Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Children Heard but Aarson Said...

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by M3O, Feb 28, 2015.

1. M3O

M3O Member

A-Aron said that when Judith cries, nothing will hear her through the walls.

Then they pull up to the gate and hear chatter and laughter.

So, is the gate not equal to the walls, or...?

2. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

One could just assume Aaron was just saying that so Rick agrees to go.

Don't know why there have been like 5 topics on this and people are harping on it so badly.

3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Technically, he said that about the houses within the ASZ. Were the kids inside of a house, it would've been a lot harder to hear them.

4. M3O

M3O Member

Saw it on tumblr but couldn't find a post on here

5. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

Saw this on tumblr earlier,

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The whole sound outside the walls thing was discussed multiple times in the episode, so they were definitely trying to put doubt in our minds about whether the sound was a good or bad thing. There was the discussion between Aaron and Rick above and the discussion between Rick and Michonne about how she didn't hear anything outside of Woodbury or Terminus (which ended up being bad, as we know). When they do hear the children playing, it seems to signify a relief in Rick that the community may be a safe place for his own children, but it does also counteract the conversation he had with Aaron so it's hard to say where they are going with this. I think they meant for it to be intentionally misleading so we would all discuss it in length :)

#5 VickGrimes, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  6. Steppin' Razor

It sounded like kids were outside, somewhat close to the outside walls... I'm guessing there are indoor buildings there, and I'm guessing if Judith is in one of those building crying, you probably wouldn't be able to hear it while standing on the other side of the outside walls... That's how I took it anyway, didn't even think of it being deceitful ot anything like that.

7. halokiller99

halokiller99 Member

Michonne and rick were talking and he asked her.........."what did you hear outside woodbury." she said nothing....then he asked her "what about terminus and the prison".....again she said "nothing." So I think the kids were a throw back to that.

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Were the sounds even real?

Rick and Michonne talked about hearing 'nothing' outside Woodbury and Terminus, but outside Alexandria Rick hears children. Was it real, or was it meant to symbolise Rick seeing Alexandria as a place where his children could grow up and live happily?

I know there's probably kids inside Alexandria, but I'm actually inclined to believe he was simply imagining it.