Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Complaint about their weapons?

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Walk with Me' started by Morgotha, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Why is everyone complaining about the .gov keeping Michonne's and Andrea's weapons, and saying that his doing so is somehow "suspicious"?

I mean, seriously: If YOU were the leader of a small, barricaded community and you took in two total strangers you found relatively *near your community*, would you arm them to the teeth within your walls before knowing exactly how they were going to behave?

People here seem to support Michonne 100% for not trusting the governor, why OTOH do they you think the governor should trust Michonne? Shouldn't she have to prove herself before being given weapons?

WHY should the governor let them go or arm them without them first proving they aren't going to run out to some other group and lead an ambush back? In the show this would be doubly true as Merle KNOWS these two were associated with a group, and the governor KNOWS that that goup left Merle to die handcuffed to some rebar on a rooftop.

2. marsyao

marsyao Member

The reason is very simple: People do not like the Governor, so that whatever he does is wrong

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes I would do the same if Michonne rocked up into my safe community with samurai swords..

And if I was Michonne I'd be suspicious of any situation where I didn't already know the leaders of the community..

4. marsyao

marsyao Member

Both Michonne and the Governor's suspicious are of course valid, and put yourselves in the Governors perspective, there are two armed women come to my community, I do not know they are alone or they are scouts of a larger and potential hostile group, before I know better of them, of course I will not allow them to have their weapons and would have someone keeping an eye to them

5. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

What Bird Flu said. The Governor is doing what makes sense in his position. However, so is Michonne in not feeling comfortable. She has been carrying that Samurai sword around since ZDay.

I don't really think anybody is complaining about the Gov taking their weapons to be honest.

6. Bob Oppenheimer

They were brought to Woodbury at gunpoint. They didn't really have a choice about giving up thier weapons.

Its the apocalypse, they should be suspicious of everyone always.

7. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

-_____________-

8. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Exactly right. Pretty damned annoying, but that's always the case on the 1nt3rn3tz. Everybody's a saint, just one o' them things we have to deal with.

9. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

People need to understand that Michonne and Andrea were not even killed, just taken in as guests. The Governor secretly killed the helicopter pilot (so I'm wondering what is up with him and the army) and Michonne and Andrea seem to be treated well with a nice breakfast in the morning.

The way Rick's group treated Randall, sure he was from a group that had a few men that shot at Rick but they didn't know what Dave and Tony was doing so they did what's best and thought Rick was the threat. You got to look from the other perspective that people aren't really bad. Or at least they don't think they are bad. The Governor is doing the good thing to keep his group safe, but he so happens to have really nasty secrets and shady tactics to get what he wants.

10. Morgotha

Yeah, that's pretty much it, I guess.

11. Benzel

Benzel Member

The holding of the weapons does make complete sense, I guess what arouses suspicion most is that he has the sword on display in his house.

12. Morgotha

On that I agree 100%. Given Michonne's lack-of-social-skills demands for her weapons back, it seemed out of character for her to see it but not call the governor on it at the time. It ALSO showed he didn't really have any intention of letting them go, IMO. Michonne could and should have pointed that out to a smitten andrea once they were alone.

After seeing that sword they both should have internally been on Red Alert, but before it? Taking their weapons was probably what every walled off town would do, unless they were being over-run by zombies at the time and needed every single person there fighting.

13. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

i've been thinking about that scene a bit too ...

The Gov is playing nice, and holding a tea party... But the guests can see their weapons that are locked up... sort of the Governor lording those over them, with out having to say anything...

I would have for sure brought up the issue of him keeping my weapons, i would have pressed the issue a bit. it should have been a fairly easy negociation.

"we want our weapons back" michonne

gov "well you are safe here, and we don't know you yet, i want to keep my city safe from you"

michonne "well you have a guard on us with a gun, so just give me back my sword so that i can feel safe from zombies, if your armed guard sees me draw my sword with no walkers around, he can shoot me before i can do any harm"

... wtf could the governer really say to that? esp if Michonne just wanted the sword in her bed room.

boot yarr...

14. marsyao

marsyao Member

That will not work, because:
    1) You are well trained in the sword, what if my guard has his guard down, and you chop his head off?
    2) How do I know you are not from a large group who will attack from outside, when we got distracted, then you and your friend attack me from inside if we allow you have your weapons

15. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

The reason i would say that is
    It will force the gov to reveal his intentions (or his fears) . in all of the various responses we get a better glimpse of his intent...

Yes it is a more risky move... but at that point i would want to know if i was actually a prisoner or not...

course it might be better to not know his intent and live an other day .... But i would have tried talking to him about it... gauge how pissed he is getting and play it from there...

Ya i'd probably end up in the fish tank :zombies_nosmile: eeeks

16. marsyao

marsyao Member

The governor's intent is very clear, you can not have your weapon before you leave or you gain our trust, this is crystal clea since the first minute. Michonne actually has a better treatment, in the comic, when she arrives the prison, not only her weapon is taken away, she is locked in a prison cell at night.

17. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Damn locked in a cell at night ? that's pretty harsh ...

Okay we seriously need to start having 2 hour episodes... need to see more... is it sunday yet?