Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol didn't kill Karen and David

Discussion in 'Episode 403 - Isolation' started by Willzy123, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

That is all I care about to be honest. I don't want all the original females to be dead by season 5. They were all my favourites from the start to be honest. If this ends in a finale where she has a breakdown and kills herself or Tyreese kills her I will be pissed.

2. Porfivor Nixon

Kirkman's interview does seem to confirm it's Carol. I hope the show is not jumping the shark here, it just doesn't seem to make sense she would do that. In episode 2 when Carol and the others were talking about quarantining them, nowhere does she seem to be thinking, "Oh, god, I have to kill them." This and the terrible Governor character still being around- people were clearly tired of him and his plotline already at the end of season 3- makes me think the show might be going off the rails here.

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

What people were tired of the Governor? He was and is a great character in both the TV and comic universe.

4. quux

quux New Member

It's Lizzie

Gotta give props to Willzy123, it does make sense and it lines up with the plot elements.

• Carol teaches the kids how to use knives, Carl sees it, tells his father despite Carol asking him not to so it's clear that Rick knows. Seems a bit odd to for the writers to spend to much time on the Carol-as-knife-instructor subplot if the some element of that story is relevant. What else could it be? Carol is being a tad rougeish? Ooo. Edgy! ... [please excuse my crummy puns]
    • Carol to Lizzie: "You're weak, you've got to be strong."
    • Lizzie's friend to Carol: "She's not weak, she's just messed up."
    • Child's bloody handprint low on the door frame.
    • Carol taking almost nonchalant credit for the killing.
    • Carol acting out her guilt by behaving suicidal.
    And why would Carol, if she actually was responsible for the killing, start feeling guilty about it? A reasonable explanation is she wouldn't have killed the two victims and she knows she set that ball in motion.

Unless I missed something, those saying Lizzie isn't responsible for the murders have no explanation for the child's bloody handprint. When I first saw the scene I thought the implication was just that it was low on the frame but Willzy's theory nails it.

Hat is off, sir. =)

Addendum: Whether Lizzie is in sick bay legitimately or not, I can't say that adds or detracts to the theory because it's tautological; if you believe Lizzie is the killer, you believe she's faking the illness to get closer to the sick and that supports the "Lizzie is the killer" theory (and vice versa). So whether she is or isn't, and we can only speculate unless further evidence is revealed, is more a function of whether she's the killer rather than evidence of that truth.

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Because it didn't work. The flu still spread, and even Lizzie got it. So she killed two people for no reason, and it saved no one.

It was not a child's hand print. It was not a man's hand print, but a woman's hand print would also be smaller. And if a woman reached out it would naturally hit around the same area on the door.

And if Lizzie was such a genius mastermind, why would she be stupid enough to put herself into quarantine with people who's illness can kill her?

6. ChokeHldsIllegal

Perhaps the Ben and Billy story arc from the comics? The Allen/Donna/Ben (no Billy) family was nothing like their comic versions....

Or perhaps the Rachel and Susie story arc from the comics...

When I saw two little girls getting some screen time, I assumed/hoped/wondered if they would adapted to one of these arcs...

I'd prefer the Ben and Billy scenario as it involves further development for (kinda a comic spoiler but not really)

7. inkbaby

inkbaby Member

I don't think a little girl could drag two full grown adults that far on her own, or be able to over power them both with only a knife. Besides Carol was absolutely wretched with guilt.

8. TheWalkingTide

TheWalkingTide New Member

That's what I thought too.

The fact that she was feeding the walkers, her little sister saying she was messed up, the low hand print and judging by the preview of next week makes me think it was Lizzie.

9. tallahasseehero

I definitely could see there being more to this than meets the eye. I could honestly believe either scenario: Carol did it, or she is covering for someone.

10. Ahrramin

Ahrramin New Member

Also, when Rick was investigating the crime scene he noticed that the bloody hand mark on the door was low down, like a child did it. Then, when he asked Carol, he prefaced his question saying she would do anything for the children, then he asked her if she killed Karavid. I think Rick even understands that her response meant she knows about it and is covering for Lizzie.

Furthermore, the clip from next show of a body being dragged out, I don't think that is a flash-back but a new scene, as, like you said, Lizzie was pretending to be sick to get into quarantine so she could kill more. Her cough was so obviously fake, that if it was just bad acting they would have caught it and made her re-do the scene...

11. Ahrramin

Ahrramin New Member

Although, if my previous post was correct, about Carol covering for Lizzie, then the scene where Lizzie is going into the sick block seems kind of weird. Does Carol know she is going to kill more of them, or what? They did focus on her knife in that scene, suggesting she is going to use it... But, why wouldn't Carol stop her if she was just covering, unless she supports the actions too? Maybe she just believes Lizzie got sick from killing the first two? **** knows.

12. Ahrramin

Ahrramin New Member

"Robert Kirkman, troll? NEVER!!"..?

13. quux

quux New Member

People that were almost certainly already dead? Seems like pretty weak tea for that degree of angst, don't you think?

And if you're Carol, don't you kinda already know that the odds you'll halt this thing by murdering two carriers are slim to begin with, considering the resident's proximity?

It's not the size or the location but the orientation. An adult, whether male or female and regardless of hand size, would be holding the door reaching down, not up. Look at Rick's hand orientation.

Further, he knows Carol didn't do it. Carl tells Rick that Carol is teaching children to use knives and right after we find two people stabbed and burned to death. He investigates the scene and what does he find but a print that appears to be put there from a person with about the same shoulder height as the handle.

They didn't put that scene in for craps and giggles and if they're trying to lead with Lizzie to plot twist to Carol, that's sort of like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. An eight year-old psycho has a lot more dead tree potential than Carol killing people for a reason many might consider legitimate or at least sympathize with.

Access.

I'm kind of surprised there is even a question here.

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

http://www.accesshollywood.com/the-...on-consequences-ahead-for-carol_article_86087

Does Melissa McBride troll?

See also interviews by Gale Anne Hurd who also says Carol did it.

15. Ahrramin

Ahrramin New Member

Yeah brah I think they're trolling you good.

16. Bruocsella

Bruocsella Member

No they didn't, they confirmed her confession, that's all.

Edit : The Melissa McBride interview was pretty clear though, I just read it.

#116 Bruocsella, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  17. Bruocsella

Bruocsella Member

No one actually said she was a genius mastermind, what are you talking about? In fact, the hand print on the door was pretty dumb if you ask me. Lizzie is crazy.

18. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

the bloody handprint at a short heigh on the door is what's on my mind atm... could it be Lizzie's? idk

19. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Lori is not dead!

20. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]