Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol leaving FG to die...

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by Terranova, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

I basically watch TWD for Carol now. In my daily life when confronted with tough situations I often find myself wondering 'What would Carol do?' I also found it uber inspiring in the last episode of Season 4 when Rick said he pitied the Termites because they hadn't yet realized who they were messing with. Then I see FG and I can't stomach him.

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

The termites should've stomached him.

3. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Also, Carol has a mind like a stopwatch. She knew she had to hustle in order to get back to the casserole before it turned into a smoking brown mess.

Course, she didn't know that Carl was there to save the day !

4. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

The mission was to secure the armory, provide weapons to stop the massacre. She was successful all alone. I would like to say that when Morgan rescued Father F**king Gab, neither Morgan nor Gab jumped to help Carol. What a time to talk about a cheesemaker and play around with a murdering sociopath. Even though Morgan has fighting skills, Allowing these murderers to live to fight another day borders on treason.

5. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I think another key aspect to her decisions to leave Gabriel to die is that she probably knew about his betrayal and how he tried to get Rick's group exiled. If Carl knew about it, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone knew, Carol included. So, she could save this guy that sold them out, at the expense of possibly everyone else's lives, or she could leave him to get what he pretty much deserves. Remember, Carol doesn't know that FG is truly ready to redeem himself and fight with Rick and co. The only person that knew that at the time was Carl. Now, if it was Daryl or Glenn or someone like that being attacked, first of all, they would be able to defend themselves anyway, even help Carol.

Basically, Carol's reasoning and decision to leave FG to die makes perfect sense. It's not like she had a lot of time to think about it. Morally wrong? Yes. Right in the long run? Also yes.

That's a finely cooked double-yes if I ever saw one.

#45 kennyisalive94, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  6. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Exactly ( bolded) which is why we saw Morgan & carol take that dramatic Robert Frost type direction.

7. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Carol knows the ins and out of the padre, but she isn't going to waffle, given a situation.

She fixes things that need fixin'

Carol is incredible in the sense that she NEVER second guesses, in the moment. She acts, done.

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The fact that Gabriel can't even defend himself from ONE of the wolves when Carol (a scrawny middle-aged woman) defended herself against 6 or 7 Wolves, is pretty pathetic..

9. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

Thank you! I can't believe the thread is "Carol leaving FG to die" vs "Why can't FG defend himself".

It's the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. Save yourself!

10. Berry

Berry Member

Carol has known that Gabriel was talking smack about the group for at least a week. She has had time to discuss/reflect upon what-all Gabriel has done. She probably also knows what Gabe pulled on Sasha the night of the meeting. Gabe is pretty close to being the resident traitor... I doubt seriously anyone from Rick's group would have given him the time of day (especially when faced with another pressing mission). All this pre-knowledge is how Carol is able to make split-second decisions like this.

Also, fortunately, Morgan's escape didn't give her away.. the very next Wolves she sees call her Aphid.

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

A red state bumper sticker in the U.S. is "God didn't create all men equal, Samuel Colt did." True enough, though.

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

As they approached and then passed, Carol in that duster with that steady, steely gaze made me think of Clint Eastwood. That was a perfect scene. I would set to the theme from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, for fun, but I'm not that gifted. :)

14. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I bet FG shows up for his 3:00 lesson.