Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Color changes

Discussion in 'Episode 403 - Good Out Here' started by Tigger, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Jag mentioned, in another thread, the color changes in this episode. In What's Your Story, on first watch, I suppressed the urge to beat on my TV set as if it had a tin foil wrapped set of rabbit ears on top. Second watch.....I'm noticing most of the "past scenes " are something less than monochrome. Does devoid of color make sense? During "happening now" scenes there were more vivid colors but only with certain props or scenery or specific physical trait or wardrobe.
    This color trick wasn't obvious to me in the second episode. Tonight, though.....the color thing is intriguing me to the point of distraction. I have an idea of a possible theory that is just barely an inkling. I've already mentioned tin foil and it is a full moon rising and the writers fake me out of my socks consistently. Was hoping y'all might weigh in with some thoughts.

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

The weirdly saturated portion reminded me of old color photographs that haven't aged well. The black and white was dreary.

I hate their back-and-forth-in-time form of storytelling. The color changes do nothing to make it more palatable for me.

I have no idea how the back-and-forth narrative style was supposed to add anything to the story. Maybe someone will explain the value of it here in the forum. I don't feel inclined to make the effort to untangle the mess. I prefer to wallow in being pissed off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. barbell43

barbell43 Member

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that the color saturation in the "now" scenes seemed to increase as last night's episode progressed? I could have very well imagined it.

#3 barbell43, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Whew. Thought I was going to have to buy a new TV. Couldn't figure out why the color was so faded in some scenes.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, I didn't notice it nearly as much in the second episode. It was there but it wasn't as predominant as it was in this last episode. This one is was painfully obvious they were in a flashback.

Maybe it's because the last episode has titles telling us when we were watching, where as this one it was just color saturation changes. So they amped it up a little to really cement when was when

• Like Like x 1