Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol should have been killed off

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by Joshua, Mar 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Joshua

Joshua Member

As much as she's a favorite of mine, she's pretty much useless and just has a tattoo saying "I'M WALKER BAIT COME AND GET ME!!!!!!!!!!1111111" I'm just saying, she pretty much froze when she was trying to shoot two Walkers in last night's episode.

What can she do?

2. KPandoraStar

KPandoraStar Member

Nope. I don't know why, but someday soon, Daryl's going to need her.

3. Creepy

Creepy Member

I know it's a jerk thing to say, but I always pictured Daryl with a better looking chick. Or at least one who can use a gun. Picture this "I'm Daryl. I'm a physically active single guy and I like to hunt, track, and kill stuff. In my downtime, I work on my motorcycle." and then there's "Hi, I'm Carol. I'm an older, slightly overweight, housewife who didn't develop any hobbies or skills because I've spent my adult life raising children and being beaten by my abusive husband." I just don't see a love connection happening. I see Daryl with someone like Andrea, or some girl to be found later.

If these two are going to be a couple, I predict a lot of stopping his motorcycle to re-inflate the back tire in every season 3 episode.

4. Cody

Cody New Member

She is the whiniest and weakest person of the group for sure I think they keep her around because there's always going to be that one person who, even though given the opportunity, will not know wtf to do in a crisis and have to be saved.

5. Ponty

Ponty New Member

Seriously? Well, proves my long time point that personality before looks, though I really don't know in what world is Carol overweight, old or uglier than Andrea. Daryl's got way more in common with Carol than he would with someone like Andrea. At least with Carol you know what you get. She might be less useful than Andrea when it comes to killing zombies, but I agree with KPandoraStar, she's going to be needed one day. :dead:

Besides, I don't see them two as lovers anyway, not the way things are at the moment. Loyalty and friendship gets you way further in an ZA.

6. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Carol is slightly overweight? XD WHAT???

7. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Really. Carol's overweight? Or older? Wow. She's 46 and smoking hot. And fwiw Norman Reedus is 45.

That aside, I'm rooting for a Daryl/Michonne hookup. Both a little damaged and scary.

8. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I like Carol. I'm glad she didn't die. I do think they should've killed some of the main characters though. Killing only second stringers makes it appear that the 'main characters' can't die.

9. Jersey_Dixon

Jersey_Dixon Member

Carol is hot for being in her forties. (Melissa McBride is a great actress, look her up). Her shorter hair makes her look older, and she is nowhere NEAR being overweight.

Ever hear the phrase, 'Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder'?

Daryl knows how to be a bad-ass. He needs someone for emotional support, because we all know that he didn't get that with his family. And Carol didn't with her husband either. Also, her daughter is gone. Daryl is her last form of emotional comfort. And I believe, she is emotional comfort for him as well.

10. KPandoraStar

KPandoraStar Member

I don't see a romantic relationship with them. For one thing, I don't think Daryl knows how to make that happen, even if he were interested. He yells at her about making his separation from the group "about my daddy." We hear him tell Andrea about how dad was on a bender with a waitress and Merle was off in a detention center. He hasn't said a word about mom. He tells himself to 'stop being such a pussy.' Merle taunts him by telling him to 'kick off them high heels.' The Dixon boys have some issues with women.

Carol is a mother without a child. In many ways Daryl is, despite being a tremendous badass, a child without a mother. I want to make totally clear that I don't mean that as demeaning to him in any way; I love me some Daryl. I have more respect for him than possibly anyone else in the new world. He and Carol have a bond that isn't romantic, and isn't quite maternal, but at some point in the future they're going to need each other.

The writers have taken a lot of heat on these boards, but they know what they're doing. If Carol had served her purpose, she would have gotten chomped by now. I see Carol saving Daryl's life at some point, however unlikely it sounds.

And you know what? She's freakin' gorgeous. Her eyes, man. And there's a rockin body under those frumpy, shapeless mom clothes.

11. Jersey_Dixon

Jersey_Dixon Member

I beg to differ PandoraStar. The wonderful acting job done by Norman and Melissa speaks volumes about the characters they play. The sheer emotional intensity of their scenes together. It's way too intimate. The subtle body language also says a lot.

12. Creepy

Creepy Member

I think you expressed it better than I did. People some how took me saying she's "older" to mean she's Betty White. I simply meant, she looks older than Daryl. Regardless of the ages of the people playing the characters. She appears to be older than he is. Also, I stand corrected about her being overweight. Your post kind of nailed what I was getting at. She's got those "frumpy, shapeless Mom clothes." Daryl being a bad ass biker dude comes across to me more as a guy who's gonna have some younger wild woman on the back of his bike.

Carol seems like she's better suited for a love triangle involving Otis. (If he wasn't currently residing in a half dozen walker bellies).

13. KPandoraStar

KPandoraStar Member

Jersey, I guess it remains to be seen. There is an emotional intensity between them, but I don't know that it can be defined. I don't think it's anything as base as being sexual attraction, or even romantic love. I also think it's more complicated than a mother-child relationship, but I think that hits closest to it. What I do know (or think I know) is that Carol would lay down her life for Daryl without a second thought. Him? I'm not sure. I love him, but I can't read him. Reedus has done such an amazing job of layering the character that I don't dare believe I understand him.

If I can make a prediction ... I've mentioned that I think Carol's still around because Daryl needs him. I see her playing a huge role in his life when Merle shows up again. Because you know he will.

14. padawanne

padawanne Member

I like Carol for Daryl. I almost cried for her when she was trying her best to run away. When Daryl saved her, I was like awww. Carol represents all those who are too frightened to believe in themselves. I love her character. I also like her and Daryl because they are both wounded souls. Carol has a tender heart, and Daryl needs someone to love him.

15. KPandoraStar

KPandoraStar Member

This. Exactly this. He needs someone to make him understand what he's worth, because she's right. He could get along fine without any of them, but they'd be in a tough spot without him.

16. JFB_JP

JFB_JP Member

Personally, I feel like Daryl and Carol would work better as friends, rather than a couple. Men and women are capable of carrying on platonic relationships, after all.

17. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

sure they can! ...if they are on a LOGO reality show...

18. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

According to Karen Carpenter-Zombie, Carol needs to drop another 30-40 pounds. And Carol can easily obtain this!! ...all she needs to do is go on a strict regimen of 10 intense regurgitation sessions per day.

19. Syphon

Syphon Member

This better be sarcasm lol.

20. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

Well, if they do kill off Lori, someone's going to need to help Rick raise his kids.... And Carol seems to have some empathy and might help him out.