Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Cite Evidence against Randall

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by Zombie Lover, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

So what did we really know about Randall? Did he deserve execution?

1. Shot at Rick
    2. Admitted to being a member of a large group of armed men who raped two girls.
    3. Is a peer of Hershell's daughter.
    4. Tried unsuccessully to escape

2. marsyao

marsyao Member

The conclusion is that we still know very little about Randal and his group?

3. Zombie Lover

D'oh. I should've called the thread "cite evidence about Randall." My bad. Unfortunatley the thread won't allow me to alter the topic header. I agree with your points, really.

So these are the facts that we know. Certainly not enough yet to deserve execution. Anything else we know about Randall?

#3 Zombie Lover, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
  4. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

BUT this is a ZA and therefore, everyone is basically for themselves, families. I just get the idea they were going on their gut with the whole situation and of course with what happened at the bar.

5. Kenster

Kenster Member

When Randall was talking with Shane, Randall seemed "less innocent" to me, and more evil. He WANTED to get back to his group... which rapes women in front of their families. I wouldn't want to stick with such a group. And if I were ever separated from them, I wouldn't want to find them.

#5 Kenster, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  6. Pinkman87

Pinkman87 Member

It's guilt by association. We don't know for sure if his group is bad, but he's stated as such. In such a cutthroat world, one can't afford to take too many chances. Randall owes Rick and his group nothing. Knowing that they have a fairly secure farm, supplies, livestock, cars, weapons, women, etc, what's to stop him from leading his group back. Plus, he already knows where the Greene's farm is, since he grew up in the area. He is a liability. Even if he didn't want to tell his group where the farm was (assuming they find him or he finds them) they'd likely beat it out of him. It's bad enough they're only 5 miles away, certainly close enough to search for the farm.

7. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

That's true and great points.

• He can't really be blamed for firing shots at people who killed two of his own, Rick and his group would have done the same.
    • Him being part of a large group where he reported some (not reporting all) did some bad things when out on their scouting is really guilt by association.
    • Knowing Hershels daughter (which is weird since she seems to not know him at all or mind of he dies) doesn't make him hell spawn.
    • I'd probably try to escape too, if I was tortured and treated with nothing but hostility from the group.
    There was, however, a couple of things he said that I did feel was rather creepy.

1. When Carl was gawking at him, him telling him, how he will take him, his mom and dad to his group. Then again he may have felt that this is what he needed to say to get the kid to help him.
    2. When in the woods with Shane, he was chuckling about how Shane would get along with the rough men in his group. It didn't seem like at that point, he really was all that horrified by their bad deeds they do when they are out scouting. Of course there is room for misinterpretation on my behalf though.

8. Howard33

Howard33 Member

The only evidence I needed was tha feelin' in my guts, and in the middle of a ZA that's enough!

9. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

A lot of the good points is so ironic because Rick's group would definitely do the same. Rick's group has done bad things especially Shane being in it. But when Shane told Randall he wanted to join Randall's group (which is a lie), I actually thought it was a kind of place for him anyway. He doesn't belong with Rick. He would belong with a bunch of tough crazy men. And Randall knowning Maggie must have been some sort of lie. He must have been eavesdropping.

10. Desert Zombie

Desert Zombie New Member

The way Randall was like "BUT I didn't do anything, it was them other guys!" about raping the guy's daughters I never believed him. He seemed like a weasel/chameleon/opportunist who will say whatever it takes to get on your good side. I know it is outside the realm of what the characters on the show would know but Greg Nicotero stated that is how Randall would react and how he was a part of the rapes. (I am paraphasing him from the "Talking Dead).

11. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

He's not the bad guy. If he shot it was in self defense. Admitted that some people in his group where out of control but that he ha no part in it. A peer of the daughter, or in otherwords basically a lil innocent school boy. Tried to escape phycho Rick and all these killers that Rick created and as a leader has no control over, I would too, Rick is phycho. With rick in power they'll be raping and pilliaging in no time flat! I'd say the kid is 100% innocent and should have been let go, but he should have tried harder to escape. I mean he's being held prisoner by a bunch of rag tag morons that gave him dozens of chances to get out of there.

12. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

had the group treating him better from day one, I think he would have fit in and been fine...no chance to think much about him now...neither a threat or a new member of the group...

13. Pinkman87

Pinkman87 Member

I'm still trying to figure out why they saved him in the first place. He shot at them, he got stuck on a fence, his group bailed, and walkers are popping out like car salesmen on memorial day, and they save him? Screw the little freak I say, so not worth it.

14. JohnD

JohnD Member

OK well Randall's companions pulled their guns first in the bar... when you'd think everyone would be happy to come across other living people.

Randall owes Rick his life. He could have left him impaled on the fence to be gobbled, or just shot him there.

It is deliberate that there's a lot of ambiguity here... perhaps the answers will come in S3?

15. Zed

Zed Member

Gotta agree with you there. There was the part when he was talking about the group and how they raped the man's daughters....I'm sure there was a flicker of enjoyment at the memory before his denial it was anything to do with him that came across. That sealed his fate as far as what I wanted to happen to the character.

16. Zombie Lover

I find this interesting. I just do not see the facts strong enough to justify executing randall . But there is some interesting facts about Randal's group to be learned from his actions. I wonder how much they would've learned had they buttered Randal up instead of trussing him like a turkey and torturing him.

Randall's group has guns.
    Randall's group drove off and left him and the other man to die.
    Randall's group is large, and I believe he says at some point that there are regular people (I take that to mean not bloodthirsty killers) there.
    Randall's group is nearby.
    Randall's group is mostly men. (did I get that right, that they hadn't seen women for some time).
    Randall's troup is looking for a farm, or place to hole up.
    Randall's group is responsible for the rape and murder of others.

17. Zombie Lover

That is true. These points about Randall's group are incriminating.

18. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

They pretty much made it clear he was bad

-pratically getting off on beating that female zombie
    -encouraging Rick to leave Shane behind (that pretty much gave it all away right there)

19. Pinkman87

Pinkman87 Member

Basically, all of this comes down to your personal view on a THEORETICAL and IMPLAUSIBLE situation in the first place. First, you'd need the world to go to hell. Second, the people that are left would have to be violent. Third, you'd have to take into account what your group wants to do about someone like Randall. For me, security is the main factor, so I say kill him. I'm sure other people are happy to just let him walk off the farm. Different strokes, and different choices of which we have no idea what the consequences are. All I know is dead Randall (shot in the head, obviously) not a liability. Why? His group assumes the walkers got him so they don't even know he's alive. Whereas alive, he could easily lead them back to the farm.

20. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

"Wow an eternal optimist."