Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Clear???

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by dogfighter, Mar 3, 2013.

1. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

I was guessing what this meant as well, but you summed out the thoughts I came to on this. Even more when it kept talking about how it had to be him, he had to be the one etc. Pretty deep stuff going on, well played.

2. wolffe

wolffe Member

Morgan is a scientologist and now devotes his life to being OT Clear so when Lord Xenu returns he and Xenu can have an ultimate good vs evil battle to save earth.

3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I don't think he was doing CPR. It was just showing him standing over the gurney ready to put the dead walker on the burn pile Rick and the other 2 had seen earlier.

4. Bhante

Bhante Member

So sad about Morgan. It all came down to the end of his talk with Rick and Rick said you can come with us........I was so hoping Morgan would say yes, instead he doubled-down on crazy. AMF Morgan, we hardly knew ye.

5. Mberto

Mberto Member

I think it has a double meaning the first is Morgan and his feeling the need to clear the area of zombies he says that to attone for not killing one (his wife) and it coming back to cause his sons death that he needed to kill as many as he could

i also think it relates to Rick and how he is thinkin clear again and he's snapped back to reality and what he needs to do

6. DCGC5

DCGC5 Member

Clear was a great episode and theme. The whole episode symbolized Rick talking with himself. I believe to Morgan clear means he needs to kill anything and everything he comes in contact with. He wants clear the entire world of walkers and human being because he feels that in his process he'll find some sort of calm or peace at not being able to kill his walker wife.

For Rick it was an awakening. He realized he was traveling down a road that would've ultimately led to him being like Morgan. Rick cares for Morgan and wants him to be safe. Seeing how he acted hurt rick and really opened his eyes to how he's been hurting the group. Everything Rick told Morgan he was basically telling himself.

"You're looking at things the wrong way"
    "You have to come back from this"

Ricks eyes are open now and he's going to be back to his old self. You could even see it in his face when Carl said Michonne was one of them now. Also the way he opened up to Michonne when she mentioned that she used to talk to her boy friend all the time. It was small to us but for Rick I think it was huge to be able to tell someone in a joking way "You drive because I see things."

7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was wrong about that.

The gurney, all of Morgan's rambling about getting "clear," and his posture in front of the gurney, made me think he was doing CPR.

8. Moreno Schipper

I think it's clearing out segments of his life; clearing the guilt; getting the caught zombies and burning them

9. sutmig

sutmig Member

It doesn't have anything to do with guilt. One of his writings says "NO GUILT." He tells Carl to never apologize. I made mention of this in another thread. There were others he was familiar with. No way of telling if he was grouped with them, but he was acquainted enough for them to receive mention of his wall. "Zack Turned" "Eugene Turned." Also a "firefight on Aberdeen" and mention of a knife wound twice, and an arrow wound. Rick's house was taken before it was burned out. I would gather that Morgan is the one who burned it out.

When Morgan actually uses the word, it is just before he stabs Rick, and is "You don't CLEAR man! You turn! You just die! I don't know anyone anymore! You don't clear!" I think in Morgan's reality no one clears muster anymore, so they must be killed or told to turn around and leave.

10. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I agree. "Clear" meant so many things.
    For Morgan it's redeeming or clearing his guilt for not killing his undead wife and so causing his son's death. And his way of doing this is to clear out/kill all the walkers.
    For Rick it meant getting a clear look at his own craziness, maybe clearing all his troubles from his mind after seeing how bad off Morgan was. Also, he needed to clear things between he and his son and reconnect. And at the end he needed to get his priorities and plans clear. The prison really is home. His old home is gone.
    For Michonne, I think it means to clear away her doubt and open up to Rick and become part of the group. She needed to make her choice clear, that she no longer puts herself first or worries about Andrea, but is now part of team prison.

11. RGHendo

RGHendo Member

the map on the wall did have clear on so that's what I was thinking, he says how the weak will inherit the earth so he has made a start on clearing it out.

12. sutmig

sutmig Member

Morgan's second spoken reference to "Clear" is when telling Rick why he lived. "I have to clear, that's why I didn't die today. That's the sign. I have to, man. I have to. I have to clear." So it's used once as an adjective and once as a verb. Kinda cryptic...

Then looking back at all the writings of "IBBEN" on the walls. It seems that purging is what Morgan perceives to be his calling. I see it like this. Morgan references the meak inheriting the earth. Tie that in with Morgan asking Rick to kill him, as suicide is not an option. Suffering and suicide prevention are good in his reality. He feels that he is meant to suffer, and clear the earth of its scourge.

13. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

What does IBBEN stand for?

14. sutmig

sutmig Member

It's apparently from a story in "The Art of Persian Letters." A character is told "Suffering is good, as is suicide prevention."

The strange thing about is one of the writings on the wall says "IBBEN lived." Just one of the many have it in that context. Every other name on the walls is followed by "turned." I am thinking Morgan sees himself as IBBEN, and believes he lived to suffer.

15. Buck

Buck Member

Clear maybe meaning not being left in a walker state? Clearing being killed all the way through, as in through the head? Just a guess.

16. Claymore

Claymore Member

You can thank Scott Gimple, the future showrunner, for this episode.

17. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Good point there. I wonder if there was some other specific message on the wall that we didn't caught. Morgan has been pretty much strange, but I understand him in some way. Mentioning IBBEN and what you said about believing he lived to suffer is probably the truth. He IS suffering.

18. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Thank you for the reply. I had to look it up to fully understand what or rather who IBBEN relates to. I really like your theory because I did see IBBEN written in several places.

19. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Is this TWD or LOST?

20. 4nomads

4nomads Member

I thought clear was a way to say safe or dealt with. Like Police might do checking a building. Check a room, no one is there and announce it as "clear".
    So to be clear in Morgans mind you need to be safe and not a concern. A walker must be killed, a human must prove to not be a threat.
    Morgan seems to be in a mental state where he is obsessive. He has to record everything, make maps, mark buildings. Before his mind can move on he must declare things "clear"
    It's like checking off a list.
    He can't leave the zombies on the stakes, they are not finished clearing. They must be burned.