Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol cant kill?

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by 1Izwho1iz, Mar 28, 2016.

1. 1Izwho1iz

1Izwho1iz New Member

The entire reason she's leaving is she wont kill for her group because shes done killing. Then she kills a group straight off. The writers obviously just wanted carol on the road for some reason. Morgan going after her. Morgan and carol only ones outside the wall not being held prisoner?

2. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think they are going to have the two of them come to terms with each other, maybe find a happy median or kill each other, lol

3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Since she had gun in sleeve, did she deliberately set out to find some Negan crew to kill or was it backup just in case she ran into whatever?

4. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

Carol seems to be having a mental crisis.
    It's like she can only kill if she hyperventilates and then has a mini panic attack.
    You have a choice... nobody has to die!! please noo.... *cue the tears.-

She has stage 4 Morgan pacifist cancer.
    It's pathetic and beneath her.

5. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

I must have missed it but when did Carol get wounded, since she is apparently bleeding?
    Thanks

6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I wondered about her bleeding as well. I'm making an assumption that when she went around the truck to shoot the savior and he managed to slash her somehow/somewhere, which they didn't show us. Interesting how the other savior is following Rick and Morgan, but we didn't see him again.

7. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I don't know -- that hysterical inability to catch your breath followed by a crying jag has allowed Carol to get the jump on two groups of murderous killers so far.

And why, if Carol can't kill any more, is she willing to stick an automatic weapon up her sleeve, so that she can kill several people in a single burst of gun fire? Nor did she hesitate -- she shot first. Carol can kill to save her own life, but not the lives of the people she cares about? There's got to be more to this story.

8. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It's obvious that Carol can kill. They've just changed her arc from killing anything that looks like a threat to trying to get it around it first. BUT, when push comes to shove, she's still bad ass Carol. I'm very interested to see where they take her character.

9. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

This pissed me off with Carol. So you can't kill anymore so you leave armed to do just that. Knowing someone from the family will follow and put themselves in danger to help her. Hell, she could have kept her ass inside the walls and adopted Morgan's way if she didn't want to kill anymore.

10. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

im not liking this Carol arc. I get that she is conflicted and such, but to take it to the point she does of the hyperventilating and then ripping everyone to shreds is just a bit much. I feel like they took one of the most bad assed characters and really screwed it up.

11. AAG331

AAG331 Member

She still ended up killing those Saviors in the end, so whatever.

12. rustybag

rustybag Member

Maybe what she means is, she can't love and have those she loves dependent on her for protection anymore, because it's too painful when the inevidable happens and you lose them. Not sure if it totally makes sense to me (at this point if you are fortunate enough to have people who you care about and who care about you, what else is there to live for?), but perhaps that's what she means by that..she can't kill for those she loves, she'd rather be on her own where she only has herself to worry about.

#12 rustybag, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  13. Captain Sisko

Captain Sisko Member

She only got the jump on one group maggie got the jump on the other

14. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I think this was the motivating factor behind Carol leaving. She wants that opportunity to say, "Just run, nobody has to die." with just herself on the line and nobody else.
    I wonder if Carol's conflicting feelings on killing are more based on the fact that she IS so good at it. For her to know that she could turn into such an amazingly effective killer when she started as a abused spouse is an epic leap. To know she might have been able to stop Ed, or even kill him herself is heavy. I think Carol just realized that she truly can dish out "life or death" to whomever crosses her path. I think she hyper-ventilates and cries because she knows right then how she is going to kill you and it upsets her that with all her power, she has no choice. Yes, she uses the sobbing, weak look to her advantage, but I think what she really wants is to be left alone and not have to kill for awhile.

#14 DarylFTW, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  15. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

I did appreciate the "nobody has to get hurt" line that Carol threw out to those guys before she blew the away. I knew when she said that those guys were f#cked. Other than that, I'm not liking this story line only because Carol has been with the group (she's family) long enough that she could have talked with Rick or somebody about what she was going through, that she was at a breaking point about killing people or watching people die. Just because she is loosing it doesn't meant she is not useful. Hello cookies! Also she should have known that people would go after her therefor risking their lives in the process. Everyone just scattered to the winds on their own stupid adventures putting the entire community in jeopardy. Everyone is acting a little too selfish and irresponsible.

But of course there is the fact that Carol can still kill and kill effectively to save herself and save ASZ but every time she does it, it breaks her down a little more. I wonder if she is going to kill herself at some point? Morgan will be the one to try to convince her not to.

16. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

Right now Carol is a very confusing character to figure out.

17. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

They're ruining Carol with this arc. I think it's leading up to something big, but the road to get there is destroying the character development from the last few seasons. I hate to say it, but I think Carol is going to be dying next week, and I think it will be a direct result of Morgan's "all life is precious" philosophy.

18. Walker Caravan

I think Carol will meet Negan... once. I don't think she's being literal with the "can't kill" thing. She doesn't Want to and it's taking an emotional toll is what it means.

If Morgan finds Carol, and the two of them travel for a bit together, and they find the Savior compound with our group being held there, and Ty... I mean Morgan stays behind because he's all pacifist and needs to watch the bab... I mean wounded Savior while Carol goes and scopes out Termi... I mean the Savior compound... :zombies_lol:

19. Fon

Fon Member

Well, she CAN kill. And she WILL kill to save herself and her family. She just doesn't want it. When it's not 100% necessary.

That's why she's been crying, hiperventilating and being afraid a lot latelly when she's on these kinds of situations, it may sound to some people as only an act, but she's actually feeling these things, and trying to reason and say nobody has to get hurt so the others just give up and no conflict has to happen. She's afraid to kill, but she will do it if these other people ignore her pleas and warnings. It's kinda different than Morgan's situation

She may have said on the letter "I can't kill for you" but she pretty much intended to say "I don't want to kill. I don't like it. I'm going away so I don't have to do this on a regular basis and try to live alone and as far away as possible from conflicts".

I am really liking this arc, Melissa is doing a phenomenal job. c:

20. Laura 61377

Laura 61377 New Member

IMO, all the crying and hysterics Carol seems to having in the face of having to defend herself are a tool to lure "victims" closer. A crying, hysterical female seems vulnerable and weak, not deadly. It's a good defense and would give her time to judge a threat. She's never had a problem with killing before, so why introduce one now?