and Judith into walkers but that doesn’t mean she possessed a ‘belief’ that people should become walkers. Lizzie was trying to prove to Carol the walkers weren’t dead. To Lizzie they were just different. She also claimed that she could ‘hear’ them. Could Lizzie really hear the walkers? Probably not, but we’ll never have a definitive answer to that question. Are the walkers really dead? I'm not surprised at all that some children might think the walkers are not 'dead'. If they were really dead how and why are they able to do so many things the living do? It defies explanation when you think about it. That's why it's called science fiction. Most of us are adults that are also seasoned viewers of the show and this genre so our natural reaction is to think "of course, everybody should know this and it's readily apparent to all" when it probably isn't or wouldn't be to a child especially one that’s lost both parents.

To be fair walkers were always attracted to the prison. They even had to clear the prison of walkers before they could move in. There were also no rules specifically stating not to feed the walkers but Lizzie probably saved the prison and countless lives by getting rid of all those rats because they were most likely responsible for spreading the virus inside the prison.

I’ve also seen a lot of people mention Lizzie’s age and that she ‘should’ve known better’ because she was 11-years-old but if a child has a learning disability they can have the mental capacity of a much younger child. The simple fact remains that had Carol or any of the adults made the true nature of the virus and how it worked apparent to Lizzie none of this would've happened and they'd all still be alive. Carol promised to look after these kids. I guess you could also blame Rick to some extent because Carol had no influence away from the prison. Then again Carol should've made these kids a priority instead of killing Karen and David. It is not all that surprising to me that an 11-year-old child, left to their own devices, developed some flawed perspective. There is no Internet, books, television, or other source of information regarding the walkers, the virus and how it works. Children without parents can only be expected to learn so much on their own. The rest of that knowledge has to come from the child's guardian or caretaker.

16. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

Oh boy, your head is so far up Lizzie a... Ok that sounds so wrong, I'm not going to finish that sentence but you get the point.

17. HeadlessHershel

Welcome to The Grove.

18. firstfooter

HEHE Lizzie'CrazyTown' ...nothing unique there.