Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Comic Lori Vs. TV Lori?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Characters' started by shoot-to-kill, Dec 19, 2012.

1. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

It seems to me like the comic Lori is a bit better than the show Lori. Maybe I just feel this way because I don't have to listen to her whine?

2. AnsonElias

AnsonElias Member

I think it also helps that she's pregnant over such a long span (it feels like) in the comics so everyone is able to write it off more as her being hormonal and she seems to admit that she's wrong more in the comics.

not having to hear it also probably helps. haha.

3. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Comic Lori always struck me as a good person and a devoted wife and mother who had a single moment of weakness under impossible circumstances.

I think Rick and Lori's marital problems were a TV creation if I'm not mistaken.

4. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

The only one I have seen was TV Lori, so I like the comic Lori better.

5. apiratesaysarrr

Comic Lori was a MUCH better mother. Hands down. I don't think anyone could argue that. It wasn't always "Where's Carl?" Eh. I liked her a LOT better.

Not to say I didn't cry like a baby when show Lori died, because I did. I even watched it three times to make sure I was upset with it. I WAS.

6. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

They were both useless hookers..

7. Morgan Freeman

I found them both a tad bit... bitchy.

Pardon My French.

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I disliked them each in different ways. I think show Lori was more conniving with her mind games. Comic Lori drove me nuts because they kept showing her with a scowl on her face asking Rick "where are you GOING?" "what are you DOING?" She didn't support him at all. And when she asked someone (maybe Carol...) "Am i FAT?" while she was pregnant. I loved when he told her to shut the hell up.

9. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Even though I disliked both, I find TV Lori more likeable when compared to the comic Lori. Comic Lori was horrible and probably would have been the worst main female on the book if it wasn't for Carol. Also I've kinda felt bad when she died on TV show (at least her death had some impact on both Carl and Rick and even on the group). But her comic death ... I don't know ... I felt bad for Judith but not for her. And she was just gone and forgotten for me. So if we are to compare them I'd choose TV Lori.

10. Sasha

Sasha Member

Everyone hates tv lori because it's fashionable. Tv lori was WAY better than comic lori, tv lori wasn't very good either, but she was definitely better than her comic counterpart. Tv lori at least had some balls, whereas comic lori was useless. If you recall some of the tv lori moments, she was kinda the female leader.

11. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I liked TV Lori.
    I hated her in the Comics.

12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I liked TV Lori right up until the last episode of S2, where I didn't like her, then I started to like her again in S3, then she died.

I don't like her even a little bit in the comics.

13. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I prefer Lori in the show. She's not one of my favorites in either, but I hated her in the comic. The show did some good things with her.

14. Cheria

Cheria Well-Known Member

I liked TV Lori a lot better than her comic counterpart. At least in the TV she can fight as well as the others, even when she's pregnant, and she can control her emotions much better than her comic counterpart. Basically, she's a lot better character in the show than in the comic.

15. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Truth to that. Maggie was more annoying than Lori during Lori's pregnancy.

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I didn't really dislike TV Lori, although I thought both Lori's were annoying most of the time..

Yeah I felt more for Judith in the comic (And Carl)

Episode 9 of the show is the next issue of the comic after Carl & Rick escape the prison..

17. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

The worst thing about the comic Lori was that she always kept going back and forth between point A and point B. One time you see her being very supportive for Rick and she acts like she has the best husband and then Rick makes a call that she doesn't like and she just flips out and treats him like a horrible person. While reading the GN, I always excepted her to pick a damn side but she always kept going back and forth and she became annoying in the end.

TV Lori wasn't that bad, I still didn't like her but at least she wasn't like the Comic Lori. She caused too much drama but she at least had her opinions straight. What messed her character up was the whole Shane thing.

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly, it was ok for her not to like some of Rick's judgment calls or plans, she should have just been out with exactly how she felt instead of swaying between supportive wife and scared mother..

I think Carol had post traumatic stress disorder..

19. lepetitpote

lepetitpote Member

Comic Lori was slightly more bearable for me. And her death impacted me more than on TV, even though her death on the show made me feel upset.

20. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I know I'm alone with this but I like tv Lori better, tv Lori was more flawed but somehow I found comic book Lori unbearable, remember when she was mad at Rick at the prison because he wanted to kill Thomas? and Rick literally told her to shut the **** up, that's what I'm talking about , tv Lori agreeded with Rick when he said he had to kill the prisoners, she seemed a little more supportive except when he killed Shane, that's when she ruined it, but then in the first episodes of season 3 it seems that she realized she was wrong, and she became a little more likeable, Sarah Wayne Callies was good for the part.

#20 shanewalking, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013