Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

CDC and Jenner

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Wildfire' started by Shelleyr89, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Shelleyr89

Shelleyr89 Member

So, yesterday I watched the entire Season 1 to prepare and get a "refresher" for the season 2 finale on Sunday. I keep thinking about the Wildfire episode (S1E5) where Dr. Jenner is introduced. Jenner is talking into the camera about time lines. He begins with "it's been 194 days since Wildfire was declared and (either 163 or 63, I can't tell which) days since the disease went global." That would be 6 months for Wildfire and either 5 months or 2 months for disease going global. Up until this point, hadn't it only be about 5 weeks or so since Rick woke up? I am guessing he was out for 1-2 weeks at the hospital.

2. Rickrolling

Rickrolling Member

Here is what I think happened. A airborne virus hit, people didn't notice, didn't get sick, then someone who had the virus died, they came back alive and started eating people. There are people dying of natural causes every day and if everyone is infected, the number of people dying each day and going to eating people just spreads like crazy. That's how it could spread so far beyond government control, that's how it could get world wide in very little time.

3. Pinkman87

Pinkman87 Member

I read that basically, at the time the world has completely gone to hell, basically meaning there is no infrastructure, government, society in general, etc, that the walkers outnumber humans 5000:1, leaving around 60,000 people still alive (at least in America) Which is fairly plausible. A. People are generally stupid in a crisis. B. No matter how you die (minus head injuries) you end up a walker, and thus likely to kill a handful of regular people yourself. So think about it, if you die in a wreck- walker, if you have a heart attack- walker, infection with no treatment- walker, walker attack- walker, shot (not in head)- walker, stabbed- walker, and so on.

4. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Dammit I hope I never contract "walkeritis"!!!! :Grin:

5. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

What a nut job that guy was. Where's his self preservation mechanizms? Did those nero transmitters get shut off when he was drinking too much or popping pills? Gosh!! That's why I tell people, never trust doctors, not ever!!! They want you to be sick so they can get paid! And if you're not sick they'll find a way! (they no longer sware to "do no harm" look it up)

6. Pinkman87

Pinkman87 Member

Having had my own dark period of suicidal thoughts, I can tell you it isn't really something you can control. When you have no hope, when all seems lost, you wish you could just die. In fact, in his shoes I'd have probably taken that cowardly path too. What was easier? Going out into the land of walkers and roving gangs of violent humans, or just be instantly incinerated? No pain, no feeling, just gone.

7. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Yeah, right... And you would just give up? You have to be a fighter.

Maybe it's easy to stop at one moment after everything and ask yourself "does this kind of life make any sense?" And after that if you have no hope and someone to be with you, you would just commit suicide?

You need to be assertive and have strength to survive no matter what.