Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Chris fail

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by br0k3n, May 2, 2016.

1. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

I guess we agree to disagree. Let me explain what I mean by all this. We're both on a different wavelength. That's fine, a debate/argument can be fun.

In the OP the poster complained Chris did not shoot the invaders. What I meant, is that the story wouldn't have progressed in the same direction if someone like Daniel killed them. The story is better for it. Plus, we can't have our group always do the thing that's in their best interest. And one more thing. If this group was killed right away, our gang would look horrible, gunning down a pregnant woman and 2 seemingly nice guys. People would be complaining about that.

In our little debate in a sense we're both right. Daniel and the rest did show up, they did not kill anyone. They fell for the ruse, which is all true. What I said is also true. Daniel and the rest of the crew were not on deck when the invaders first arrived. Chris and Ofelia were the only 2 that saw the boat arrive. The rest came rather quickly with all the chaos and shouting. But they were not on the scene when the boat first arrived, they were in the boat, doing whatever you do inside a huge boat.

However, being relevant or irrelevant, it makes no difference. What happened, happened. The writers chose this particular storyline and made our group hesitant, which cost them. I would have no other way.

Thanks for the debate Neuro. It was fun.

2. Poppy

Poppy Member

Should I shoot them?

Chris hasn't made the transition to being Shane, YET, but he might be there now.

Following Chris' emotional path:
    Chris's outrageous dumping of his mother over the side was eye opening.
    His anger with his dad for killing his mom.
    Later when he made his first mercy killing, he took a first step, to the dark side. BUT... he didn't tell anyone about it.
    He is still a kid looking to have approval for his actions. Afraid of how they may SEE HIM.

I was glad to see that he had crossed over to be willing to kill the living, or at least shoot them, to protect the boat people. It is unfortunate that he needed to get approval before doing so. Well... it did advance the story line.

He was calling for his dad, Travis, and it took forever for Travis to wake up and get out of bed. Are you kidding? They were close enough to shore that Nick could swim to shore. It appears there were multiple boats with search lights, and a helicopter with a search light. Travis was in a DEEP sleep?

Yeah... Chris should have fired a warning shot, and not allowed them to get off the fantail.

He won't make that mistake again.

3. _Luna

_Luna New Member

Lol, Chris isn't the one to blame here. Think about it: Chris is the only one who even thought about shooting them and asking questions later! Obviously, in the end, he didn't... but that's because the adults came and stood around like idiots asking questions. Even Daniel, who had a gun, did absolutely nothing to subdue or warn these people, and even let his guard down which allowed him to be overpowered. Chris didn't end up shooting them, but I wouldn't exactly expect a teenage boy to start firing off shots at a pregnant woman/ three people seeming to be desperate and in need of help.

But, again, at least he THOUGHT about it ...no one else seemed to even think about it for a second.