Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Church bells playing on the loudspeaker

Discussion in 'Episode 201 - What Lies Ahead' started by Jakobi, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I love trying to analyze every little part of this lol. Ok, the church bells that were playing on the loudspeaker...how were they powered? It seemed like the church was in the middle of absolutely nowhere. That was the only building right?

So what is up with random churches in the middle of the forest? If the loudspeakers were powered by batteries...you would think it would have been dead by now. So maybe there were power lines that missed...and a road to the church, but it seemed a little funny.

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

In real life there's a road to the church of course, they just didn't show it on the show. And there would have to be a road even in the world of the show, I guess they just chose not to show it.

As for the power....who knows? Battery powered?

3. inkerchris

inkerchris Member

I am sure there is a road, and being from a small town I have seen churches in more odd places than this. You can trust me on that one, if there is a cheap piece of land a group of people will decide to put a church there, especially in the bible belt, which Atlanta is. As for the loudspeaker, you got me, that is actually quite a good question. It is possible I suppose that to save money the church had the loudspeaker for the bell on a cheap solar power type thing, just enough to power that since it rings so much so it wouldn't constantly be drawing from the power grid. You know, like how some homes have their dryer and other high usage appliances on a solar panel that they put on the roof so they aren't drawing from the grid, to save money. And with a loudspeaker, since it's a small thing, a very small, cheap solar panel would do the trick and it would continue to work for as long as the electronics didn't malfunction or the solar panel didn't break. :) That's the only idea I have to explain that.

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

This church is really just right off a well-travelled road. It's not really in the middle of the woods. You can see how close in this picture here:

[​IMG]

They just shot it in a way that it appeared in the middle of nowhere. The scene when everyone is running towards the church? There are actually houses right behind them.

#4 Bassman, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  5. AVC

AVC Member

Yeah, critical infrastructure like the CDC loses the grid, but a hick town church has power, lol. Good point about the solar, never thought of that

6. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

The power thing didn't bother me at all. What DID bother me was the fact that the group clearly hung around the church for a while and not ONE roamer wandered by to investigate that awfully loud bell sound. WTF!?!?

7. erinbananas

erinbananas Member

I'm rewatching TWD from the very beginning and am currently on this episode. Every time I watch this episode, this is the thing that bugs me. Walkers are drawn by sounds. How aren't there dozens or hundreds of walkers headed for the church?

8. skittlesloli

skittlesloli Member

What I didn't understand is why that area wasn't crawling with walkers (and I"m not talking the two inside the church) Why on earth did they find so few??

9. DeathTheBoi

DeathTheBoi Active Member

It could have been a mistake and the writers didn't think about that, or maybe there were no walkers nearby (which is highly unlikely).