Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Connie

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by GrungeMan, Mar 27, 2019.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

We don't have a Connie thread yet, despite how amazingly awesome she is!!

Let's show some love for TWD's first deaf character!

Sticky please @Tony Davis

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

When Magna's group was introduced I just knew that Magna would become a favorite. And I still have great faith that with more screen time I will become attached to her character as well.

But damn if Connie has not become one of my favorites! You are correct, she is AWESOME!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Dog could be her sidekick. Dog has excellent hearing which can compensate her deafness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

<<<<<<<<< You inspired a new avatar @GrungeMan

or should I use this one.....?
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Use the one in your post! I love the snarkiness!!!

6. PepperAnn

I loved Magna from the get go.........but she has kinda let me down lately. She's a bit ......ugh what's the word........ robotic? no..... ugh......bare with me through my thought process lol.......................................................................................................................................................................................................help me out..........................ok fine dull in her delivery. LOL (I did not find the words I was looking for but that worked @Dnae don't kill me)

CONNIE ROCKS!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I love them both BUT it occurred to me a bit ago that both the current avatar of Connie and my previous avatar of Magna - they are both giving some serious side eye LMAO

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. PepperAnn

Read my first sentence!!!!! LOL

I just love Connie MOAR.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

You can love Connie ?MOAR?
    BUT

I stand by my "zip it" gif :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

The gif in this post is definitely the way to go!

12. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I still don't mind Magna, but ya Connie has been the MVP of that group. She cute af with that notepad dawg.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Ya right now they are giving her the Andrea treatment. They need to turn that around quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    sex eyes

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

She is like the only new character I have warmed up to so far.. I’m not always a shipper per se but I’m sensing a little connection with Daryl.. anyone else or just my imagination?

17. PepperAnn

Oh yeah, we all have been saying that. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

She's a really interesting character. She must have some nearly superhuman other senses to have survived for so long, considering that the one big giveaway of a walker is sound and it's reasonable to assume that she has been deaf since before the fall of society as she can sign (all I know in sign language, barring SCUBA sign language is "Do you read lips?"; which is two closed costs held apart and out out, followed by pointing at the individual then taking your index and middle finger, pointing them at your lips and moving them downward two or so times. I know the okay symbol from diving though I should probably learn how to say thanks too) and her brother(?) can too. I remember reading some old textbooks when I was about 14 (they were old; to me at least, from the 1970s) in school with the sign alphabet in one of them labelled as "deaf and dumb sign alphabet":rolleyes:, how times have changed, huh.
    She's a very interesting character as her deafness not only means she has to be extremely alert of her surroundings in case of walkers in the area but also has to be careful of making noise, which makes her an amazing survivor.
    She's a really likeable character too; possibly a love interest for Daryl; though due to his upbringing & brother I don't see him being inclined to feel attracted to a lady of a different race, though he definitely has changed over the course of the series; so it may be possible, however it would undermine his character if it spontaneously happened because the directors want more diversity. It would have to be very well written. That being said, they get along well together and season 1 Daryl would have looked down on her entirely and not wanted to associate with her at all.

19. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I don’t think Daryl was anything like Merle and it seems like he wasn’t fond of his upbringing (even though he did have love for his brother). That being said I do think his character would be open to being with someone of a different race. It seems like he was the good-hearted one in a family of rednecks and kind of had to blend in with their lifestyle to avoid getting shunned or even smacked around as the younger brother. Not to mention the “new” world they all live in has forced them to go through horrible things to survive. I think any kind of difference that could potentially separate people for superficial reasons (race, sexuality, etc.) would be lost after they all truly recognized that, hey I need these people, we have similar morals, we can agree to the same rules to live by.. and in time they all love one another. Back to the original point strictly from my point of view, I think Daryl has let go of any ridiculous views he may or may not have felt obligated to uphold and would definitely be open-minded about dating outside of his race if he cared for someone enough to do so. But so far he’s kinda seemed asexual so.. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. PepperAnn

That last line cracked me up. Lol. The rest was winner. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1