Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol Peletier

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by mandei2624, Nov 27, 2011.

1. mandei2624

mandei2624 Member

After Sofia finally being found, as a walker, then killed right infront of her how do you think Carol will cope?

2. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I have to admit, for the first time I am interested in what might happen with her character. She seemed different already in today's episode. They had her dressing more like the other women (lower cut tank top kind of shirt) than the frumpy way she used to dress. It will be interesting to see where they take her. Maybe she will end up being her own kind of...uh housewife bad ass.

3. Lucky

Lucky Member

I have really grown to like Carol over this season, when I didn't care about her at all last season. I'm very interested in what will happen to her next. I'd make a prediction, but I really have no idea.

4. Alex Adrian

Alex Adrian New Member

Lol she's gonna ask Lori and Rick to marry her.

5. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Dead in 1-2 episodes.

6. Julia Ds

Julia Ds Member

She appeared different in the last episode, perhaps the show is trying to make her become more than just the worried mother in the background all the time? As much as i do enjoy her character, and i love the actress. If a death of one of the main cast has to take place, Im hoping it's either her or T-dog. Make room for these new characters we are supposed to meet soon.
    Also, just not feeling positive towards any romance that may develop between her and Daryl. It definitely seemed like a mother-son relationship-the romance feels wrong.

7. bew1977

bew1977 Member

It will all boil down to Daryl, basically. If he shuns her in just about any way, she's gone in the middle of the night to die. She tried to make herself prepared to never see Sophia again, then did as a zombie. (And had to watch her be put down no less.)

8. grumpygriff

grumpygriff Member

I completely agree about that relationship. And not just because I want Daryl for myself. ;) I just don't see them together and that scene in the barn was just unsettling for me. I mean, you're worried sick over your lost daughter but you're thinking about this man? I know in some circumstances you do cling to others during your grief but it just didn't feel right. I don't see these two in a love match. I did see them more as mother/son or even brother/sister. I hope they don't go this route with these two.

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

With no Tyrese in the tv series(yet, anyway) and Sophia out of the picture, I'm thinking they may move up what happens to her later in the comics....

10. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I'm of a different opinion, I think Daryl and Carol are going to be a lot closer...close enough to make his fan jealous.

11. Julia Ds

Julia Ds Member

I can do some back-peddling when it comes to Carol's character. A few episodes in season two showed a very loving, caring side of Carol towards Daryl, it just felt more like that of a mother tending to a young, troubled child. If the writers want to throw some romance into the mix, OK. Just please update her character a bit. Give her some personality other than caring mother/worried mother/sad mother/etc.
    Also, i always perceived Daryl's commitment to finding Sophia to stem from the abuse he experienced from his own childhood, not from any romantic feelings he may have for her mother. But hey, it's the end of the world. People are going to be hooking up left and right i suppose...
    I know a show is great when I start over-analyzing the hell out of it :)

12. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I think Carol and Daryl are going to get together...

I hope so...Carol was worthless in the comic books...

13. bew1977

bew1977 Member

Not true! She was there to be squicky as she tried to get in on Rick and Lori's marriage.

14. Alex Adrian

Alex Adrian New Member

I rolled my eyes almost right out of their sockets when she did that. The comic book character was insanely annoying.

15. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I would like for Carol to become a gun-toting, walker killing, semi-badass woman. But I think she may "opt out".

16. mandei2624

mandei2624 Member

I have to agree. As much as I would like her to let out her inner bad ass, I just don't think she'll be able to get over Sofias death enough for that to happen. But only time will tell.

17. contessa

contessa New Member

Well those are her only two choices. Either become a bad-ass or opt-out. I'm hoping for the former. She definitely can't stay the same after this. That was so heartbreaking.

18. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

Totally agree - I would prefer them not to get together as there would be a danger of him losing his badassiness (is there such a word?) but to remain brother/sister, when Merle reappears will he be torn between his blood sibling and 'new' sibling, iykwim. If they were to get together I hope they take it slowly - bonking someone after seeing your daughter die like that doesn't seem right - bad enough that Lori didn't seem to wait until Rick's corpse was cold but your daughter? I do wonder if she will lash out at him for making her believe everything was going to be OK after she was starting to come to terms that Sophia may be lost forever.

19. The Governor

The Governor Member

She's a goner and I for one do not care. She's too damn soft to survive in this world

20. Julia Ds

Julia Ds Member

yeah, i basically feel the same. I do like her character, but I can't see her surviving for much longer if she maintains the same passive, soft demeanor.