Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Confusion

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - The Code' started by Dnae, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

If I could use a gif in the title of this thread I would have gone with.....
    [​IMG]
    Because I adore Felicity!

But back to the reason for this thread.....
    I am confused.

1. We know that season 4 takes place in Texas
    2. A hurricane just passed through so we can pretty much bet that by Texas they mean along the Gulf Coast area (because you really cannot say "in Texas" without specifying an area of Texas, it is a pretty damn big state)
    3. In one of the video previews Morgan lands at a truck stop in what he believes to be Mississippi because he fell asleep in the back of a semi and unwittingly hitched a ride

This is where the head scratching comes into play

Lets just say that in the whole of Texas they actually mean somewhere around the Houston area. I choose this simply for the sake of choosing an area that is somewhat near the Texas Louisiana border, prone to hurricanes and is fairly recognizable to people on the forum.

So, Houston. Morgan needs a nap so he hops in the back of a semi and falls asleep and he winds up in MS - lets just go with Gulfport MS - a small beach town that sits along the LA-MS border.

From Houston TX to Gulfport MS is 402 miles, a 5 to 6 hour drive dependent on speed, traffic and hordes of walkers ;). I find it hard to believe that someone who has had to learn to sleep with one eye open and has no doubt re-trained his sense of hearing to pick up on the slightest change in his surroundings that he would not have awakened from his semi slumber LONG before he ever made it out of Texas. I can only buy into this "ended up in MS" if it plays out that someone knocked him unconscious and put him in the back of the semi.

And while he may have had an easy ride TO Mississippi what about the trek back to Texas, because I assume that is what he chooses to do. He goes back, god only knows why, to Texas. Does he walk the entire way? does he find a ride and share program? Does that damn helicopter appear out of nowhere and drop him off?

Ugh, I hope that come Sunday evening I am satisfied with the how's instead of in my current state of disbelief, confusion and eye rolling.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I hear you! Now when you point it out, it is a bit weird. I think people forget how big some places are!

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I mean, Morgan walked from like DC to Texas in the space of a 15 second montage, so teleporting is nothing new to him.

Man, that guy really is a ninja.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Because I listen to so many audio texts from you.....I read all your posts in your voice with all your speaking habits every time now. Especially this one. Lol <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

well if you are doing that then make sure you throw in a few F bombs, cuz you know that is my go to word when I am feeling exasperated, indignant, angry, surprised, etc etc

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. carolsubmissive

carolsubmissive Active Member

Morgan can do what he wants lol he has plot armour so thick that he's basically immortal. He'll easily run 400 miles in 1 episode

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. carolsubmissive

carolsubmissive Active Member

With the loss of Rick, Maggie, Madison and Nick. He is so integral to the franchise that he could literally take a giant steaming shit on the floor, pick it up and smash a zombies head in with it and get praised on The Talking Dead for his creativity.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Years later, Morgans descendants will use the term shitheads instead of walkers and all will wonder how that name originated.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I really hope this isn't a case of Morgan traveling to another state, then trying to find his way back to Texas. It better be a case of Morgan radioing Al and the group then travels from Texas to him.

It feels like it will be the former, and another case of "what were the writers thinking". They keep putting characters in these situations that are easily resolved only to come up with the most idiotic solution. Like, I don't know......Alicia and Nick driving a few more feet to the stadium gate before they are surrounded by slow moving walkers...or Madison locking herself inside a stadium that she could have easily climbed the chain link fence to escape to higher ground. Now we might have Morgan traveling to another state, East of where he was, closer to home, only to maybe turn around and make his way West again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Another winner of an episode! I keep reminding myself over and over that this is after all, a fictional show about zombies - zombies for crying out loud - I get it. But my gosh......
    (As noted above); Falling asleep in a semi trailer (that *just* happened to have a lantern hanging on the wall) and not waking up during a 400+mi trip??? And I was screaming "What is he doing?!" when Morgan came to the tree across the road - Just completely abandoned a perfectly good-running car and the trunk full of supplies (I know he could have packed some in his backpack, but)..... And set off walking.....walking back to wherever he was headed. Supplies and a running vehicle with gas in it aren't exactly growing on trees in this world. Push the tree with the car; drive around; turn around and find another route.........

So much stupidity in this episode. I thought it worlds better than last week, but dang this show seems to feel so much different than in seasons past - and not for the better.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Maybe the motion of the truck might not have wakened Morgan if his sleeping brain thought he was being battered by the storm, but surely the engine noise would have roused him.

Yeah, I expected him to move the tree in the road. Deserting the car was the plot thing that bothered me the most.

12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The tree was so small too, "Damnit cannot move it!"

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'll add to the questioning and I hope @Neuropyramidal can chip in. So someone was dropping boxes on the highway at miles ending in 4. Wendell and Sarah steal his truck and leave him with a box of goods. That's all good.

I guess they followed the guy's map to the Mississippi truck stop (?). Was the guy the missing Polar bear? Are we still to assume that the truck stop and the delivery system are part of the Commonwealth? Now was the voice on the radio part of this organization or was it the filthy woman? And if so, is she part of the organization (thus, not Commonwealth) or did she take over another one of their truck stops? Is she with Sarah and Wendell? (hope not, but if not I can't see why she'd go towards them alone). Was the zombie pinned to the wall Polar bear ?

The episode was pretty bad, but it did open quite a few possibilities for what's to come.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This episode was SHIT. Lol

I’m assuming from what was said on TD that the voice on the radio was Sarah. (She said her first scene was talking on a walkie with Morgan before she ever even met Lennie James.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't understand how they can put together a first half of the season like 4A, which was for the most part well done, and then create trash like we had in this last episode. Since she was under contract anyway, why didn't they just keep Kim Dickens and build a simple story around her in the second half and then have her die at the end of the season. It would have spaced out the big character deaths and given coherence to the story.

Instead of having the few survivors of 4A bond they have everyone inexplicably scattered and now they just introduced new horrendous characters.

If this is all they've got they should've just told the season's story in 10 episodes and ended with Madison's death and the aftermath.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

All life is precious. *ducks*

It can take me a while to decide about new characters. But, honestly, I don't see anyone living out in the open being alive in a wheelchair this far into the ZA. It seems like pandering to get a new audience, so it will probably give him annoying plot armor.

Myself, I bet anything I would have become too slow long ago without my asthma medicine. The ZA is for the fit and fleet. (And highly portable babies.)

Beer guy, Jimmy?, looks promising. But, I think, now that we know about boiling water to make it safer, beer won't be as important in this iteration of survival as it originally was.

17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that too, how have these two survived? They felt out of show too, too clowny and smug evil for Walking Dead. Negan pulled the smugness off cause he had a inner fury and an army of assholes to back it up with, he could afford doing shit. But these two? It's a dude in a wheel chair!? How has he survived out there? He can only go on roads and some roads...well that tree in the way and he is screwed.

How did they survive before they stole the truck and I also wonder, what place did the ycome from? THEY must have been inside a settlement of some type, wheelchairs also break down. My uncle used to work in repair for such things.

The water is funny, it taken accumulative like 12 seasons for someone to mention the water thing in this regard, this after people taken baths in zombie goo and pretty much said "We can bath as long as you don't swollow to much of this goo water!" I think last time the people worried about water being bad to drink was in season 2 if we do not count season 5 I believe, when they found water on the road. And that was human bottled so I won't count it! Good guy Aaron not being trusted :p

I would die super hard in the setting too by the way, migraines, IBS, skinny as a twig and bad physical condition :D lol!

EDIT:

Also, wtf did they intend to do driving up to Rick Grimes, with Negan, Daryl, Carol among other bad ass killers and good people in his entourage and go "Lol we got Mo-Mo kidnapped, what you gonna do about it?"

"I don't know, probably machete you"

And thats that.

#17 Marc, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Uber.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Lyft