Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol Peletier

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by mandei2624, Nov 27, 2011.

1. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

No I think it had more to do with Carol seeing herself in Paula and not wanting to kill her than Morgan's flu.

2. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

My bets are on Carol.

3. Lau

Lau Member

I love how on every Carol centric episode people say that her arc is going to end, and she just shows how awesome she is.

I get her, she's scared that she became a cold-blooded killer, and she saw herself on Paula, but she did care, she has always cared, she has never lost her humanity. I love that character so much!!!!

4. M3O

M3O Member

What in the actual hell are the writers doing with her?

5. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

Oh carol... you just up and leave? Why... so you can kill only for yourself?.. so lame... what a waste of a character.

6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Her sudden departure makes me think of last week when she kept telling Paula to "just run." She said that not just b/c she didn't want to kill her, but b/c Paula represented that part of herself that believes the only way to survive is to leave all the killing behind. Last week, I thought that Paula going down with the ship represented the death of Carol's hope for herself. Guess not.

7. Lau

Lau Member

That was sad......sad, sad, sad....I get that Carol is having a existencial crisis, but she didn't have to leave, she doesn't have to be all alone...

I don't know what the writers are doing, or where this arc is going

8. Last_Dog

Last_Dog New Member

I'm not crying for Carol just yet. Here's why...

I'm guessing further evolution of her determination to NOT to be a victim is at play here. I think she realizes that no matter how "normal" or "safe" a life in their compound can be there will always be people who will want what they have. The whole experience with "Neegan" probably shocked her with the disconcerting paralells between them and her own group.

Before lamenting her return to solitude, remember how powerful she was alone, remember the incredible acts she planned and perpetrated that saved the very group from which she was estranged. I think she's merely packing up the cookie sheets temporarily. she's seen what could be, but can't right now.

So I'm going to guess she is either going to keep close tabs on the situation commando style and commit a grand savage act on behalf of the group or (God forbid) she'll end up being attracted to a more agressive and savage group that shows more promise of rising above the garbage.

9. LMT

LMT Member

Adding more layers :)

10. ~Wiccan~

~Wiccan~ New Member

if Carol gets really ill, i can see her having hallucinations of Hershel, Beth et al reminding her that you can keep your humanity AND still defend your family. You know help straighten her out...

If someone gets killed (lucilled) and Carol could have prevented it, it will drive her insane (more insane) lol

11. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I just hope Carol is not a walker the next time we see her.

12. coco1988

coco1988 New Member

13. Lau

Lau Member

We need Carol's Movie!!!

[video=youtube;dXKUbTDRckE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXKUbTDRckE[/video]

14. mishone

mishone Member

[​IMG]

That's Carol.

15. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Do you think Carol might be finally Koo-Koo-Nuts ? The trailer scene in the empty theater has her positively giddy. Course, can all be an act. She was pretty despondent with Morgan, so this is bi-polar.

( Melissa McBride is such an outstanding actor ! I can't get over how good she is. And I'm an actor)

16. LGRitz13

LGRitz13 Member

Did not want to read through all 138 pages of this thread so I don't know if this is out there or not....but thoughts on Carol possibly taking over Michonnes story arc from the comics? It seems to me she will be the one to meet Ezekiel first and seeing as Michonne took over Andreas story arc (and love interest) from the comic, someone more than likely will take over hers, so why not Carol?

17. LGRitz13

LGRitz13 Member

I rest my case.

18. RoadKill

RoadKill New Member

Carol is weirding me out

I've always found the character 'Carol' interesting and I think Susan BcBride is a very talented actress.
    I see Carol as an absolute stone cold killer and complete narcissist - she cares about no one and nothing other than herself in anything other than a superficial way - emotionally dead, she is unavailable and incapable of any real relationship - She is insane, a natural response to the world of The Walking Dead.

The nihilism exhibited that has grown over season 6 I felt was boring but OK, we'll see where this subplot leads.
    i was beginning to wonder if Ms. McBride had grown tired of the role and they were setting the character up to be killed off.

I'm only up to episode two of season 7 but thought the scene between "Carol" and "Ezekiel" was interesting and very funny - he nailed her on her seething rats nest coated with a thin veneer of saccharine. I'm wondering where this will lead and am interested in her character again. I hope they don't just "fix" her and now she is miraculously reconnected with the world but wonder if they will come up with something new on the fringes of madness.

19. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I've also found it hard to figure out what Carol is up to, if anything, other than wanting to die. But if she wanted to die, why did she leave ASZ heavily armed? Why did she shoot first instead of just letting the Saviors kill her? Why did she take the weapons of the Saviors she killed?

The only thing that is clear right now is that Carol is masquerading, but Ezekiel might have her number, he likes her and Morgan is watching over her as well. Morgan and Carol are not in such different places -- both lost their entire family; both have killed extensively to survive. Morgan has had his own bout with the traumatic insanity which appears to be afflicting Carol right now and he returned from that state a desire to live. Initially, on his return, he was unwilling to kill but now he realizes if he does not kill, at least in defense, people he cares about -- such as Carol will die. He thinks Carol can return from temporary burn-out/insanity as well I really hope he's right because Carol is a terrific character played by an extraordinary actress.

20. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I typically love Carol, especially in bad-ass form, and I think Melissa does a wonderful job bringing her to life. But this spot right now is wearing me thin. This may sound like a weird thing to say, but she's so damn ungracious about all of the ways she's being taken care of while she steadfastly refuses to contribute: the house, the food, the deference to her insistent need for solitude. I know they're trying to emphasize her journey, so that her ultimate decision to join in the fight is all the more powerful. But for her to get all salty with Morgan and Richard about being left alone--that just felt a tad too entitled for me, if that makes sense.