Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Complete Series Box Set

Discussion in 'Breaking Bad' started by Bassman, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

No concrete details as of yet, but AMC has made the full series Breaking Bad box set available for preorder. As of now it's listed as three hundred bucks, which is about what I figured.

We DO know from last night's Talking Bad that the set will contain a feature length documentary covering the entire run of the show. I'm a sucker for documentaries, so that has me excited. We can also most likely expect a great collector's box.

Seeing as they've already announced a preorder, we can expect more details soon. I'm assuming the release will be sometime between the Summer and Holidays of 2014.

http://www.breakingbadstore.com/details/28811512

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

$300??!!

*faints*

And they wonder why people pirate things....

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, it's a bit steep but will likely be well worth the money, imo. If you consider each season is around 40-50 bucks new by themselves, it makes sense that a set of all five seasons plus new special features disc(s) and collector's packaging would be around that much.

4. apiratesaysarrr

That price really does make sense. I've been purchasing the DVD's as they come out, so I certainly won't be shelling out the cash for the collectors edition, though I'd really love to have it. It's just cheaper making yearly payments. . . ha ha.

5. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

Amazon is selling the blu-ray version for $225. I'll pay anything to hear Vince Gilligan break down the whole series for an hour or more.

6. King Mabel

King Mabel Member

I might consider it if they get rid of it on Netflix. I'd definitely wait, though.

I know there's another season of BB, but I got the whole series of The Wire for almost half that.

No documentary there though, just standard commentaries and the like.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Packing and features: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/this-breaking-bad-collectors-edition-set-is-a-must-have-yo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

God dammit. Now I think I need it.

*shakes fist*

9. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

I can finally say I have Vince Gilligan's autograph.

10. MrNonsensical

MrNonsensical Well-Known Member

*looks at torrents*

*looks at the box set, especially the price*
    Meh. Maybe one day.

11. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

If you missed out on the first set or just didn't want to have the inconvenience of the barrel not fitting in with your existing blu ray sets on the shelf, a new normal-packaging complete series set will be released tomorrow. About $160 for Blu Ray and $100 for DVD. It has all the special features of the previous release, including the amazing 2.5 hour documentary "No Half Measures", just not the box extras like the Los Polos Hermanos apron or Barrel.

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Bad-...&qid=1401730261&sr=8-13&keywords=breaking bad

12. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Season 5 was ridiculous, they should've cut that price in half for each part.

13. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

You can thank AMC for that. That's all their greedy bullshit. Gilligan doesn't even like how they released it as two separate sets when he considers it all season five.

14. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I buy box sets of shows I like but I hate paying such high prices. I have almost zero interest in most of the special features so I'm always paying for content I'll never watch.

15. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah they can be steep, especially at first. But at least this new box set is considerably cheaper than the last. 130 isn't too bad for the entire series as opposed to the 300 for the last set. And it'll only drop in the months to come.

16. slyd00d

slyd00d Active Member

Thank you, I've been wondering this since I got into BB, I'm literally halfway through the series, 31/62 episodes watched, love it.

17. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Ooooo....another fan in the making! :Grin:

You've got lots of good stuff coming up! Hope you keep enjoying it, but I have no doubts you will. Be sure to come back and give us your thoughts on the series. I always love a good BB discussion.

18. slyd00d

slyd00d Active Member

Oh I know I got good stuff coming up considering the next two episodes are called 'Half Measures' and 'Full Measure' to end the third season. It's a brilliant show all around, that Saul is quite the character! turns the show into a comedy whenever he shows his funny ass.."That guy with the eyebrows that won't quit" had me rolling.

These are probably my favorite quotes thus far:

"I once convinced a women I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it." - Saul Goodman, Breaking Bad.

"I truly believe there exists some combination of words, there must exist certain words in a certain..specific order that would explain all of this, but with her, I-I, I just can't ever seem to find them." - Walter White, Breaking Bad.

"I have never been more alone...I have nothing! no one! alright, it's all gone! get it!? no! no no why, why would you get it! what do you even care?" Jesse Pinkman, Breaking Bad.

19. slyd00d

slyd00d Active Member

I've heard a lot about how the final 8 episodes of the series are like the greatest episodes on TV ever so I'm planning to buy them but my dilemma is whether I should also buy the first half of S5, any suggestions?

20. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Definitely get all the seasons. This is one show where every episode counts. If you miss episodes, it could be very detrimental to the experience and arc of the entire series.

The whole show is on instant netflix if you don't want to purchase it.