Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol will be caught!

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by ZombieMumOz, Mar 11, 2015.

1. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

3. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

4. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

That's a good point. Now that Carol has crossed the Rubicon and gotten away with it a few times, it could become a slippery slope. But i can think of all sorts of nasty omissions on Deanna's part. She's so focused on this community becoming the start of a new world that she may well be willing to justify any manner of concessions to ensure it. I can't buy that she doesn't have a clear picture of how the world now operates. She's had plenty of intel from her scouts and she is a pragmatic politician who knows the base motivations that inspire most human conduct. So I don't beleive the survival of Alexandria has anything to do with luck. So what's left? It would have to be shielded from the worst of the external threats by someone else. The little 'patrols' by her son are just for show and a means of keeping some of the more aggressive residents occupied. My bet is that she has made a deal with an outside group to provide protection in return for something they want. Alexandria as a seemingly functioning little safe zone could be a very sustainable tool for generating all sorts of resources that outweigh its value if just invaded and pulled apart. Humans would be the most valuable resource in this world I think. For use in all sorts of nasty ways. Perhaps she sacrifices a few people as payment for protection. Some have said how genuine her husband seems. To me he came across as pure evil, a practiced and studied predator grooming people for who knows what. With her as the community leader and him as the God like creator of the 'fence' they'd be in a hugely powerful position. Even to the extent of the rest of the community knowing what really buys their safety, but never discussing it.

5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Indeed! They are pretty much like a crazed prophecy thing! That some mad preacher somewhere would scream about "THE MAN WITH THE BEARD! THE CHILD WITH THE GUN! THE CROSSBOW WIELDER! AND THE BANSHEE WITH THE RIFLE! THEY SHALL COME WITH THEIR ALLIES AND TEAR YOU APART!" Said by Frankie Frank, the survive of Woodbury, The Prison and Terminus, that guy in the background who is cursed to always lose his home when Rick gets involved x)

6. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Isn't it crazy, that with everything the world has turned into outside the ASZ walls, that inside of them they have been able to live in such blissful ignorance to it that they can take the time to worry about such little things as inventory of a pantry right down to the fourth-of-a-bar-of-chocolate level? It's sad, in a way. Because if and when the time comes that they may end up out there, they'll have no clue what to really expect.

7. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Hershel did tell Rick, back when they were on the farm, that they were like the plague....

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Haha, well true!

9. Coral

Coral Member

ok but like it's a piece of chocolate like if I was Carol and they like wanted to fight me over the chocolate I'd be like simmer down bud, it's chocolate.

10. Lt. Col. Cookie

Well, it's fine to worry about inventory on food and medicine but I do agree the going out of their way to freaking out if there's missing chocolate is a biiit too much. I think that the end of Alexandria will be due to them worrying about silly things and not realizing that outside those walls is a much different world

11. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

uh, no you lost me there (and all the females on this board). No one gets to "keep" anyone in their place.[/QUOTE]

You are speaking for yourself only. Not all females think alike.

12. batongal

batongal Active Member

You are speaking for yourself only. Not all females think alike.[/QUOTE]

Mmm yea, just what I thought you being of the male persuasion.

13. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

Mmm yea, just what I thought you being of the male persuasion.[/QUOTE]

Luckily, most other people of the female persuasion recognize sarcasm. I can see you have been raised in the anti-male climate of the US of A where women are the eternal victims.

14. batongal

batongal Active Member

Luckily, most other people of the female persuasion recognize sarcasm. I can see you have been raised in the anti-male climate of the US of A where women are the eternal victims.[/QUOTE]

By all means assume what you want about me, that's fine. I did get your sarcastic tone and though you seemingly meant no harm the joke puts a vibe out there which perpetuates violence against women whether you realize that or not. I'm done preaching.

15. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

By all means assume what you want about me, that's fine. I did get your sarcastic tone and though you seemingly meant no harm the joke puts a vibe out there which perpetuates violence against women whether you realize that or not. I'm done preaching.[/QUOTE]

When you made sweeping statements about men and women in general, what you think I am going to assume? And talk about violence against women, what about violence against men?