Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol leaving FG to die...

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by Terranova, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Terranova

Terranova Member

When I watched the episode first time, I was like "Yey, Go Carol!!!" But, you know, when I re-watched it today, the episode, when Carol saw that Gabriel was being killed, and didn't even move to help him, kinda bugged me. Yes, FG is a piece of sh!t, but leaving him like that? Really? I don't see any other member of the core group capable of such a thing.
    If she is going this path, I wouldn't be surprised, if she is going to turn into some kind of a villain and get herself exiled (or killed?) again. What do you think?

2. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Even though it is not morally correct and certainly would not be deemed acceptable under any social standard; the man did exactly what she was going to do, only he did it to dozens of people for no reason other than cowardice. Carol was prepared to let a known traitor who offers nothing to the group die for the sake of focusing on the Wolves and killing them before they kill anyone else.

I dare say that she'll soon reach a crossroads on whether or not she can continue down this path and in that moment, she will have to make a decision that could easily get her exiled or worse.

I for one was more than pleased by her treatment of Gabriel.

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Her priority was to get to the armory before the wolves armed themselves with Alexandria's weapons. Carol says to Morgan something like "They don't have guns, we have to get to the armory before they do"

If it wasn't for Carol's quick thinking, the wolves would have taken Alexandria's weapons and killed everyone in Alexandria..

4. JPG119

JPG119 Member

Its only Gabriel...Carol was far too busy being Schwarzenegger to worry about s**t like that

• Like Like x 1
  5. Terranova

Terranova Member

That wolf had to be killed anyway, and it wouldn't take much time to do that. Can you see Rick or anybody else just passing by like that?

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's only natural too. She's one person and the inclination would be to save those people that are from her core group, or the more innocent Alexandria people. It's just the nature of the new world too. Saving Jessie, Sam, Eugene etc would take precedent.

Then you have someone like Deanna's son Spencer who is too afraid to even come back into the town, even though he was given the job to protect them in the tower. How many lives could he have potentially saved? So there's more toothis than just focusing on Carol as well.

What I like is that we have different approaches to the new world and everyone isn't just a cookie cutter Rick or Michonne type fighting machine. And then even within the fighters we have different perspectives on what morality means in Rick, Carol, Morgan etc.

It's only natural that people with a harder edge like the Governor, Negan, Merle and in our group's case, Carol, would outwit and outlast others now that it's more of a medieval world.

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I also believe Carol's top concern is to get to the armoury asap. This should be the deciding factor.

But I also think if it were Carl (instead of Gabe) fighting with that Wolf, she would have done differently. In such case, she will likely to ask Morgan to help Carl and she continues her way and tells Morgan to come to her aid asap after that.

8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.

[​IMG]

9. Terranova

Terranova Member

That's a slippery slope...

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The wolves were only one house & about 30 seconds away from gaining control of the armory. She made the right call..

11. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I laughed :zombies_lol: karma bitch!

12. Shadow

Shadow Member

He was a coward and a traitor and it would have blown her cover. It was more important for her to get weapons for everyone than to risk the community for a coward. Also, we know she doesn't enjoy being a cold-blooded first-class assassin, but she does what is necessary.

13. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I think everyone in the group hates Gabriel at this point, Rick declining his offer to help, Carl with is "What!?" when he came up to Carl, and just the stinky eye the group gives him, lol.

14. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I think Carol wants the Father to grow some balls and fight back. If he lays down and dies, then tough.

15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

This. She was in disguise, and she had Morgan on a chain so that it would look like she was taking him prisoner so that they could both get to the armoury. Morgan blew their cover by helping, which nearly cost everyone, as then Carol had to race two Wolves to get inside.

I don't blame Morgan for helping. It was the moral thing to do. All episode, Morgan's and Carol's different approaches to the situation were juxtaposed. Who was right? A case could be made for either one, but the point is that in those circumstances, Carol wasn't wrong.

16. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Wonder if Carl is going to be Gabe's saving grace. If he ends up teaching him to fight, Carl may be the one to bring him around and cut him some slack. I guess he already did with agreeing to teach him to fight. As for Carol, I think everything will hit her at some point and she will have to deal with it.

17. RarreKZ

Maybe he feels most comfortable with Carl since he tried to help Gabriel back at the church. xD

18. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Plus Carl is the only one that will give him the time of day...

19. RarreKZ

I think Carl is the only one who sees that Gabriel can change if he really sets his mind to it, I mean Rick already rejected him and the others wouldn't hesitate to leave him behind (Looking at Carol). But I agree with you, Carl will most likely be Gabriel's saving grace.

Missed this forum btw. :)

20. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I dont think Carol is as unfeeling as everyone is making her out to be. Granted, she did and does what needs to be in order for her group to survive and frankly, she took one look at Gabriel and weighed the pros and cons. It was a split second decision and probably an easily made one because they all now know he betrayed them. In her eyes, what was she going to save and for what? Him to betray them tomorrow? And she had every reason to believe that.

BUT, every kill she does she pays a price. They WANT us to see that. Going back to Consumed and The Grove, every action Carol does that is seen as unmoralistic or brutal, she is paying a price for. We saw it in her eyes when she held Mrs. Iwantapastamaker as she lay dying.

My only worry is that how many times will Carol lose a piece of herself until there is nothing left. : (

As for Father Gabriel.....that man has more lives then a cat. He's a walking rabbit's foot. Soon though,,,,,,soon.