Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Complaints about 30 Days Without an Accident

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by Sparky, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I whole heartily with this comment - wish I could like it more. Don't get lots of the negatives on this one, I think it was obvious that we weren't in for a crazy full on action intense drama type episode. It had to set up lots of stuff and catch us up on things. Season 4 is shaping up to be the best, all the seasons are tied for me at the moment.

2. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

I totally agree with brother!

3. Remon_uk

Remon_uk Member

Couldn't believe how rubbish the episode was!!!!

:zombies_mad: Iv been waiting a long time to see this episode and that's what we get! What was the whole story of that random women in the woods? Pointless story, I thought she was a cannible, thought wrong! I found the whole episode to be slow and the action seems didn't look interesting at all. The guy with blood from his eye shows there was a virus outbreak, he could have come from the source of the outbreak hence why he was different to all the rest. Didn't get the pig story at all, it could have starved from hunger. And the ending with the nerd turning, wouldn't anyone go see what's up with him coughing so much, " oh let's just go to sleep he is ok" silly people talking about letting there guard down . Hope the second episode isn't as boring.

4. DreamWalker

DreamWalker Member

Not pointless at all. They wanted to show, that there are other people out there who couldnt find a save place to stay. You can see how destroyed the woman in the woods was, because she lost everything she had.
    Also she remembered me of Rick when he lost Lori. He was desperated and hadnt had any meaning of live left (except his two kids). And I think Rick was so sad when she died, because she remember him of himself.
    So that scene was indeed very deep!

Edit: I personally liked this Episode. Was at some point very emotional and this showed the quality of the series :).

#204 DreamWalker, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  5. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

:zombies_lol::zombies_lol::zombies_lol::zombies_lol::zombies_lol::zombies_lol:

6. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

This Episode was about Setting up plotlines for future episodes. The Walkers eyes were symptoms of the disease that killed Patrickand Violet. If you can't handle a slower Episode about furthering the Story and opening new plots and subplots you'll never be able to watch any Shows like Breaking Bad.

Look at Frank Darabont's series Pilot; was it nonstop Action? No, it had Rick killing 3 before he reached the City. Do People whine about that? Nope. It's solely because the previous showrunner was action-oriented and spent all the season's Budget on that Action until the Money ran out and the Show had to find a way to Keep the episodes going without so much killing and gunfire.

7. The_Not_So_Dead

Personnaly, I liked the episode. More focused on the people.

I like it how the writers can tell/show us in short the dynamics of the people/world in the months that went by. (Don't know if this makes sense.)

8. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Not sure why it was boring. What do people actually want from this show? I do not understand? "Series 2 is boring", "Series 3 was boring", "Episode 4x1 was boring"? Attention spans seem so low these days.

My mum (64 yrs old may I add) even concluded "if she is this bad, what is that saying about the rest of the people who never found shelter? It must be bad out there now". If she can read such an implication I don't know why so many fresh young minds can not pick up on it and just view her apperance as pointless. Also the "can you come back from the things you've done" is going to be a big theme of S4. What she said to Rick will play apart of this series.

It is the same as when Carol practiced the C-sec, then people cried its pointless because she never did do it for Lori in the end. People seem to want really streamlined shows where only the absolute important things which join 100% together occur with Daryl at the helm shooting walkers with crossbows for 90% of the ep.

The fact you thought she may be a cannibal was good...and therefore she was not pointless, as it opened your mind up to the idea of people really may be that desperate in the world. In fact she could serve to be a precursor of cannibalism later in the series.

#208 Benrai2k, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  9. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I get it, and agree. Even though months have passed, the premire for both season 3 and 4 does a great job of establishing where everyone is at to where it feels natural and not forced.

10. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

So basically people have been moaning about things coming out of the ground for 3 seasons, but yet now they moan because they fall from the roof? :zombies_lol:

11. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I know, it seems every season there is a select group of people who always say it's boring. Lots of great things came from the first episode storyline and charachter wise, and because only one action scene was present, the word boring comes up.

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

This episode was .....

[​IMG]

Basically, :zombies_censored: yes.. :Grin:

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I made a thread called Trashe Basket, designed specifically for this kind of garb-....I mean....this wonderful example of constructive input....but someone prematurely closed the thread. :p

14. Remon_uk

Remon_uk Member

The first episode without a doubt was the best one from start to finish, it had plenty of location and plenty of zombies. These passed few seasons have been boring just for te fact that the story they try to build up turn out to be nothing. For example, they built the story about he Govenor great acting and many episodes into it, what happened at the end ? Nothing. I feel that's what's gonna Happen with this episode, you'll get a build up of this virus thing, that's if it is a virus and then waste 12 episodes explaining it then what's the final conclusion? They leave prison. I'm just hoping that's not the case otherwise they will lose a lot of viewers.

Btw iv seen breaking bad started of good and it was steady through the middle then it had a brilliant ending. It was filmed in different locations to make the viewer interested. This one they wasted one season looking for a girl another season on the Govenor and another season now on the dam prison.

15. maya15

maya15 Member

And yet you are still watching...

16. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

It's not smart enough to know it doesn't have a stomach any more....

No, he already has the zombie infection. They all do.

No. There isn't enough kinetic energy in a bullet to make a body recoil in any noticeable distance. Bodies going flying when hit is a Hollywood exaggeration.

Since the actor can't see out of his covered eye I'd write it off as an optical illusion.

I thought she was dismantling the chair, not breaking the handcuffs. I'll have to watch carefully the next time I watch that scene.

17. Corey

Corey New Member

So this episode was what I think to show what Rick and the group are able to do without the distraction of other groups trying to kill them and or take what is there. I agree it wasnt as action packed as some of the others but just as crucial to the show.