Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

BO3 Multiplayer Clearing Things Up/Input Appreciated.

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 3' started by MysticBeast, Aug 6, 2016.

1. MysticBeast

MysticBeast New Member

Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I hope I do not disturb or annoy anyone with any stupid questions but I am a bo3 player seeking to just get better in general however there are still some problems I am continuing to have.

I will do my best to be as specific as possible as to what I'm doing in order to increase my kill ratio, attempt to die less, versus what is still happening despite these preventative measures I've taken to resist dying 37 times in one game. Please take the time to read this and give me your input.

Thank You For Your Time - MysticBeast

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, this is what I know.

I know for beginners the middle of any map is No-Mans-Land. You will be shot and killed if you have no idea what your doing in the middle of the map. So learning to flank your enemies is crucial in any Black Ops Game.

Another thing I know to do before going into any public lobby is to go into a custom game and set up bots, set the timer for 10 to 15 minuets, turn off aim assist and just practice shooting targets prior to starting your public matches for the day via Domination or Team Death Match. This helps your accuracy.

I also am well aware that aiming down sights before your enemy is critical in any Call Of Duty game as the person who has their gun up first will likely be the person to win more gun fights. So aiming in the direction of where you predict your enemy will be before he or she is there is vary important.

Lastly, flipping the R1 and R2 buttons on a ps3 or ps4 controller is important as Call Of Duty games ultimately boil down to trigger time. How long it takes you to pull the trigger. So you swap your grenade throws R1 and L1 and replace it with Aim and Shoot. This will shorten your reaction time significantly helping you win more gun fights.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what is still happening to me.

I am getting reverse flanked like crazy, 9 times outta 10 the person who kills me is the person I'm not looking at.
    How can I decrease the amount of times I get flank killed while still being able to deal flank kills?

I have a tendency to lay like 3 or 4 bullets into an enemy gun fight, enemy shoots me once, I die....

I know I'm doing something wrong but I am failing to understand if I am pulling the trigger first, and I am making bullet contact, what are they doing to win the fight despite the odds of me shooting them in the face?

This sounds like I'm just ranting however most gun fights I lose, I've laid bullets into them before dying.

.....I feel like if I get honest input from these questions, my playstyle will improve, please and thank you everyone.

2. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Letting you know I hate this game. Keep that in mind lol. I also only do standard TDM. Monthly stats be 400+ SPM and 3-4+ KD.

Flanking is not the same in this game, keep in mind. The spawns are horrible and are made to flip constantly to prevent trapping. A 10-30 second route run could end up being pointless, happens all the time. Your entire team is one side and of course start spawning on the side you took the time to run to. It's only practical on certain maps. The middle, or properly, the edge of it, as well as spots overlooking the middle are the places to be. That said, you'll have to do constant 360 scans and have a not-shitty team so you don't get constantly in the back (BO3 in a nutshell).

Don't know your connection situation. It varies. You, the host, the other players, the game itself. I constantly deal with the same shit you do, needing a whole mag to kill some guys, yet they drop you instantly. Or having absolutely no time to shoot some guys (even with Fast Hands, a sub, and they're using an assault rifle). Ping could read from upper 10s to low 30s (that means the host is in the same city/state usually) and a three-barring clown is ahead of you.

To elevate your game, you need to play in a swift, controlled style. Try practicing with submachine guns only and run around trying to get as many kills as you can. No stopping. Run Fast Hands on every class. Try it in bot matches for a bit. It's to speed up your reaction time. When you go back to pubs, slow down a bit and constantly check behind you.

There's nothing to change gameplay in this game without running in a good party unfortunately. The spawns and the stupid jumping will always be putting guys at every side, so you'll have to approach forks like a guy could be coming from either side unfortunately. Even crutch perks like Sixth Sense can be dumped on in a flash because a guy can slide behind you instantly.

Constantly be aware of your teammates positions. That's number one in this game. While a integral tool in previous games, it's absolutely a must in this game to lower the amount of flank kills.