Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Chris memorial thread

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Date of Death' started by LadyGrimes, Sep 22, 2016.

1. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

"Date of Death" is clearly called that because its the episode all us Chris haters have been waiting for.
    The end of that whiny little punk ass bitch has finally come, so let's all say a few words for him.

For starters allow me to quote Merle. "I hope he went slow."

And Travis.............did us all a great favor now please become a better character and shut Madison's dumb shit down plz.

2. Znuts

Znuts Member

I would not shed one tear if Chris ends up dying this episode. My dislike for his character is well documented on these forums. :hatchet:

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! :zombies_lol:

4. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

10 bucks says he ain't dying...as much I would LOVE him to.

5. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Im with [MENTION=59191]Tae[/MENTION]yon'sBF, they will keep the little shit around to stand on our last nerve.....and for added disappointment. I predict that the SF will HINT that he is dead, as a cliffhanger of course because they are SOOOOO good at those. And we will see him in all his annoying glory, at the start of Season 3.

6. LadyGrimes

Oh god no plz, you were right about the Season 6 cliffhanger, now I'm very afraid :(

7. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I want to be so wrong g/f. But a lot of people hate Chris and because of that, they will keep him around. People will be anticipating and wanting his death. They will want it gruesome. So TPTB will draw that out and tease and taunt us. I pray your right but my money is on him being more irritating and annoying in Season 3.

8. _Luna

_Luna New Member

I will allow the (warranted?) "hate" bestowed upon me for shamelessly admitting that, no, I am not a Chris "hater". In fact, while everyone else was voicing their (again ...warranted?!) disdain for his character, I was -- until a point just a bit before the mid-season finale -- enjoying the development of his character.

Also, while I do think he may see the flowers in one way or another before S2 is over, I don't think this upcoming episode will show us this fate (or any major character's, for that matter).

9. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

To be honest, Chris has exactly the kind of cold-blooded killer mentality that's necessary for survival with Rick Grimes and his people in the original series. Remember when they killed the Saviours in their sleep? Chris would have fit right in. I don't like him much, but he does have a survival instinct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I defended Chris early on, thought he could become interesting, but after he shoved his dead mother overboard during her funeral, stood by while Madison was attacked by walkers, ran off in Mexico and held another man's child hostage, I just want Travis to give him the ass beating he deserves. But no. Travis should have cut the nutsack off the dead Mexican farmer before he buried him so he could finally have a pair to call his own.

If he's around in Season 3, the irritating and annoying thing is a given. If they're going to make him a villain, hurry up, because the whiny, emo, 'they look at me different" schtick is irritating, not interesting. Almost every character except Strand has reached out to Chris or at least treated him no differently than anyone else. I hate when people create unnecessary drama and then criticize others for reacting to it. When you push your mom's dead body overboard during her eulogy, people are going to look at you like wtf.

#10 Camilleyun, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  11. PepperAnn

That last part was very very well said. This is why I call him a sniveling brat. lol
    As I have said many times in many ways....lol.....I really hope they are going somewhere with him. If not......frickin kill him already.

12. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

I've stopped having any sympathy for Chris long before this episode, but tomight? Just off him.
    No better yet just dump his sorry whiny ass in the desert.

13. PepperAnn

Travis is the most gullible dad EVER.

14. Chaos

Chaos Member

On TTD the actor said people are calling him the new Shane and he (paraphrasing) is glad to go along with that analogy. I'm sure that is more desirable than the descriptions most people give his character. Shane was a character we loved to hate. Chris is a character we just hate.

15. LadyGrimes

Oh look at that he's STILL alive!

Maybe next Sundy?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I dunno. I kind of like the fact that Chris is different from pretty much any other character on either series. A true sociopath in the making. Even the Governor had a soft spot for his daughter. Chris, with the mopey eyes and the big chip on his shoulder, really seems to have hit is stride with the wrong people. He'll likely end up suffering the same fate as Joe and the Claimers. It's good to have a main character that's the bad guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yay! So happy my baby Chris is still alive /s

18. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Shane? Really? Shane was a great character. He wishes his character was as good as Shane's.

19. BlackLightning

I think the reason the "new Shane" comparisons are flying around is because they are true.

• Chris has a big heart: we saw that in the first season.
    • Chris has serious anger issues. Especially where the male lead is concerned.
    • Chris is an outsider of the group. He's an outsider partially due to his wacky behavior and bad temper. But let's be honest: Chris IS the bastard stepchild of the group. His mother is dead and his father is deeply involved with another woman and her family. Did I mention that his mother was put down by his father who then proceeded to just walk off into the distance with his new wife? If that isn't a bastard stepchild...
    • Out of everyone in the original group, Chris has adapted to the insanity of the apocalyptic world the fastest.
    • Chris is actually right about a lot of things. He would actually be right at home in the main show as of S6. Granted, he'd be one of the colder, more brutal group members but...he'd be right at home.

*Note: Daniel and Nick do not count. Heroin addiction and a horrific civil war/dangerous journey to America had already put them in a zombie apocalypse mindset.

Once you take out Chris' name and substitute it with Shane, then it should be clear.

20. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

This episode removed ALL doubt (if there was any remaining) that Chris is a 16-year old, irredeemable piece of garbage and pretty much a coward at that. He went along with his two "friends" murdering their third friend for no reason other than they thought it was inconvenient to lug him around. ( I guess they didn't want to have to help tend to him while he healed, having left all of that to Travis and now Travis was moving on.) Cold blooded murder -- not a mercy kill, not keeping someone from turning, not even for a good reason. I don't see Chris growing from punk to villain.

I liked this episode because Travis did everything he could to save Chris. The heartbreak, guilt and despair of not being able to do so weighs heavy on him. Madison tried to talk to him, but I think he blames her as well as himself because, in blaming himself, he's going all the way back to leaving Lisa, having the relationship with Madison, etc. It was very moving.