Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Change the MW3 perks, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by Legion, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

Question as the title, what would you do if you could change, remove or put different abilities for the perk system in MW3, what would be buffed, nerfed and how?

EDIT, Thought i post my own, these ideas are copy paste almost from a similar idea to the MW3 forum post i had from earlier in the year. Also from my list, proficiencies are incorporated back into the perks

Tier 1 Perks

Scavenger
    Base: Resupply Ammo off of Dead bodies
    Pro: Start with additional ammo, every 3rd resupply gives you 1 lethal and tactical grenade

Extreme Conditioning
    Base: Double Sprinting distance, Mantle objects quicker
    Pro: Increased Sprint Recovery rate, Run faster

Recon
    Base: Tag enemies with bullet damage (appear as they do now in MW3) for 12 seconds
    Pro: Tag enemies with explosives damage, Counter the CUAV and EMP

Blind Eye
    Base: Computer based killstreaks will not attack you, Player controlled ones dont see you highlighted in the red box.
    Pro: Increased Bullet damage to Killstreaks,

Sleight of Hand
    Base: Reload Faster
    Pro: Switch Weapons Faster

Tier 2 Perks

Assassin
    Base: Counter the UAV and the Advanced UAV
    Pro: No red name above your head, counter the motion sensor and the thermal scope

Blast Shield
    Base: Take 65% less damage from explosives
    Pro: Immunity to stun, flash and emp grenades (Reduction of 95%)

Overkill
    Base: Put 2 attachments on your primary, carry a second primary
    Pro: 1 additional primary and secondary grenades, put a 3rd attachment on your primary and put 2 attachments on your secondary weapon.

Hardline
    Base: Killstreaks one less kill
    Pro: Every 2 assists count as a kill, Deathstreaks take one less death

Quickdraw
    Base: Aim down the sight faster
    Pro: Throw grenades faster, increased knife recovery rate

Tier 3 Perks

Steady Aim
    Base: Increased Hipfire accuracy
    Pro: Raise gun faster after sprinting

Marksman
    Base: Identify enemies from farther away by seeing their red name, can see Assassin users names at a close distance
    Pro: Increased breath time, Less idle sway on weapons, Decreased flinch when shot

Dead Silence
    Base: Silence your footsteps
    Pro: Take no fall damage

Sitrep
    Base: See enemy equipment
    Pro: Hear enemy footsteps louder, silence friendly and your own footsteps to yourself

Stalker
    Base: Increased Speed when ADS;s
    Pro: Delays motion triggered explosives

2. King Dave

King Dave Member

Extreme conditioning- unlimited sprint
    Scavenger- replenishes some equipment (except claymores, bouncing betties, C4, portable radar)
    Assasin- immune to UAV pro- immune to counter UAV and no red crosshairs when targeted
    Blast shield pro- like tac mask in BO
    Sit rep pro- reduced background noise, immune to EMP
    Dead silence pro- invisible to motion sensors

3. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

Nerf Assassin. Make it only invisible to UAV. Pro version should be no red name when being aimed at like in MW2. That was the only problem I had with the MW3 perk list/system.

4. Regal

Regal Member

Have Extreme Conditioning do what Marathon did on MW2 and have Extreme Conditioning Pro do something similar to what Marathon Pro did on MW2 i.e climb objects faster or something along those lines.

5. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

Mostly what this guy said.

My main problem is sound whores, i dont like what they have done with SitRep Pro where it counters every perk on the game even dead silence.

6. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I make small changes to just about everything...

Recon - Tactical grenades show enemies on your mini map for 2 seconds.
    Pro - Display the direction the enemy is facing.

Blind Eye - Undetectable by enemy AI air support.
    Pro - Undetectable by Heartbeat Sensors and Thermal.

Sleight of Hand - Reload weapons faster.
    Pro - Deploy equipment faster.

Extreme Conditioning - Sprint for longer periods of time.
    Pro - Sprint recovery time is halved.

Scavenger - Replenish primary ammunition from dead enemies.
    Pro - Replenish tactical grenades and Stinger ammo. Cannot hold more than one replenished grenade and Stinger missile.

Quickdraw - Aim down your sights quicker.
    Pro - Swap weapons faster.

Blast Shield - Reduces explosive damage.
    Pro - Makes you immune to stun and flash grenades.

Hardline - Reduces the number of kills needed for killstreaks by one.
    Pro - Every second assist counts as one kill.

Assassin - Undetectable by UAV.
    Pro - No red name above your head when being aimed at by the enemy.

Overkill - Allows you to carry two primary weapons.
    Pro - You start with one extra lethal and tactical equipment.

Marksman - Shows the enemies name at any distance.
    Pro - Shows all enemies names, even Assassin Pro users, when aiming at them.

Stalker - Move faster when aiming down the sights.
    Pro - Climb over obstacles and up ladders faster.

Sitrep - Enemy equipment and killstreaks can be detected through walls.
    Pro - Makes enemies footsteps louder. Enemies using Dead Silence will sound normal.

Steady Aim - Greater hip-fire accuracy.
    Pro - No scope sway when lying prone.

Dead Silence - Your footsteps are silent.
    Pro - You make no noise when deploying equipment and falling from heights.

I tried to adjust the perks so everything in the game still has a purpose. For example...

Sentry guns can still detect you, but there are enough ways to counter them effectively anyway. Triggered explosives can no longer be delayed, so Sitrep becomes more useful in detecting enemy IMS' and sentry guns.

These changes would make MW3 a more interesting and challenging game in my opinion...

7. xLegit ScopeZxx420

xLegit ScopeZxx420 Well-Known Member

Extreme Conditioning - Unlimited sprint
    Scavenger Pro - Replenish lethals, with the exception of Bouncing Betty and Claymore
    Blast Shield Pro - Flash and Stun effects last for one second
    Assassin - Remove immunity to Heartbeat Sensor and Portable Radar,
    Assassin Pro - I actually like the EMP immunity because I hate how EMP makes the screen look, but I would be fine with removing the CUAV/EMP immunity.
    Overkill Pro - I would like something like 'Allows two weapon proficiencies', but then that sort of forces Shotgun classes into it so they can have both Damage and Range.
    An ability like allowing an extra attachment regardless of proficiency might make it too powerful as well. I don't think anyone wants PP90M1 Rapid Fire with Silencer and Extended Mags.
    Dead Silence Pro - Undetected by Heartbeat Sensors and Portable Radar
    Dead Silence needs a bit of a buff, because no fall damage is a really crappy ability when there are barely any things to fall off of.
    It makes Portable Radar a bit more powerful though, since Dead Silence isn't as common as other third perks.

8. jeszkar

jeszkar Active Member

I like this topic

Extreme Condtitioning: Pro: 3* extra sprint time, halve the sprint recovery.
    Scavenger: Pro: Replenish a few lethatl and tactical (grenade, semtex, flash, stun, emp, smoke)

Blast Shield: Just make as strong as in BO.
    Overkill: You can't carry two primary without this perk. Pro: Your base movement speed will be the avarage of the mobility of the two guns.

9. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

Posted my own, what do you guys think?

10. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

To be honest John, I think you've taken the same route as IW and simply added more and more to each perk (although you have changed some of them around too) and in my opinion, that's the problem with the perks in MW3. They do too much and it's too easy to make yourself immune to everything the game has to offer, except gunfire and projectile/thrown explosives.

I've always thought the perks should be kept simple and only give you one benefit per perk. It would make for a more varied game in my opinion. CoD:BO2 has done just that and kept the perks very basic for the most part, so I'm really looking forward to playing around with the pick 10 system and the perk wildcards...

11. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

Actually i only shuffled the original abilities around for the most part, the abilities i changed were either shuffling around assassin powers (moving CUAV and EMP immunity), buffing (blast shield) or adding abilities for perks that REALLY needed a buff ( Marksman, Overkill, Scavenger) and making underused ones more attractive (Recon), more than half of the perks have not had their abilities changed

Also while your ideas are good you changed way to much i would think. I know
    what your trying for but since so many perks and abilities were shuffled around to know if they were balanced. Steady aim pro i question the usefulness (No scope sway when prone?) ,Recon is near useless with only 2 seconds of seeing the enemy,for reference in MW3 base game the time is 12 seconds by default and 6 if the enemy is using dead silence. Im trying to balance the perks in comparison to each other instead than completely revamping them, Even several BO2 perks have more than one ability, Hardwired, Ghost, Fast hands, Cold blooded, engineer, dexterity all give you several abilities.

That being said, good ideas in there

12. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Right back at you John. You've clearly put some decent thought into your perks list.

I know CoD:BO2 has got some perks with more than one ability and I think they'll be hard to overlook when choosing your perks (Engineer in particular, which does a lot). Only time will tell how well the perks work within the game and if the perks with extra abilities, are far better than those with only one ability.

I really like the fact there are no Pro perks this time around...

13. Thoster

Thoster Well-Known Member

I didnt really have a problem with the perks in MW3 and i thought that they were all pretty well balenced. Maybe only with assassin that they should make another killstreak in assault that allowed you to see assassin like at 6 kills but other that that there is nothing that i would change.

14. goldenblack

goldenblack Member

I would also switch some tiers. Sleight of Hand and Blind Eye would replace two of Overkill/Hardline/Blast Shield.

15. PuffinAllDayy

PuffinAllDayy New Member

Needs stopping power

16. HORSE SIX ZERO

Get rid of the perks period.
    This is why I enjoy MoH and Ghost Recon.
    NO PERKS.
    Everyone reloads at the same speed (depending on the gun they're using, yes, different weapons do have different reload speeds and IRL, as a competitive shooter, I can reload faster than Joe Average).

The one thing I like about SGs in BLOPS 2 is NO ONE is IMMUNE.

The only time you should be immune to a UAV is if you're indoors.
    Today's UAV does possess backscatter technology, but only if the target is very close to the exterior wall.

So if you're on UAV, get inside, outside, you travel at your own risk, and no, unless that UAV is hovering outside your window it can't see you (Snipers take heed).

Oh and if you're going to whine about running at full speed all the time EXC'd fanboys, IRL you tire with whatever weapon you're carrying. C'mon, need some semblence of realism.

Do away with the PERK system and adjust the KS to counter those on the ground.

The reason there are perks is because with the way COD4 was, X3 Grenade or X2 Claymore those were Perks. Something you earned. COD4 was GREAT for PERKs (minus Last Stand and Martydom NOT A PERK)

You had Bandolier, Carry More Ammo, not Scavenger, You had IMPACT, but they replaced that with the "attachment of FMJ" I thought FMJ was a type of ammo, not something you "attach" to your weapon, or do I attach it and when I'm out of ammo, I just put one in the chamber and go all 1812 on your ass?

See, this is where the programmers aren't thinking right.

Look this is how it should be if I was in charge:
    Oh Oh...you'll have read my blog. horsesixzero.blogspot.com....I'll try to get it up today.

17. HORSE SIX ZERO

If I were you, I wouldn't use all of these eye destroying colors on a black background.