Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Complaints about 30 Days Without an Accident

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by Sparky, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Sparky

Sparky Member

premiere event than start the season with just this one episode. I didn't dislike this episode and liked the Big Lots scenes... but it was uneventful storywise and did not pack a punch... especially compared to the previous three season openers.

I would have rather waited an extra week to premier the first two episodes back to back (or simply produced it as a two hour episode) assuming that next week's episode is when the storyline kicks into gear and something shocking happens.

#1 Sparky, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Did you watch the same previous season openers that I did? Because they seemed to concentrate on character development for the most part. Most of the series premiere was just Rick walking around alone discovering the new world. And S2 premiere was a lot of driving and talking and contemplating. I liked this episode.

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Next week Patrick walker happens.

4. Sparky

Sparky Member

Series premiere was just that.. the set up

2nd season opener: They're trapped on a highway with a herd. The eventful: Sophia is chased off by walkers and is missing. The Punch: Carl gets shot.

3rd season opener: They're on the run. They can't stay for more than minutes in an abandoned house. The eventful: The group discover the prison. The Punch: Hershal gets bit.

4th season: What was eventful? Where was the punch?

5. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

Eventful: Big Spot! scene.
    Punch: New Threat is possibly a disease epidemic. All of our beloved characters are now in even more danger.

6. Recca

Recca Member

I would have liked a 2 hour block as well. It just seemed like everything was so peaceful until Patrick at the end. Awesome episode but I would have liked just a bit more.

Question: is the black guy supposed to be Bob Stookey?

7. Neuropyramidal

yes, he is definitely Bob. They changed him a little bit. :p

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The logo for Big Spot is 'Big Sp!t'

I'm naming that shop big spit now on..

9. Neuropyramidal

lol, I thought that too. I'm trying to think of the real store that they are trying to spoof. Big Lots maybe? Do they have those down south?>

10. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Eventhough I thought this wasn't a premierlike episode I have to agree with you. In half an hour you knew from everybody where they stand and how they developed. It wasn't boring because I love every single scene, but I wish the episode duration was longer.

11. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I thought it was better then Season 2 and 3's premiers. It's kinda unfair to compare it to the pilot because not only was it an hour and a half long but it had the advantage of setting the world up, the characters. It automatically is going to win in the story-department.

12. Chaos

Chaos Member

"uneventful storywise"

There were all sorts of stories in it that were set up to be expounded on for through the season. In any event, waiting an extra week a two hour episode would just mean your next shot at liking an episode wouldn't be to next week in either event. I'm not sure why you would add the part about waiting a week then.

13. gagnewest

gagnewest New Member

Anyone else not appreciate supermarket scene?

As soon as I saw that water (or gas) dripping from the ceiling I had a hunch at how those zombies on the rooftop were going to get at the group and I kind of groaned a little. The whole scene was just too improbable for me and there were too many dots I was left to try to connect myself in order to attempt to accept what I was seeing. How did all those walkers get on the roof in the first place? Why did the walkers begin falling through the ceiling as soon as the survivors entered the building when in theory it had been holding up for likely months in its current state? I realize a liquor shelf collapsed but it had no bearing on the structure of the roof. Why were the zombies falling through individually at various points all over the supermarket? A localized collapse would have been more believable.

Now don't get me wrong the scene was entertaining but a little over the top. To me it felt a little more like something out of a B-budget horror film than The Walking Dead. It was good for a few cheap laughs but overall seemed like too much of a stretch and not very well thought out in terms of believability. There was some pretty grainy CGI effects when the helicopter came through the roof as well that added to the B budget feel. As the premieres main action sequence it was pretty poor. Just my 3 cents, wondering how everyone else felt.​

14. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Anyone else not appreciate supermarket scene?

I liked the scene, if I'm going to ask myself to many questions every scene the whole serie doesn't makes sense anymore.
    I liked the action and the way some walkers fall and crushed their whole head. And together with the fact I didn't saw Zacks death coming so soon I think it was an awesome scene.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matt Sokol

Matt Sokol New Member

I agree with OP completely. Sure a lot of things have been pretty far fetched but this was so forced it was painful to even watch it. The ceiling had NO support what so ever and it took a freaking helicopter crash and did not collaspe!! I mean what??? Then it sits there for months if not years and the zombies live without any food and sitting in direct sunlight. Please do not tell me those zombies would have been fine like that, their brains would have dried out by then...

16. Kagerous

Kagerous Member

I mean...isn't the whole notion of "zombies" pretty unbelievable in itself? lol

Personally I loved that scene. I don't think we should over analyze it.

17. Kagerous

Kagerous Member

True

18. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

My theory is that when the shelf collapsed, the walkers obviously heard it and they went towards the sound, making the roof more unstable as they stacked on top of the roof. The roof seemed kind of unstable from the beginning.

19. Tweety15

Tweety15 New Member

I agree with the OP. I mean there have been other scenes before that seemed unlikely, but never has one bothered me so much. I could see it happening if one fell through, then they all fell through the same hole. The thing that bothered me as that they all started falling through different holes. Why would every soft spot on a roof give out in a 5 minute period after months of "walkers" walking on it.
    I get why they did it. It was all about showing what happened when walkers fell a distance, some of the splats, were excitingly disgusting. But I just saw too many holes in that scene and it ruined it for me. I am usually not very critical of the show.

20. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

You're watching a Zombie Show where women can have their diseased-blood ridden Hands on a bullet wound and not get an infection. Don't bitch about unrealistic Scenes.

• Like Like x 1