Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol in the Witness Protection Program.

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by mtito914, Feb 29, 2016.

1. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

What happened to Carol ? It seems to me that Carol should have been on the trip to the Hilltop community. Carol is a leader who has been with the group from the beginning and has Big Time come through in the clutch several times.. To me, Carol is the one who should have been the one to speak to the leader of Hilltop.

2. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

That would put carol in a position of weakness. Carol's strength is stealth. To creep in the darkness unbeknownst to her adversaries and strikes when they least expect it. Out front in negotiations are not where she belongs

3. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

I was a bit confused why a pregnant Maggie was chosen to negotiate with Gregory. Admittedly I missed some of the episode, but she has rarely ever shown leadership skills compared to the rest of the group. Also, why would Glenn risk putting his pregnant girlfriend behind closed doors with the town's leader when they could have turned out to be bad guys (like The Governor or Gareth)?

4. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Someone has to stay behind and tend to Alexandria's defense.

5. calliope

calliope Active Member

I thought it was very odd as well. Very contrived and it didn't work particularly well for me either. The scenes with Maggie and Gregory felt staged and not very authentic. Obviously they're setting this up for the future storyline, but I wish it worked better.

6. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Cause Carol is the only one they could leave behind all by her self and know she would protect ASZ with her badazz skillzzz.

7. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I see Carol better suited in a defense and fighting role, and behind the scenes, not as a negotiator or leader. She often acts as impulsively as Rick. Shes needed at ASZ.

maggie is more diplomatic.

also, might be setting it up for us to see maggie as a new leader, but then only to kill her....psych us out.

8. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Carol would have had Gregory looking at the flowers within minutes, so it was probably wise to leave her at ASZ.

9. batongal

batongal Active Member

Rick chose her because Deanna was already grooming her back at ASZ. Which everyone was aware of. Guess he felt it was time to test her skills.

10. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Carol, apparently, has been baking cookies. Jesus complimented the "baker". lol It looks like she will be in next week's episode. Yay.

11. filthyastronaut

Carol is criminally underused. Regardless, with the exception of the weird drama with Morgan recently, when she does something, it's amazing.

12. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I wonder how Carol is coping with the loss of Sam. I know she must feel some sort of pain.

13. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

We win.

14. Wombat

Wombat Member

true. Carol is the ultimate Infiltrator. Doesn't like being noticed as it would draw attention to her movements.

Also, she probably wouldn't have even made it through the gates of Hilltop without capping one of those spear carrying gate guards who started barking orders down at them. ;)

15. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Carol's negotiations with Gregory:
    Gregory: You don't have shit!
    Carol: How about we kill all of your people and take all of your stuff?

16. Coreenfw

Coreenfw Member

So true, but then she would have offered him a cookie, or maybe told him to look at the flowers......

17. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Carol truly is most powerful with stealth but I think she has an unfair perception as a shoot first killer. She's only killed in circumstances where it was necessary, with the arguable unnecessary ones being Karen and David.

We've seen her offer calm logical advice many times to many members of the group and stealthily carry out influence. She has a wide variety of skills and knows psychology.

I'd wager she could negotiate with Gregory far better than Maggie did without even the hint of violence against them.

She is Carol, after all.

18. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

She has to stay back and protect ASZ from Morgan and anyone who decides to invite because he doesn't wanna be a bad boogeyman.

19. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I thought that scene with the cookies was a little weird. Jesus compliments the baker and Daryl replies, "She ain't here" (or something like that). Is it as simple as she's not in the room? Or did he mean something more significant, like she's not in Alexandria at the moment? Is she out taking Morgan to look at the flowers?

20. Arc Flash

Arc Flash New Member

With the group they choose to take with them , I think Maggie was a good choice to negotiate. She was being groomed by Deanna for politics prior to the wolf invasion and has a nonthreatening appearance. I guess Michone with her legal back ground ( if I remember correctly) would have been a good choice.