Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol's letter

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by jeebs, Mar 20, 2016.

1. AAG331

AAG331 Member

But do you know WHY that killing spree struck something within her? She's killed Termites and Wolves without any mercy, even quietly offed Karen and David without any remorse (initially). But even those killings affected her in some way, especially Lizzie. And because of Morgan's influence, she's maybe now feeling some sort of regret for the ruthless killing that she's done, or at least it's affecting her in some way. Remember when Carol shot the Alpha Wolf? Her face was filled with a bit of regret, because maybe she saw that that wasn't the right choice to kill him, albeit there was no way she could have known that he had changed at least somewhat. And when Carol was arguing against Morgan during that meeting with Rick in "Heads Up", she said that the Wolves "Burned people alive". And in "The Same Boat", Carol did burn people alive herself. So maybe she's thinking that she's no different from the Wolves or something, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Even Morgan knows that he influenced her, seeing how he was staring at the empty swing set on Tobin's porch. He knew that in some shape or form that he played a part in Carol's disappearance.

But in my opinion, Carol has to do what she has to do. She's had pretty clear justifications for the people that she's offed, even though with Karen and David's deaths i'm still a little conflicted about. Morgan needs to grow up from his "All Life is Precious" garbage, and needs to take a more reasonable position.

#61 AAG331, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. Kiersam

Kiersam New Member

I am also angry about this, and the stupid "romance" that Carol is suddenly in. But, I remember when she left the last time, I was angry, and then she came back--so I a hopeful this isn't the end. I am also secretly hoping she just wanted to break it off with Tobin because she realized she loves Daryl. I mean, Daryl is the one who goes off chasing her, right? =)

3. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I don't think Carol even likes Daryl in any romantic way at all. I don't believe she ever did.

4. Kiersam

Kiersam New Member

I don't really picture them as romantic--but their relationship is one of those beautiful things that defies explanation.

5. Coreenfw

Coreenfw Member

I have considered this..... I don't like this option, but it (to me) is either this, mental illness or she has a plan.....

but, still very unhappy with this turn to her story arc.....

6. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

oh for sure. they definitely did the nasty and then he went all comatose after planting his seed. happens all the time.

7. Manda512

Manda512 New Member

I think Carol's actions make sense if she has PTSD. I dated a guy with PTSD from being in a war zone. Escapism was very much a part of his personality whether through alcohol or actually moving a thousand miles away from his family. I think Carol is going through and acute phase of PTSD. I only hope they can get her back before she is killed.

8. BlackLightning

Think about it. Remember her whole fiasco with Morgan and the Alpha Wolf in 6.08 and 6.09?

9. BlackLightning

This post!!!

And I think Morgan knows it too.

10. Zombie_Penguin

I have no doubt we will see her again.

11. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

I agree with this

12. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

I thought a while back she outright asked Daryl if he'd like to fool around? Maybe I misremembered that?

13. batongal

batongal Active Member

Don't think she's putting herself on the line for the greater good. She said she loved everyone in Alexandria but that means she would have to kill for them and she's not going to do that anymore. Thank you Morgan Jones. As for Paula, she opened Carol's eyes that she will become cold calculated killer. Paula didn't even feel for her so called boyfriend she let bleed to death. Carol doesn't want to reach that point.

14. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Couple things about the Carol line that bother me

1. People I know like Carol tend to get romantically entangled with Military or LE. Not couch potatoes like Tobin.
    2. I feel like Carol would have confided her inner thoughts to someone. The letter was... not Carol.

15. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Is it really tho??? Look at every time she has killed,she has had some kind of breakdown each and every time. I don't like seeing Carol like this but it is in no way surprising to me.

16. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

That was innocent flirting and that was done in happier times. The group had just found the prison. All of them were optimistic of their chances at making it a home.

17. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Where I come from if a girl asks me if I want to fool around it means she wants to get naked. Amiright? If Daryl had said yes, that would have been that.

18. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

wait... this all could be the beginning of Morgan and Carol getting together romantically!. Wouldn't that be something!

she leaves... gets in trouble and morgan saves her by killing... they both have a moment and say" you were right" no " you were right" then they get it on in the woods somewhere.

after that- He would be totally submissive, carol would Femdom his ass!
    they even foreshadowed this..

[​IMG]

hahaha.. that would be AWESOME!! hahaha.

19. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I think Carol doesn't even know who she is at this point. Her line to Maggie about .."you're supposed to be someone else" was more of a confession than an accusation to me.

20. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I don't think her change was that drastic, nor did I think they presented her in a "stone cold badass" sort of way. I found it realistic during the time frame and in hectic real world scenario's, people who have it in them adapt quickly. They gradually showed Carol bringing things she's always had inside her IMO, but were stifled by things you've noted here - upbringing/abusive husband/religion/gender roles and whatever else.

They still always showed that Carol was deeply wounded by the deaths of the children, being banished from the group. They showed Carol as someone who bottled everything up and kept a tougher exterior and having the weight of everything start to crack that is certainly realistic and could bring a new dimension to the character, but we're dealing with too quick of a drastic change and something that deviates too extreme from where she's evolved over the show's timeline.

They don't need to ruin a character to bring in a new dimension just like they don't need to introduce an illogical extremist(Morgan)to add a layer of "humanity" during all of the death and mayhem.