Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol vs. Mary

Discussion in 'Episode 1010 - Stalker' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It seems that, at least tentatively, Mary has been accepted into the group.

But what will Carol do when she finds out?

And would YOU accept her after the spike incident?

For me personally, I'd want to know how directly involved she was with the planning/execution of said spike incident. Once I found out she killed her own sister for Alpha, it would be obvious that at one time she was capable of anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Well, she hasn't done anything worse than all those Saviors with whom everybody's now buddy-buddy, so I guess she's ok............ (but you're right, no way any sane person would let her live with them - just like they wouldn't have trust the Saviors)

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I think I'd find it harder to trust a whisperer than a saviour. Because of Dante.
    He lived with them for months and still betrayed them. I would be concerned that the indoctrination runs too deep. The saviours were all ruled by Negan, and the system depended on him. The whisperer society appears to be set up in a way that the Alpha can be replaced. They seem closer to the Wolves, who have completely lost their sweet minds.

Though interestingly enough we have now seen three younger members of the group (I'd count Mary's sister with Mary and Lydia) who have questioned/deserted the group.

4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Oh, don't get me started on the Whisperers (of course they're crazier than any other group we've seen to date, they make no ****ing sense), I wasn't saying I'd trust any of these psychos, just that since they made us swallow that they'd let the Saviors live with them (nobody would have agreed to that), everything goes now. They'll even accept Negan as a friend of the main group and a good sport after this (he's one of my favorite character, I won't complain, but still zero chance that would happen).

5. BlackBird

I used to think that at the beginning. And then I wasn’t keen on the whisperer origin story because it didn’t answer the main question: “But how on earth did these two lunatics make others agree to follow them?”
    I still consider that a big weakness in the story telling. A few brief backstories shared around a campfire would have sufficed. Something like Mary began to tell Gabe and Rosita about herself and her sister.

So we were left to consider the circumstances ourselves. More than ten years have passed into the apocalypse. These people must have been in various groups and communities that all failed for one reason or another. I can imagine a lot of them were totally burnt out and lost all hope that any resemblance of society as they knew it, could be recreated and maintained. At that point the “if you can’t beat them, join them” approach might begin to make sense.

But I’d expect most of the Whisperers are there because for the time being they can’t see any other viable option, or/and they are too scared of Alpha. If they indeed saw her destroy communities before, they probably don’t fancy Hilltop and Alexandria’s chances.

What I find interesting is that it’s the youngest who question/desert the group. As they came into contact with our survivors, they were the ones whose eyes were opened to the lies enough to act. But I bet many of those whisperers would be more than happy to desert this group. They must be desperate and ruled by sheer terror.

I think the way the Saviours integration happened, made sense. First they were allowed to go back to the Sanctuary, if they wished. It was up to them to choose to live in the other communities. And those who made those choices became loyal friends. It’s basically what Judith said to Mary: if they had met Rick and Michonne first, their lives would have taken a different turn.

I’m wondering now if it’s really going that way. I’m beginning to doubt. If he’s still with the whisperers to dispose of the leaders and kill the snake by chopping off the heads, why has he not done that already? What is he waiting for?

6. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

He wanted a taste of alpha and now he wants seconds.

7. BlackBird

Yum! :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1