Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol: Underrated Fo Sho

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by ChokeHldsIllegal, Dec 7, 2012.

1. ChokeHldsIllegal

I'll admit, I am guilty of under estimating the force that is Carol. I often get so wrapped up in everyone else's drama that I sometimes forget the incredible strength Carol has shown throughout the series. She (like most of our survivors) has grown leaps and bounds from her pre-ZA life, yet for some reason I feel like maybe the magnitude of her transformation has gone untouched in this season.

Quick Roadmap of Carol's Struggles

- abused mother and housewife BEFORE the ZA! Her life sucked before everyone else's
    [​IMG]

- Zombie Apocalypse! Still abused by her husband
    [​IMG]

- loses her husband (who she probably loved at some point, obviously not below)
    [​IMG]

- Daughter goes missing for weeks and is finally found to be a walker (still one of the most emotional scenes in TWD IMO. Her breakdown was very similar to Rick's
    [​IMG]

- T-Dog gives his life for her, and she is nearly killed in the Prison Walker Attack

- and finally Axel calls her a lesbian... woman can't get a break!
    [​IMG]

You think Michonne is the only "strong" women on TWD?
    [​IMG]

But in all seriousness, if I was a betting man, I would NOT have placed my money on Carol to survive this long. Especially over some of the other original survivors. She is incredibly strong...

2. Machete

Machete Active Member

Actually Carol handled her Sophia's death way better than Rick handled Lori's. I don't recall Carol flipping out and talking to dead people on a phone that doesn't work.

3. Z_Splatter

Z_Splatter Member

very funny and very well put. I am a fan of Carol. Hope she is around long term.

4. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

To be fair Rick has a bit more stress than just losing his wife. Anyway, I'll certainly agree that Carol is lucky to have made it this far. I'd rather see Andrea's sister alive and well than Carol though. Maybe she could have talked some sense into Andrea.

5. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I LOVE Carol!

6. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

I really like Carol too. After she was rescued you could tell how close the group really was when Rick and Hershel were so happy and relieved to see her. I hope she can stick out season 3 anyway.....

7. Machete

Machete Active Member

That's fair. Carol seems to handle stress a little better than Rick though. Probably because her life was so crappy before the ZA and she is used to it.

8. ChokeHldsIllegal

true! I had only really thought about that first literal reaction of your legs giving out and the all out sobbing and weeping... both emotionally charged as hell!

Also, for Carol, it was less of a shock because, while she was mostly hopeful that they would find her alive, part of her knew the chances were so slim... There were a lot more :moving parts" to Rick's realization/reaction

9. ggill09

ggill09 Member

Thats a good point.

I also agree that she is being glanced over a lot. I think with the baby she will play a bigger role, so that will probalby be her big shining moment.

10. Machete

Machete Active Member

I also thought that Carol's reaction to seeing Walker Sophia was the most emotional scene of the entire show. Rick's reaction to Lori's death was probably a close second. Maybe it just struck me different becuase Sophia was a child, and I imagined what it would be like to see my daughter like that. I think THAT would cause me to lose my shit, Rick style.

11. ChokeHldsIllegal

Well the Barnageddon scene was epic on all counts! Rick and Hershel returning to camp with two captive walkers while Shane is going bizerk! Shane's speech to Hershel, the crazy gunfight after Shane busts open the barn, the sorrow from Hershel and family as this all happens in front of them, powerless to stop Shane... Everyone else shooting in as well because they HAVE TO (Glenn hesitates until Maggie gives him the okay).. and then BOOM... Walker Sophia... incredible...

I'm definitely re-watching that one soon

12. ggill09

ggill09 Member

That was by far my favorite scene of the show so far!!

On a side note. I know Daryl just happened to be right there, but I think that was the beginning of this whole romance thing they got going now. YAH BUDDY!!!

13. Challia

Challia Member

I am with you here. Carol is (after Daryl) my favourite TWD character, and I don't get why some ppl hate her for her grey, short hair or being such a family-woman. I will support her and Daryl's relation till the end and I think that though Melissa McBride isn't a proffessional actress, she's given cher character a depth, heart and strength, that many other female characters (ex. Lori) never had. I hope that TWD writers won't kill Carol off, she is important to the group, to thousands of the fans and which is crucial imo, she is important to Daryl. If he looses her, he won't be the same Daryl that we all love anymore. That's what I think.

14. Machete

Machete Active Member

I don't think the show will kill her anytime soon. I don't think that she and Daryl will "hook up" though. They have a platonic relationship IMO.

15. Challia

Challia Member

I am not sayin' they will hook up. But i also don't think their relation is platonic. I mean, platonic characters don't joke about "screwin' around" and massaging each other's backs. Also, platonic couples don't go nuts if they loose their partner, like Daryl did when he thought Carol was lost during ep 5 and 6 this season. And if you look at promo picture with Rick and Carol from the incoming ep. 9, you can see how much he is trying to reassure her and make her feel better - you think its all cos she had a platonic relationship with D.? Doubt that. I may be wrong, I am just a girl who would love to see D & C together, but I don't think I am just seeing things. All this is happening, I am sure.

Regards & xoxo
    Challia

16. Machete

Machete Active Member

I joke around with platonic girlfriends about sex all the time. Its called flirting. It doesn't mean that it leads to anything. Carol and Daryl definitely have a special bond-. He was the one person out of the whole group that spent the most time looking for her daughter. I am sure that meant a lot to her. If you are waiting for them to have a "romantic" relationship, I think you are going to be disappointed.

17. Challia

Challia Member

I am 32 years old, I know what flirting is. And I think in Zombie Apocalypse it all may be a little different. As for "romantic relationship", whether you like it or not, it is happening. It may not be standard or ordinary, it is all wierd - cos Daryl is weird and lost, Carol is too, imagine how strange it must be for them to feel something...in these times, in terms when they all could die in a heartbeat. That's what I find exciting, and that's what I find exciting in Carol. She won't give up, she goes on. She lost everything, but hope. I think that's what is amazing about this show. You got nothing, you fight to survive...but you wouldn't be able to, without these people. Carol and Daryl are these people to me.

18. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

cough *bullshet* cough

You know you want to show them your machete

19. Lawman

Lawman Member

She has an improved lifestyle now that her ^%#$^ husband is gone. I think she was so glad he was gone that she helped destroy his head. She probably didn't want him coming back as a walker.

Rick has been under constant stress, and having to be in charge. It is one thing to be a follower, it is another thing to be a leader.

20. EvieE

EvieE Member

I like Carol but I don't feel passionate about her as I do the other characters. She just kinda fades into the background. Even though I do like her character, I won't be disappointed if her character dies in upcoming episodes. With the introduction of these new characters most assuredly someone is about to die and I think it may be her, Hershel or Beth.