Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Clear???

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by dogfighter, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

It's TWD of course.

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Excellent, I was a bit worried about the changes going on with production. But if Clear is a taste of what Gimple is capable of then Season 4 is in good hands.

3. luv it all

luv it all Active Member

Thanks for explaining IBBEN. This and what you said earlier about it was very helpful as I had never heard of IBBEN. TWD is educational, who knew ;-)

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

taking back the earth one walker at a time. I wish the man luck.

5. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

"Clear" had so many meanings in the episode.

Another thing that was "clear" was michonne's position within the group. They weren't sure if she could be part of their group and it was clear at the end that she can be.

#45 Dark Meat, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  6. last man walking

last man walking New Member

I think "clear" is a term Morgan put on the wall which means to me, getting rid of any Walkers caught in his traps. But I also think Rick had a little reality check fighting and talking with Morgan. I think Morgan will show up again when you least expect it, like Daryl did.

7. sutmig

sutmig Member

Yeah it was an interesting read. I linked the references somewhere. After reading, and re-reading I am still a bit un"Clear." The really interesting thing about the IBBEN writings. The first time it appears in real promonence, it is right above Morgan's head. That was not by mistake or happenstance. Thoroughly convinced it is whom he sees himself as...

8. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

Maybe what Morgan means by "Clear" is that he needs to put down his turned son Duane then everything will be clear. Like his mind and etc. That he can finally move on

9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Duane "turned" the moment his mother bit him, so I believe Morgan killed him along with Jenny.

Morgan's working out his guilt, that's why he refused to go back with Rick.

10. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

When Morgan was telling Rick the situation he did state that he put down Jenny. But he never really said that he put Duane down as well. He has that town set up with traps for walkers and humans. When i saw that written on the wall that "Duane Turned" my first thoughts was that yeah he turned into a walker. But then i thought when he was explaining to Rick what happened he said "So i called to him and he turned and then she was just.. just on him". Morgan could have written "Duane Turned" as guilt. That he made his son "turn" around having Jenny "on him".

11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

From Morgan's description, it sounds like Duane's death was bloody and fast. Why would Morgan kill Jenny, but leave Duane's body behind knowing he would turn with minutes to hours?

Morgan's wracked with guilt. Had he killed Jenny earlier, Duane would be alive. That's what Morgan's trying to "clear," not finding Duane so he can put him down.

12. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

Put yourself in Morgan`s shoes. It`s not like he decided to put down Jenny. He was forced to. I cannot see Morgan walking up to his son Duane and put a bullet through his head even after being attacked by Jenny. It does not fit his personality to do something like that. If he was too attached to Jenny that he couldnt put her down. He is for sure too attached to put Duane down.

13. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Compulsion to "clear" is a manifestation of anxiety and guilt. Inability to kill Jenny in ep. 01 is a mistake Morgan cannot forgive himself for making because it was complicit in causing Duane's death. Constant negative evaluation of the past triggers the need to comfort anxiousness, the only way to neutralize his demons is wipe out all walkers that intrude upon King's County. Obsessive compulsive disorder.

14. Agogo

Agogo New Member

Nice thread.

I concluded from a lot of warnings and booby traps that Morgan doesn't wanna cooperate with anybody.
    Especially deadly one in his house means strong murderous intent.
    Because any walkers can't intrude into that stairs, I think that he prepared the axe-trap for a human.

He saw the ends of Janny, Duane, Abby, Eugene, Zack.
    Because they all turned, and only he survives, he began to think that everybody turns after all excepting himself.
    Then if he makes his company, it means that he will feel deep sorrow in the near future.
    As a result, he would decide to "clear".

I think that "clear" means expelling all humankind and walkers from his side.

15. last man walking

last man walking New Member

If I'm not mistaken Morgan said he see's red everywhere which would make you think Duane was bitten but in a way I think he is still alive.

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

He saw red when he snapped and finally killed his wife. He's definitely dead.

17. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

It's impossible that he's still alive (on the wall it reads "DUANE TURNED"). Just what legend said, Morgan saw red when he killed his wife.

18. zombie love

zombie love New Member

I watched Talking Dead and they explained that it meant he was trying to clear the world of all zombies

19. suzkpa

suzkpa New Member

Ibben lives

I believe 'Ibben lives' means that Ibben did not succumb to depression and suicidal tendencies, but rather chose life over suicide. I think Morgan took his stance from Ibben, in that life was unbearably angst ridden, yet was still life, a precious gift that shouldn't be taken lightly. It may have given Morgan infinite comfort, as miniscule as it might have been, to understand he wasn't alone in his decision not to end his own suffering.