Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Confirmed: Daryl is Gay

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Indifference' started by RIPRV, Nov 4, 2013.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Reedus isn't playing him as gay, he's playing him as a virgin.

And you have to look at his background. Horrible redneck family, mother dies when he's a kid, father is physically abusive, abandoned by his brother and left at the mercy of his father, etc. He's not very socialized with men, let alone women. And I don't think he sees himself as a good looking guy.

2. DarylsZen

DarylsZen New Member

That's the impression that I always had and still kinda get, of course it's hard telling as he has never shown any interest in any guys either.

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[h=1]Why Does Everyone Assume Daryl is Straight?[/h] By Ian McClellan on October 22, 2013

[​IMG]
    Every fan of The Walking Dead I speak to seems a little preoccupied with the love life of the show’s most beloved character, Daryl Dixon. They all want to know when he is going to finally get together with the match for him that seems to have been made in heaven, Carol Peletier. If not Carol, then who? Michonne? One of the new people? I’ve even heard Beth’s name thrown out there, even though she’s like fourteen. Recently, I began to wonder why, despite all the available options, he’s still spending his nights all by himself in that cold, lonely cell. It occurred to me that the issue of his sexuality hasn’t been breached at all. For all we really know, the guy may be a eunuch.
    Now, I seriously doubt the producers of the show would go the eunuch route with that character. They could, however, make him more of a Bo or Luke fan, as opposed to Daisy. You may find the idea to be ridiculous. I did when it first popped into my head. If you think about a few things, though, it kind of makes sense.
    There is, and has been, a plethora of hot, available women on the show that he’s shown no interest in. Andrea, Amy, Michonne, Carol, Maggie (before she got together with Glenn), and I guess you can say Beth, too, if you’re some kind of sicko and really want to go there. Carol, despite having “the short hair,” has thrown some strong vibes his way and gotten nowhere with her effort. Does anyone really believe that two years or so into the apocalypse a young, good-looking guy has not tried to score once? He’s made zero moves on any of the other characters on the show.
    You may be thinking that by my logic, he should have hit on a few dudes if he’s gay. There are a few reasons why that wouldn’t be the natural course of events. First, while there have been many available women since episode one, there haven’t been that many men who weren’t spoken for. Shane was with Lori, then Rick was with Lori, and Dale was pretty old (different strokes for different folks if that’s what you’re into, but I think it’s safe to rule that pairing out). There was some obvious animosity between Daryl and T-dog for a while after Merle was left on the roof in Atlanta, which would rule him out. Then we have Glenn, who was single until Maggie came along. I can’t offer a lot of explanation on why Daryl would not have tried to hook up with Glenn. Maybe he’s just not into Asian dudes, or maybe he was just afraid of being outed, which would bring me to my second point. Sadly, gay people aren’t free to just express their feelings and attractions toward other people the way the rest of us are. Technically, there’s nothing stopping them. It’s not against the law (anymore, in most states) to be gay, but it’s also not against the law to be a homophobe (unfortunately). If Daryl is gay, he may be afraid of someone finding out. It probably wouldn’t be an issue now, but early on there would have been a fear of being ostracized or worse.
    Statistics on what percentage of the population is comprised of homosexuals have begun to vary. Some still use the old one-in-ten standard, while others suggest the number is much lower. Even at one percent it would still be somewhere in the neighborhood of three and a half million Americans. Yet, in the post-apocalyptic world of The Walking Dead there are no openly gay characters. Not one gay person survived? Maybe one did and we just don’t know it yet.

4. Tepig003

Tepig003 Member

Why am I reading this? Please! Someone explain!

5. Porfivor Nixon

Daryl does seem to compliment Rick a lot. Maybe he should take Bob's booze, give it to Rick and see if there's an opening there. Ha. But it's true, he doesn't seem to have shown interest in any guys either- but then again there are none there he could hit on. But there have been plenty of girls he could hit on. Cute girls, too. But if Daryl was gay, Merle would have been calling him the "f" word the times he was angry at him. He's not exactly the type that would hold back on that.

6. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Dont be a jerk and come here and post retarded threads like this. U are right about one thing, u are a loser.

7. Zombie Mouse

Zombie Mouse Member

I have long thought that Daryl might be gay (but very repressed about it). I don't think it's something he ever could have admitted while Merle was alive, he might not even have fully admitted it to himself.

His lack of interest in the surviving females he's been in contact with, could be down to his past as an abused child, and he was more of a loner at first. So, who knows? Unless the writers decide to open up that side of Daryl, he might as well be a eunuch! :zombies_lol:

8. lurkers&roamers

There's no harm in this thread. If you don't like it, just leave. No reason to be an asshat about it.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

maybe the only friends he had as a kid were sheep and now he's confused??

10. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Daryl is obviously Ricksexual.

11. Porfivor Nixon

The odd thing with Daryl is like when Michonne playfully said it "went with his eyes"- a straight guy would flirt back just a little, but Daryl just ignores she even said it- he doesn't even acknowledge it, he seems to do the same with Carol. He changes the subject or keeps on talking with what he was saying. I mean, I guess he could think he is so devastating a stud that he doesn't dare even give them a little hope of being with him- but I don't know, it's just odd. I would think he got hit on a lot, I mean, he's sexy, goodlooking, youthful and most importantly- he is someone who would protect you if something happens. It's like you'd get your own security guard- he's even a better catch than Rick because he's not "nuts" half the time. He should be drawing females like moths to a flame.

12. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

Woah! Calm down man! This is all in good fun. Nobody told you to come in here...

13. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

14. Outdoorsguy

Outdoorsguy Member

Maybe he just refuses to get attached to any one. so he doesnt encourage them. Or even worse he might be social inept.. considering his family history thats probably a large part of it LOL

15. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Daryl lingers a tad too long in the Big Spot hand lotion aisle...[​IMG]

16. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Blade

Blade Member

^:zombies_lol:

Maybe he got bitten on his junk by a walker and had to cut it off! That explains everything!

18. Porfivor Nixon

That's what they should have next! ***** zombies! The two balls could be used as legs and they could scurry along the floors.

19. Blade

Blade Member

^ :Grin:
    But you gotta make sure you cut the head off far enough down or it'll just become a circumcised ***** zombie!

20. MDixon fan

MDixon fan Member

Ok so you're gay, I get it. *Rick mod* It's not on you Tony, It's not on you, you're my brother...

Many people in this board assume that a guy like Daryl can't possibly live with "hot girls" like Andrea, Maggie, Michonne etc. without trying anything. But these hot girls are no s**ts, to speak curdely, they are more than a "good pair of t*ts" and a man like Daryl may find it intimidating because he's trying very hard not to get hurt emotionally.