Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Comic Book Men is Lame

Discussion in 'Comic Book Men' started by GreekSalads, Feb 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. zombiedad1983

zombiedad1983 Member

I turned the channel and then came back to see the previews for the next epidsodes. Its the only way to keep the awful shows from stealing ratings. Just like hell on wheels.

2. Cromulence

Cromulence Member

Are all of you here massive dullards with ill-informed opinions, or just those posting in this topic. The massive level of misinformation is just amazing.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

....Kevin Smith fan? :zombies_lol:

4. Scairry

Scairry Member

Well, my boyfriend is a superhero comic book fanatic, AND loves Kevin Smith... So, needless to say, he loves that show. For me, well, I don't know much about comic book talk... and I've been holding a grudge against Kevin Smith ever since he said some rude crap about Tim Burton (I love Tim Burton & his productions). I have very very minimal respect for Kevin. But some parts of Comic Book Men are comedic... Like the chick who brought in a Chucky doll that she bought at Spencer's gifts. lol. Oh, that was a riot. But anyways... That's that. But the show hasn't been on in a while, so I was wondering if the season had ended or if the show was cancelled. I know my boyfriend would be disappointed, but it would be no skin off my back really. Only shows I really enjoy on TV as a whole are The Walking Dead & Ancient Aliens... and my little skeleton in the closet, Ghost Adventures.

5. Outdoorsguy

Outdoorsguy Member

pssst use a smaller font for the last one, we can still read it and make fun of you LOL just kidding.

6. Scairry

Scairry Member

Hahahaha, touche salesman.
    You saw nothing. [​IMG]

7. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Maybe because it's the fact I own a comic shop, but I found the show amusing. I can see where it would turn some folks off, though.

8. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

It was ok. I watched it a few times when I still had AMC. Now that Dish dropped the channel, however, I don't watch it at all. The show wasn't good enough for me to get it off the net like I do BREAKING BAD and TWD.

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm the kind of guy to give everything a chance. I like the majority of Kevin Smith films. That being said.....

The AMC executives are f*cking morons to keep this show on the air. They've done good to move it to a very late hour but that doesn't change a thing. Kill it. Kill it up the arse with a rusty spoon..

This thing deserves to die in the worst of ways.

#29 Bassman, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  10. Chreees

Chreees Member

It's okay. I watched it a couple times. Wouldn't bother me of it were cancelled. I love Kevin Smith's films though, like Clerks and Dogma. Cult classics.

11. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I didn't like it.... I'm not a fan of Kevin Smith

12. Zom-dog

Zom-dog Member

Not a fan of this show at all!

13. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I think the only reason this show is still on air is because people keep it on after The Walking Dead to see the second promo. I actually forgo seeing the second scene so I won't give that piece of shit show another viewer. I can't wait until it's canceled so I don't have to see Kevin Smith commercials anymore...

14. DaltonioSpidey

DaltonioSpidey Well-Known Member

I love Comic Book Men! I am a huge fan of Kevin Smith and I think this show is hilarious. I'm disappointed that it was shortened from an hour to thirty minutes, though. :zombies_nosmile:

15. Writer

Writer Member

I don't necessarily love it, but I don't hate it, either. I'm a fan of shows like this. I like Pawn Stars. However, with this, I'll usually leave it on for background noise. Occasionally someone will bring in something that will catch my interest. I'll watch that, and then I'll go back to whatever I was doing.

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't even know what it's about, yet to see an episode of it..

I've heard so many bad things about it i'm not sure if i want to bother with it..

I thought the same about the movie that's my boy though, i eventually saw it and thought it was funny..

17. Writer

Writer Member

Between the talk about comic books and other "nerd" things, people bring in comic items, try to sell them, and barter for a better price. Also, they have guests, sometimes. Like the last episode, they had Stan Lee in it.

Strangely, the last episode featured a 1st edition of the 1st issue of the Talking Dead. Normally, in Mint, it would have went for 700, but I think the cashier offered $300 for it and the owner took it.

#37 Writer, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  18. mondaymonkey9

mondaymonkey9 Member

^ yea I saw that too. Some times it's funny. If you really like comic books and superheros this is definitely a good show to watch.

19. Chreees

Chreees Member

My wife and I enjoy watching it when it's on. But we don't go out of our way to catch it.

20. OfficerFrendly

I love comic book men im just such a big comic nerd i like hearing them banter about superheros and i also enjoy looking for certain comics in the background