Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol's letter

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by jeebs, Mar 20, 2016.

1. GermanZombie

GermanZombie New Member

Excellent, the best gift you can make yourself is "ACCEPT YOURSELF AS YOU ARE". Fighting against is a war you cannot win.

I think its the "fear of near" in combination of a PTSD, something in the last episode "triggered" that.

In the last episode where Carol was making cookies S6E13 the last cookie was for Sam, i thought she did not like him but i was wrong.
    Sam was a boy with different talents (a dreamer) and she was seeing something in him which would make her weak (she always said to everybody "you have to be strong").

This is killing her from inside, strong means for me to accept myself and my weakness.

I need to rewatch the episodes with Carol and look after the signs

#101 GermanZombie, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  2. killerhighlife

killerhighlife New Member

that's exactly what i was thinking! she's going to pull an Alexandria with the Hilltop except now she can be a ruthless, conniving woman since that is what her Savior captors were and Negan seemed to appreciate it!

3. killerhighlife

killerhighlife New Member

ok so i'm thinking she left the letter with Tobin obviously knowing it wouldn't be read or shared right away - gives her time to slip out and get far away. she did this for 1 of 2 reasons - 1 being that she KNOWS the group will try to come to her rescue and she wants as many of them as possible to leave ASZ before the Saviors show up again for revenge. 2 is that she left knowing Rick will not leave the safety of the ASZ and choose to defend it thus giving her plenty of time to hunt for some Saviors to either lead her to the Hilltop or take her prisoner to the Hilltop so she can infiltrate the inside! I just don't see this soft side of Carol as some mental breakdown...she's too sly in my book. Everything Carol has ever done has been in the best interest of the group whether they knew it or not. I feel like this is definitely leading up to a "Chameleon Carol" moment as mentioned in previous posts!!

4. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Absolutely no way. If Carol were putting on an act then she wouldn't be doing so many sincere things outside of everyone's presence. Nobody saw her squeeze the rosary cross until her hand bled or particularly noticed her holding the rosary after that. There was no one to act for when she froze up in the last episode and tried to get the Savior woman to run instead of fight. She is very clearly so weary of killing that she'd rather go off and live alone rather than stay in a community that will always attract human enemies. She can kill walkers all day just not people anymore. I have zero doubt that that she is sincere about this. But it really looks to me like her character arc is complete and that she will be the next major character to go.

5. rustybag

rustybag Member

Very true. Her daughter was a gentle sweetie too, her being mean to Sam was probably for her own protection, and also some misguided attempt to toughen him up. She probably feels horrible now. All of that loss, and for what?

The topic of Ed has been coming up too, I wonder if she sees some of his qualities in herself and hates herself for it. That's a hard pill to swallow, when you realize you might have a little of someone whose qualities you hate in yourself. She's probably having a dark night of the soul, knowing that if this is who she has to be to survive, she wants no part of it. You could see it in her face when they were killing the saviors, and when Rick shot that guy. Living in denial about reality like she had to do on some level with Ed is probably not an option for her at this point. Reality is hitting her, and it's hitting her hard. Maybe her story arc is in fact coming to a close?

6. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Is it because morgan & his beliefs have got into her head.

7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree. Everyday Morgan confronted Carol and not only told her that she's a killer, he told her there are other options.

8. rustybag

rustybag Member

^ she probably knows Morgan's way doesn't work in this world, and living with the consequences of having to kill doesn't sit well with her, either. No matter what you do, you are screwed. A horrible death will come to your loved ones, and eventually you, now matter how you approach things. Maybe that's what she took away from Denise's death..here the wolf saved her, and a few days later she's dead anyways. Maybe she's thinking, "what's the point", and she's ready to bow out.

#108 rustybag, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  9. BlackLightning

Sorry guys but I don't think this is a classic Chameleon Carol moment.

I think Carol is in big trouble. Going off alone in the middle of the night at a time like that was exceptionally foolish and selfish. On so many levels. Even if she is up to something, she's way too unstable to be effective. And what can one woman do against an army that she knows next to nothing about.

Either way she's not gonna save the day; Morgan is going to leave on horseback and be the proverbial knight in shining armor. And in the process, he'll have to kill some Saviors and realize that he too was wrong.

Speaking of which: Carol's departure has caused Daryl to panic which will then cause Glenn, Michonne and Rosita (at the very least) to go after him. And Morgan will also probably be leaving either this upcoming episode or the finale.

There are so many people leaving Alexandria, it's actually kinda scary. Especially since the preview shows Rick trying (and failing) to get everyone to stay.

10. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Member

I'm only watching the show out of spite anymore. I haven't enjoyed it since season 4. There is no direction to it anymore and it is just getting worse. Nothing makes sense. Carol had no problem killing a child/countless other people but suddenly she is feeling remorse for it all and carrying a rosary? Lazy writing. This is the last season I am watching until the series finale. I will continue reading the comics.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think the killings by Carol are doing the damage inside her silently and is now reaching a 'critical' mass that is turning her scale.
    The 'pressure' just has been building up and accumulating.
    After the whole Wolves attack saga, you can see Carol being stressed to a point of about taking up smoking again, IIRC.
    Then, this Savior threat comes, which is appearing to be a much bigger one. I think, the number of cigarettes might represent how stressful she is.

She is so stressed out that she cannot think rationally, or else she would not leave in such a fashion, ie subjecting Rick/Daryl..etc to this unnecessary stress while they need to focus without distraction at the Saviour threat.

12. BlackLightning

I stopped reading at "Carol had no problem killing a child..."

What show have you been watching?

13. 1Izwho1iz

1Izwho1iz New Member

I think the writers are giving carol a breakdown to give her a reason to leave. We will see D watching as carol gets taken by saviors. He ditches bike to silently trail them back to their base. Season finale will show D cryin behind bushes watching carol get her head smashed in by negan. I loved bad ass wolf killer carol. Now theyve made her soft she is breaking number one rule. Kill or be killed. Or like governor said. You die, then you kill.

14. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I don't think Carol's soft. She's just extremely conflicted. But after the Saviors smash a certain individuals skull into pieces, I believe she will revert back to the old Carol "Wolf Killer" Peletier that we all know, love, and fear. :p

15. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Member

I said she had no problem killing her and I am correct. She may have felt bad about it but do you think Glenn would have killed Lizzie? Maggie? Hershal? T Dog? Bob? Eugene? Beth? Tyrese?

You know damn well they would not have killer Lizzie. She may be ****ed up in the head, but she could have changed. She grew up in a ****ing zombie apocalypse, you would think that would **** up most kids. I mean, Carl went crazy for a while there. He changed. A young child's mind is constantly changing. If they worked at it, they could have guided her on a different path.

16. BlackLightning

You said "Carol had no problem killing a child." But if you actually watch the show (particularly episodes like The Grove, Strangers, Consumed, Not Tomorrow Yet, Twice as Far, etc.) instead of griping about it, then you'd know that Carol - although she did ultimately pull the trigger - did have a big problem killing a child. It's been haunting her.

The only things that could've ultimately changed Lizzie was Lizzie, God, a good psychiatric staff and maybe some medicine.

Carl did not go crazy. He was just consumed by stuff and not being parented. Hershel said that much and Rick fixed it. Lizzie was capturing and gutting animals before her father even died. Her sister kept telling people that her sister was sick before the prison fell. So, Lizzie had problems that went beyond the zombie apocalypse.

As a matter of fact, at the end, Lizzie still didn't get it. She was upset about yelling at Carol not for killing her sister, not for threatening to kill Judith, not for holding Carol and Tyreese at gunpoint and not for being largely responsible for drawing walkers to the prison.

Again, Lizzie could have changed. I'll give you that.

If they knew what Carol knew, I'd say Maggie, Hershel and maybe Bob would've - at the least - been willing to kill her. And don't let your rose-colored glasses distort your vision of Beth and T-Dog. After all, remember the whole Randall crisis on the farm. They were all fine with killing him. They only wouldn't lift a finger to do it.

17. Arc Flash

Arc Flash New Member

My take is this, she saw herself as a liability. She said she could have killed the guy that helped abduct her and Maggie but didn't. She tried to let the other abductor go instead of kill her. She has been internalizing all the killing she had to do and it is starting to get to her. Add in the Morgan philosophy and she doesn't want to be the ruthless person she has become (as said earlier reminds her too much of Ed). She has been showing signs of this mental decline for a while now and she finally had the break that made her leave so she wouldn't have to kill for anyone else.

18. Puhnesq

Puhnesq Member

I feel like Carol is going to die, but I don't know, it might be Daryl, though I don't want him to. Nothing against Carol but with the recent focus on her I think it might be her time.