Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

OK.

https://web.archive.org/web/2020021...The_possible_origins_of_2019-nCoV_coronavirus

This is a link to the actual paper published. Please note this statement in the acknowledgements.
    "This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (11772133,
    11372116)."
    So it was sanctioned by the Chinese goverment. Not written by a conspirarist.

2. surviving

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

It's flat out terrifying, but that is an inevitable death ship so I understand nations bringing their citizens home and hoping to do real quarantines. I think/hope the U.S. is doing it right. Everyone is being quarantined. The presumptively negatives are being quarantined at Travis Air Force Base, which is 40 miles from me. I hope they all get lung CTs before being released to the wild, now that we know the nasal swabs are basically useless.

The U.S. released a statement that if people didn't want to get on this rescue plane, there wasn't going to be a second plane coming.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

A great reason to pay for things with cash: Big Data can be used against you.

"
    Chinese citizens who bought medicine to treat fever and coughs in Hubei province will be subjected to extra screening by authorities, the provincial government announced Tuesday.

Health workers will collect the personal information of those who purchased the medication in Hubei from January 20, regardless of whether they bought it online or offline, the notice read.

Those individuals will be subjected to extra testing for the coronavirus and may be quarantined if necessary.

Wuhan, a city in Hubei province, is the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak.

People who exhibited fever symptoms while seeking medical care in Hubei since January 20 will also be checked, the notice added.

The policies, which will be implemented with immediate effect, also require pharmacies to submit the identity of those who purchase fever medicine on a daily basis.
    "

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/...0-intl-hnk/h_de188b2db7737a8fb0ccea7df2fca25f

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. surviving

The problem with this ship is a woman got off the ship and checked negative. She then flew to Malaysia where she tested positive. Now the the other 3000 passengers have disembarked and have flown to various places in the world which means there is at least one other person who has the virus and has left. They don't know who this person is or where this person went.

6. surviving

Also one of the problems of living in a totalitarian society.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. surviving

8. Lindigo

That last sentence has a squinting modifier. I puzzled over why sick people would be buying medicine on a daily basis instead of buying a supply and staying home to rest up. lol But, yes, it is really fascinating how much a nation can enforce observation of its citizens.

9. Lindigo

The medical waste alone must be staggering, unless the space suits are going through a decontamination after being on the ward, the way nuclear facilities do it. If they are the usual medical one-use disposable suits, that is a lot of disposing to handle.

It was interesting to see the homey look of the variety of comforters on the beds. I guess they bring a person's home bedding with them to the hospital since it is already contaminated anyway and then incinerate that eventually, too? And what about other items in each patient's home? If the Chinese have decided against simply quarantining money for a certain period of time to let the virus die on that, then are they destroying people's personal property as well? Because the rings of possibly contaminated items just keeps expanding like the waves from a pebble tossed into a lake.

surviving, you are really living up to your name with what you bring to our attention in this outbreak.

10. surviving

Thanks for the compliment. Knowledge is power and key to survival. I hope a vaccine is created soon so we don't have use any of this knowledge. Right now with the travel restrictions for China the US government is buying time at the best. It will eventually arrive here at the rate things are going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Morgotha

the Chinese government isn't big on the environment, so why start burning medical waste now? A pile of corpses though, I can see them burning that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. surviving

13. surviving

14. Lindigo

because it will infect other people. You mean you think they put that in regular garbage and expose garbage men who travel all around the city as well as home to their families?

15. Morgotha

I would be willing to bet they just dump all their medical waste somewhere. After all, they are proven not to care much about the environment. For example the lake near where they mine all the metals for Telsa and Prius batteries is so poisoned it's completely dead. That's who China is.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20150402-the-worst-place-on-earth

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Morgotha

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Lindigo

18. Morgotha

It was years ago, but I've been to both Arcata and Eureka and my impression is that it's a sleepy little place. I can't imagine there much for Chinese citizens to do there, unless they stop for gas driving between Seattle and SF, and I don't know why there'd be a bunch of people going from Humboldt to China. It would be neat if someone could shed some light on this, it seems pretty odd to me.o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member