Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol Let Negan Out of Jail

Discussion in 'Episode 1012 - Walk With Us' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm glad. This is what made sense to me, based on how Carol has been behaving. Are you satisfied?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I'd have preferred if Michonne let Negan out of jail.

The excuse could be it was in gratitude for Negan saving Judith in that snow storm. Or the realization that Negan could deal with Alpha in ways Michonne couldn't or wouldn't anymore.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I was flabbergasted, even though I read the speculation many times. What bothers me was under the circumstances why was Carol working so hard to get Alpha herself, screwing up things at home rather than wait for Negan to fulfill his end of what apparently was a bargain? Did she not trust him? Or was it a whoever can get the job done first type of deal? Maybe they had a wager.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Wow!! What a crazy twist I kinda like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah Carol being the one to let Negan out would have worked better if she didn't make that stupid decision in the mid season finale.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Has it been actually confirmed that it was Carol who has let him out? To me the “It took you long enough” is not a solid confirmation. It could just mean, she knew he was out there, figured he would need to make a decision whose side he was going to take, and now she had her answer.

This is the only way it makes sense to me that she spent the entire season hellbent on killing Alpha herself. Also, the two characters never had any interaction before. I still think it was more likely that Daryl let him out. He wasn’t at all surprised when he saw the roadblock all saviours-style. He had confirmation there that Negan was with the whisperers, but at that point he also had to have some doubts about his allegiance, and whether his plan backfired.

I think we might still get a twist on this. (Unless it’s been confirmed it was Carol and I’m completely wrong. In which case none of Carol’s S10 arc makes sense to me at all.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

To me, this is a confirmation fairly solid. The most obvious is that when Negan showed up and threw Alpha's head before Carol, Carol was not surprised at all. Not only so, she did not react in any way hostile. Her immediately knowing what has happened (ie Negan killing Alpha) not only says that she was merely suspecting but more than that and it is her expecting Negan to fulfill his mission to kill Alpha.

By contrast, Aaron reacted in a hostile way. Negan seemed surprised when Aaron reacted angrily. Negan must think that Carol would have, at least, informed the leaders (Aaron being one of them) of her releasing and asking Negan to infiltrate the Whisperers. But, in fact, Carol did not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BlackBird

Yes, I see the reasoning here. My only argument against it is really that if this was indeed a deal between Carol and Negan, Carol’s arc makes no sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It worked for me because now it'll be easier for Negan to integrate back into the group. Carol will say she let him out to kill Alpha and any doubt about him flipping to the other side will be erased now that he came through. That was the part of this that concerned me the most, them not making a viable path for him to return out group. This covers that for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I hope Carol rewards Negan like Alpha did. Take socks off though.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I speculated back at the time it was Carol who let him out.

Though I must say his throwing Alpha's head at Carol's feet surprised me.

I liked the way they did the killing though. I think Negan had not made up his mind to kill her until he knew for sure that she intended to kill her own child. Had she not done that, I think he might have stayed with her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It was good how they added the stuff in about Negan's wife to explain some of his actions. All of that was extremely well done. He did have some indecisiveness about it all, but he's the only one now who will ever know that.

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

1. I am still of the opinion that Carol's preferred method of Alpha's demise was to be by her hand. Everything that Carol had been working towards still makes sense, she still wanted to be the one to end Alpha, to have a literal hand in her demise. But she needed a back up plan. What if she failed? What if she died before Alpha could be taken out?

2. Who better to carry out the deed than Negan if she is unable to? Carol knows two things about Negan: He cares about Judith. He cares about Lydia. Other than those two certainties, Carol only knows of Negan what Carol has been told of Negan. The two of them never had any moments together (at least not on screen). Stands to reason that while Carol is willing to release Negan with the agreement that he take out Alpha she of course has no reason to trust him enough to carry out their "plan" but she knows that she needs an option B. I think in Carol's mind Negan was her best choice for a back up plan, her fail safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It is only a matter of days until we start reading about Carogen ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BlackBird

Yes, I have to agree, it sounds plausible.

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Stupid Carol. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. walkon

walkon Active Member

I can see Carol giving Negen a search and destroy mission: If you pull this off you earn trust with your get out of jail free card. You do us dirty with that card and I'll hunt you down and kill you. Yep, I can see her giving Negen the ole Merle talkin to.

• Like Like x 3
  18. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

It's not like she sent the Saviors against the Whisperers. She sent one man, who could have been killed on sight, or could have just agreed to a deal to get out of his cell and than proceeded to walk to Florida (it's not like she could have had real trust in the guy). It makes a lot more sense that she continues to try and kill Alpha herself than just think that the job was done by opening that cell.

Three things: she knows he's batshit crazy and dangerous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Oh and I really hope next episode starts with a flashback to the moment Carol let Negan out. I'd like to see that exchange.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. BlackBird

This is it. She couldn’t. Daryl would have had a much better chance of getting a deal with Negan, because Negan owes him the world.