Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Cocky Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I read it as Rick's c*ck...oops.

2. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Interesting... and now that I've read this I will officially be losing sleep over whether Glenn dies. :zombies_lol:

3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

In the comics, how many men does Negan have? 100? 200?

4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Instead of declaring war on an unknown quantity in exchange for food. Perhaps they should have spent the last few weeks hunting game. There must be some around. Driving down to my sisters to watch TWD yesterday there were 3 deer in the road and coming back after there was one along the road. Last week there were literally thousands of Canadian geese in a field along the road. I dont know exactly where Ricks crew is supposed to be but I think there is only one state between them and where I live. Also I dont know why they arent growing much more . Even before Ricks crew arrived they had scroungers going on runs. I dont think seeds would have been high priority item in early ZA. And by the time anyone thought about growing crops there wouldnt have been many survivors left to take them all.
    That aside, they might have wanted to check out Negans camp before committing to a deal. Negans crew that Darryl zapped was fairly well armed. Darryl took them out thru luck and because Negans crew was overconfident.

5. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

I've come to terms with it. Seeing his unborn baby clinched it for me. At least he saw him/her.
    I'm so sad today.

6. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Yeah maybe Rick can defeat Neegan but not without a few deaths. On both sides. That's not something I'd like to be cocky about.

7. sheryden

sheryden Member

I think they're all a bit cocky right now. Maybe not Michonne but the others, certainly. Abe and Daryl bragging about how easy it was to take out the Saviors. Rick being all "Confrontation isn't something we've had a problem with." And Maggie's convo with Gregory. "How did you handle them?" "They're dead."

I like how they're spreading "the blame" for ASZ getting involved with Negan around and not having it all fall on one person's shoulders. Of course, it's not like they have a choice. Negan would have found them eventually anyway.

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think this season been trying way to hard to be similar to the rather silly comics. Darly will die, im 100% sure now that he takes Glenns place. Killing Glenn is canon to the comic but Killing Daryl who is not even in the comic is even more cannon. He will be punished. Rick will be hearing "Suck my C***" from Negan and we get one full season of this nonsense next winter. With Negan waving his bat around and being obnoxious before he gets "defeated". Then of course...if it goes anything like the comics, another season of a snore feat of over the top Zombie Apoc Joker.

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

More like thousands. With how they portray it. Takes about 3 communities to defeat him and then he lost a ton on the road there to. And we never get an explanation why anyone even follow the psycho or why he hasn't been to war with other communities like the cannibals or Governor. There got to be more gangs out there who is as dangerous as them and close to Negan. But Negan got plot armour and is untouchable.

10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Negan has many go to bat for him.

11. Blueman

Just checked wiki. The saviours are numbered around 70's before the war with Rick.

12. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Do they even have anymore Bazooka's left? Darryl already used 2 of them. How many did Abe get originally? Was it ever shown?

13. Blueman

IIRC, there are 3 inside the box when Abe found it, plus a 4th one already loaded on the launcher on the impaled soldier's back.
    So, they should have 2 more rockets.

14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It makes sense that Rick and the group would be overconfident. They've survived the Governor, cannibals, walker herds and countless challenges. Also Daryl easily annihilated some of the Saviors. So they're thinking that Negan is not only down a significant number of men, but his people aren't too formidable.

15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

T

That can't be right. A gun each to the Alexandrians, bring some Hilltop. Negan dead.

16. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

actually it is Negan who does not know who he is missing with

Rick is making a mistake by overestimating his group's victory, but Negan definitely underestimates Rick and will end up paying for it

#36 CSFurious, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  17. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I think in this case Rick's "cockiness" results from desperation at the ASZ, leading to wartime bravado. "Right now I could take on the whole Empire."

18. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

That whole scenario strikes me as kind of corny and out of character. Rick has always been the cautious type, sometimes to an almost excessive extreme. However, that caution is the reason that they're all still around and together. They'd all be dead otherwise. Now he's leading them into this group to wipe them out, while knowing next to nothing about who the people are or what they're capable of. It's an incredibly bold and impulsive move, and I find it hard to believe that he would have taken it without hesitation like he did. Yes, they need food and Hilltop has plenty of it. But he's passed by food and water before because of a possible threat, such as last season when they left the water in the road that Aaron had left for them. Granted that's a very different situation, but still similar in a sense.

19. EvieE

EvieE Member

I'm sure Rick will take it seriously if there are casualties lost, but one thing that people forget is that Rick Grimes is a savage. He'll always come out on top.

20. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

the termite season