Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Connie and Magna under the Dumpster

Discussion in 'Episode 1009 - Squeeze' started by BlackBird, Feb 24, 2020.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Say that it is so. I don't care how unbelievable it is that they're going to survive this, or at least one of them, but please, please, please, may there be a perfectly positioned dumpster in that cave. And may Magna make me like her again by saving Connie.

After first watch, I felt completely hopeless. There was no way they could survive that.
    But Dnae and Chris have done a good job raising a little hope in me. So I'm holding onto that as my new mantra.

[​IMG]

Reasons:

1. If this really was it for the two girls, they would have made more of their deaths, surely.
    2. They can't possibly do this to Daryl again.
    3. Magna needs to do something heroic at this point.
    4. They've set up Daryl and Connie's growing affection towards each other so beautifully, that this can't possibly be how it ends.
    5. If Connie really died here, that could prove to be an insurmountable issue between Daryl and Carol moving forward.
    6. Connie surviving would be just a so much better story all around.

So. There's still hope. There is. Right?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. walkon

walkon Active Member

I wondered if they were setting Carol up for the big save.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This is much different than the dumpster. In that episode they filmed it so we thought Glenn was being eaten alive. In retrospect it would've been the best way for his character to go out at that stage, being on a run that finally went wrong, and trying to help other people.

Now we're in a situation where the two are trapped but we already know it's an extensive cave system. Daryl even said he'd try and find another way in. So I think at least one, if not both, will survive this. If it's just one then I'm sure of the two it'll be Connie.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

We didn't see them die so it didn't happen, people IRL survive this. I honestly forgot Magna was there. They can't do this to Daryl. This will be how Carol redeems herself to Daryl.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The fact that they made their fate a cliffhanger raises a lot of eyebrow hairs. There are some hints in terms of filming spoilers that point to a certain direction, but I haven't been following them closely enough to make any confident prediction.

It seems odd to me that they would make their fate a cliffhanger just to have them both found dead later. Or to leave it uncertain forever. Although both of those things are possible. The fanbase would hate it, but I actually like it when things are left uncertain, as this is often how things would be in a zombie apocalypse. Sometimes your friends would go out on a run, and just never come back. ZA's are probably not bed buddies with closure. So if we ended up never knowing, and watching the dynamics of Daryl and Kelly try to deal with the fact that they don't have closure, that would be okay with me.

If Daryl finds an alternate entrance to the caves and finds them both dead, and we watch him deal with this and the trouble it causes between he and Carol, that would also work for me, although I would be sad to see Connie go.

I both hate and love losing characters I like. I hate losing them, but we love the show because we know characters we love might die. That's what makes it worth the ride. If no one we liked ever died, there'd be no emotion. I'd hate to see both of them go, and I'd also hate to see both of them survive. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Well, at least Connie isn't dead because there's a clip of her on a back half trailer of her in a car with a baby. I'm going with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

That was Kelly in the car.

I think they both are still alive, as those whisperers got in there real quick, and the way the gang got out was not quick at all.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I hope that my girl crush connie, is ok. I watched the talking dead and the actress has a new big movie role(congrats lauren!) so she may need to leave the show. But this would be, for me, the most pointless death on the show since
    t dog.

9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I liked T-Dog, but I was okay with his death because those were the days when nobody was safe.

C'mon, does anyone really think Magna and Connie are dead? They'll probably wind up digging themselves out of the mine and saving the group in the season finale. :D

#9 Rapscallion, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

Daryl needs to get Dog. He'll find Connie quicker than any human!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

They are MIAs. I think at least of them will survive (and that likely to be Connie). Point #4 in the OP is the decisive factor.

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I want Connie to survive this, but I agree about the uncertainty aspect and wish they'd do it a bit more, particularly when it comes to some secondary characters. That's why I rolled my eyes when they brought Morales back and put him with the Saviors. It was better just to leave his character where we saw him in Season 1, driving off in a different direction with his family. I don't even understand the point of his return, because then they killed him instantly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Would they really make Daryl carry another dead love interest out the 'door'??? :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

YES! Dog!!

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They play with fictionalized geography a lot on TWD, but its stated in dialogue that the cave is on the 'edge of the national park', and after the blast Kelly said "we don't want our backs pressed against these mountains when the walkers come". Makes me wonder if a good candidate for the cave system is the Shenandoah state park along the Blue Ridge Mountains. Its a bit far from where we have generally estimated the Hilltop to be [over 40 miles probably], and they traveled there on foot somewhat quickly, but as stated they do play with geography a bit.

Anyway, if that's the case, and these caves are a fictionalized version of Shenandoah National Park, they could head to the nearest park services building and, if they are lucky, get a map of the caves and its entrances. If they are lucky. ;)

16. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Is it possible Daryl digs all the way there and finds nothing except a card saying PPP?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

PPP?

Also, Connie better survive! Magna Im not a big fan of, she is just a brooding edgy asshole.

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Tara found a key card with the 3Ps on it after she escaped from Oceanside. She was looking for Heath, who hasn’t been seen since
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

19. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

OH! Lol!

Kinda makes me think of the good old days when Walking Dead was more contained to the main group, now its characters left and right and it feels much more shallow :(

• Agree Agree x 1