Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol has never looked BETTER!

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by RicksDick, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Thanks for that. I am gay and I find Carol more attractive than Daryl to be quite honest with you. Carol is a very unique character on TWD. Her hairstyle makes her stand out to me, if she was long haired and it had colour she would not be the same Carol.

To me, she is almost like Ellen Ripley from the Alien movies. In Alien 1, Ripley is at the background of the movie for about 30 minutes. Says little, does little. As we know, by the end Aliens 2 (and 3, but it goes a bit too far for me in 3...swinging above lead pits on chains goes in to superhero territory) she has nothing to lose, grabs a flamethrower and goes after Newt to save her. Carol has lost her child (much like Ellen Ripley lost hers), is out to protect other children now and has gone from a non-weapon user in the background to someone who handles weapons well when needed. As soon as I saw Carol in that vest season 3 carrying a sickle and perspiring I thought "wow, she is reminding me of Ripley a bit".

My mum is 64, she loves the walking dead. I think Carol was a character that sucked her in to it, as well as Andrea. She loves Carol now, I think she represents an "older woman" (not that she is that old really) it brings something to the show. I thought Michonne would be too far out for my mum. However she LOVES Michonne. Surprised me.

#21 Benrai2k, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The thing with Carol is that she was in an abusive relationship, so a lot of the things that make her look older and frumpy (frumpy clothes, bad hair, etc) she did on purpose because of Ed. If any other man would have noticed her, Ed would have beat her. Had she been too noticeable, Ed would have beat her.

She's only now starting to blossom because she's evolving.

3. Busted Flipflop

Have you all noticed they put Melissa McBride (Carol) into the opening credits rather than having her listed as "guest starring"? This is the first time she is listed in this way. Hopefully that means she will be around for awhile. I really like how they've had her character grow.

4. whitestar1

whitestar1 Member

I know she is finally in the opening sequence.and when i saw it i had the biggests smile ever.

5. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Carol is really starting to be an interesting character. I think it's also cool how she's turning into an independent person and getting tough etc but at the same time there is still a meekness about her eg: when she gets seen with the knives and she's like "Please don't tell your dad" :(

6. cpump

cpump Member

Shame this will prolly be her last season

7. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Carol was a character I despised in season 1 & 2 (gosh season 2 was AWFUL character-wise, wasn't it?) and I hate her in the comics... but since season 3 she has been growing on me and in this episode she was terrific. I really loved she was teaching the kids how to use knives behind Rick's back. She seems very pro-active this time around which I adore!

I can't believe it but I am actually wanting to see more Carol this time around. Much more! Congrats for Melissa to have her name in the opening credits (star bill role) confiming her character as one of the main one of the show!

About Carol's looks, I always found her attractive and I still do. Those eyes are gorgeous and I love the hair :)

8. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I've always loved carol, even in seasons 1 and 2 for some reason I just saw potential there. I love her hair! she has such a pretty delicate face that her short hair lets you notice it as opposed to long hair which I think would over take her. I love her confidence and her exchanges with Daryl, they have such amazing chemistry. I so badly want them to be together! Her teaching the kids to use knives is awesome and even if rick did find out it would be unrealistic of him to get mad. I mean it's ZA, they need to learn to look out for them selves! Not sure why Carl was pissy about it though. Also, I love how strong she looks now, in season one is was weak looking and now she's definitely more muscular. Everyone is in way better shape which I love because everyone started out as normal (ish)'looking ppl but their physiques have all developed from all the fighting.