Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Chris fail

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by br0k3n, May 2, 2016.

1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Yet again Chris fails to prevent or even slow down the boarding party. Why was he given a gun? I'm assuming here because someone established watch duty. So they hand this punk who can't take orders a gun and no further instructions as to what he should do while on detail if he sees anything?

Much as I'd like to entirely blame Chris for the hostage crisis that ensues, whoever handed him a gun and put him on watch with evidently no orders or plan, also bears responsibility.

2. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

If Daniel was there, he would've laid waste to the invaders. Would that have been better? Put yourself in Chris's shoes. If a pregnant woman was seemingly looking for help could you shoot her and her companions? It was nothing but convenience for the story to move on, so they didn't have one of the more hardcore characters on watch.

It was a teenage boy still learning in this new world. It wasn't bad writing, or horrible acting. It was believable.

3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Clearly it would have been better, who gives a shit about someone elses child? In a situation of no society and that woman waves a gun in your g eneral direction, she and whatever inside her is a foe. Shot the bitch. And if not her, shot the men in the leg as they start to push their way inside.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

She didn't wave a gun in their direction?
    She pretended to be bleeding in the lady parts to get them on board which was not a bad plan and it worked.
    Even Daniel would have paused a moment when confronted with this bleeding pregnant poser.

It isn't like they are trained in counter guerrilla warfare and are armed to repel boarders,they are scared children and this is the first time anything like this is happening in a world where the living have to fear the other living as well as the dead.

I think what went down was plausible at least.

I can't stand Chris overall but I am not sure I would have just started shooting either?

I would now though!

5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

They already seen shit. They should atleast told em to stay down or make more of a ruckus. EDIT, TO get more people up. Stealing Strands mags ended up being dumb to.

#5 Marc, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  6. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

It was an understandable mistake the guys in the raft had a pretty good ploy and they played it out well. Ideally two of the Abigail crew people should have taken the girl and restrained her and the two guys left on the back deck area and been tied up. However it is setting Chris up pretty well to panic and shoot someone needlessly resulting in more teenage angst and deep brooding.

7. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Agree the pirate ploy was a good ruse, and I see it working against a sheltered teenage boy like Chris. Thus responsibility also lies with whoever put him on night watch with a gun and no instructions.

For example "here's a gun. If anyone approaches our craft, fire a warning shot. If they don't stop, treat as hostile."

8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Chris asked out loud twice...should I shoot them? At least this shows his thought process, he did in fact consider just gunning them down. It was his first thought. After this, I doubt Chris will hesitate in a similar circumstance.

9. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Leaving a whiny dimwit with a gun is a terrible concept. I'll bet Daddy Travis wasn't awake when THAT happened - he freaked over a pickax to the head of zombies, and had also freaked over Daniel's instructions on loading a shotgun.

Even so, the pirates boarding is 100% Strand's fault. HE stopped the boat. HE removed the keys. HE made sure the boat was a sitting target. HE went to bed and was away from the One Obvious Boarding Location - the fantail. No one else did any of these. AND he's the one that sent Nick in for a swim, unbeknownst to anyone else. That's why Strand decided to cut engines (without anchoring?!!), take the keys to ensure the boat was only wallowing or drifting AND would make a perfect target to, as Strand said, "The real danger at sea is other people."

Strand did this. No one else did. And then giving Whiny Boy a gun...

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

So the thing you said about her waving the gun around?

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It is tough to argue with your logic.
    Strand clearly needs sleep and is not thinking clearly and then AGAIN does not look at the others as his team aside from Nick and sets the whole thing up in a way by his actions.
    I wonder if the Radar would have seen the small raft they approached on if indeed someone was manning the con' in Strands absence?

I think I would rather have the Walkers on Guard Duty than Chris?

12. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

The warning shot would have been a good idea. Somebody should have stepped up help Chris and made the two guys stay down on the ramp. Also someone should have gone with Kim so she was not alone with the girl if it was a trick. That is a lot of thinking on their feet, not a strong point for these guys. They have been lucky so far. The other guys did a good job in selling and spreading panic and confusion.

13. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

That wasn't Chris's fault. Even 2 years later and after all the conflict Rick &co would have opened the door for a trio screaming help with a pregnant woman bleeding down her legs, come on they went on a field trip with Jesus after he robbed them , did a jail break and sneaked into their bedroom. The 2 boys would have had no chance getting the drop on Rick & co though.

14. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

With the exception of Salazar, aren't they all kind of whiny dimwits at this point? Lol.

Unless I'm mistaken, The only reason Strand stopped the boat and sent Nick to shore was to pick up Luis, who is apparently necessary to make it into Mexico. Had Strand had his ammo where he left it, I think he would have taken the situation quickly into hand.
    Alicia is to blame for disclosing so much info to random guys on the radio, imo. She even accepted responsibilty for their plight to Madison, she knows she effed up.

15. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

YES. ABSOLUTELY. Madison played one card close to the vest - when Strand said she wasn't a killer, SHE didn't mention clubbing her good friend co-worker, the Asst Principal, to 'death' as her first put-down. But then again, she couldn't kill her neighbor, and that causes all kinds of bad things to spin off then. Madison's shown no reflective ability on HER refusal at that point leading to all other disasters shortly thereafter. They could have been driving off if she had 'put down' the neighbor and left the late-arriving neighbor husband alone with his fate.

I don't know. With the ammo clip in the gun, he might have gunned everyone down, perhaps merrily sacrificing some of the Cast in order to kill the invaders. He could then lay the blame at Alicia solely which, yes, she has accepted guiltily. But in truth, she gave out information many hours (at least 2 days has passed since that radio conversation) and about 150 miles (LA-Catalina Island is 120+ miles north of San Diego. San Diego to San Ysidro (the Mexican border) is another 30 miles.

A hundred and fifty ocean miles is a huge area, and Alicia did not tell them anything about that except the rather obvious "going south" direction. But face it, there's only 3 directions - west to Hawaii, north to the polar ice-cap, or south to temperate climates. What's the most logical on a power boat that needs fuel? "Not Hawaii" therefore. (Too bad. That'd be one of my first choices. But after I'd traded the power boat for a real sailing vessel.)

I'd still argue that the real CHRIS FAIL lies with the idiot who gave him the gun and told him to stand this post without any obvious instructions. Chris received the only good instructions from the pirate "If you hafta ask, it's too late". Chris - that master of idiocy - couldn't even come up with this logic on his own.

One thing - Salazar did NOT give Chris that gun. It had to be Strand.

Strand - the Great Never Sleeping One - should have bundled up and slept on the fantail.

I do like the idea of "leaving walkers on duty more than Chris." They just need to find a katana (Ninja sword), lop off lower jaws and arms and a pair of long rods.

#15 Cbcw76, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

She did wave a gun around, or you missed that part? Shoting her now is justified.

17. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

She didn't wave a gun around when boarding the boat.

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

My point too of course.

19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

No you said earlier that she waved the gun around to board the Abigal,she did not.

She waived her bloody tutu around and they fell for it!

20. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Who is dumber than that stubborn, whiny, selfish biatch Chris? The knuckle dragging mouth breather that gave him a gun.